bizare things when losing weight

Amanda105

Silver Member
I just wanted to know if you had experienced anything bizare while losing weight...

I went to the gym before starting on this diet, and I was billy no mates, however hard I tried to talk to people nothing seemed to work... I've never had this problem anywhere but at gym... So anyway, I'm now a size 14 and people actually stop and talk to me, oh there nice trainers! oh have you had a good work out? Good swim? Etc etc do u think they think fat is catching...

I'm watching now, and no one talks to bigger people, even some of the bigger people, well.... I'm a fatty lover, cause I've been there and proud of it.... Fitness freaks giving advice, when i bet most of them have never had a problem...

Bizare!!

Hi Amanda,
I know exactly what you mean....but for me it has been everywhere I go....my weight has yoyoed and boy is it tough getting people to talk to you......when I was a lot slimmer I found people were attracted to me and would always find that people wanted to stay and say hello.....but now I feel I have to make double the effort....I often think what it is...as I am the same person inside and only put it down to one thing!!! Judging a book from it's cover!!! Amanda enjoy the attention.....it gets better hun!!:p

Totally agree with you Amanda. When I first started the gym (very overweight and unfit) one of the trainers wouldn't even say hello. Now he says hello, and chats and is very friendly. Funny that!

That's horrible.......like the fatter you are the more invisible you are.....

The other day, I nearly asked a woman, would you br speaking to me if i was fat?

I stopped myself ofcourse but ahhhh it's so annoying

The other day, I nearly asked a woman, would you br speaking to me if i was fat?

I stopped myself ofcourse but ahhhh it's so annoying

Amanda, I am ALMOST surprised that you stopped yourself! God that would be fun....

aww bless ya ans yes i get you, i noticed also people even look at you different, like lets say if i was eating out, id feel that every mouthful i took people were looking thinking oh look at her munching away no wonder shes fat!!!! i used to feel like defending myself and saying what u looking at, this is the first thing ive eaten all day and its like 3pm etc, which was true, i was terrible for not eating all day then eating lots later on, i think they must have thought it was like my 5th meal or something, so when i went on atkins a few weeks back and ate out, i found no one stared, i was just a normal person having lunch because i need to stay alive not coz im greedy etc, its horrible,they make you feel like you no right to be eating

im going out for my birthday in december for the first time since i started lipotrim, and im gona make sure i look hot lol, even though im with someone i want to see what kind of different reactions i get, i bet you its shocking,

once when i was out a few years back i left a club alone as i wanted my bed my sister stayed, as i left, there was a guy in a car who just shouted, fat ba****d at me, i didnt say anything and just got in a taxi, i felt terrible for weeks afterward, i kept asking myself why i didnt say something, why did he feel the need to ruin my night, why didnt he just say nothing????

then when i finally started to feel better i went out again, and even though a size 18 then i felt sexy that night, had a bit of male attention etc, then walking to the next club, there was a group of male students, we were talking to one of them, and he kissed me, i was shocked but went with it lol....his mate then said to me, hmmmm looking at you, i bet hes the best youl ever get!!!!, well that was it i went on one, showed myself up, i was fuming, shouting at him who does he think he is to ruin my night, to judge me etc, he just kept saying shut it fatty etc, and more worse things too, he asked me if i got my clothes from rent a tent? so i asked him if his were from mothercare as he was so small and skinny, told him id rather be fat and pretty then ugly and slim etc.....anyway in the end my sister had to pull me away, as i was out of control, we continued to them club, as it was only 9pm my night was ruined, i tried to smile, tried to dance and show myself i didnt care, but i did, it hurt bigtime, and even to this day i dont understand why these nasty people feel they have to say anything at all, why??? if i think someone is ugly i dont go over and tell them, why would i need to~?

sorry for the rant lol, but people can be so nasty and i dont understand it, i really dont

big hugs Nat, that's a horrible story.....

big hugs Nat, that's a horrible story.....

yup deffo, some people can be horrible, even when i reach my weight i want to be im never gona be like that, ever

thing is i was thinking im only a size 18-20, didnt see how big i looked until now

yup deffo, some people can be horrible, even when i reach my weight i want to be im never gona be like that, ever

thing is i was thinking im only a size 18-20, didnt see how big i looked until now

Nat, if it hadn't been your weight the *anker would've found something else to insult you with.......I would so love to just punch people like that! I know that sounds dramatic but oh the satisfaction of just knocking the to88ers flat.....:D

Nat, if it hadn't been your weight the *anker would've found something else to insult you with.......I would so love to just punch people like that! I know that sounds dramatic but oh the satisfaction of just knocking the to88ers flat.....:D

yeah true love and pmsl i tried to punch him thats why my sister pulled me away:eek:

Yeah that's horrible Nat, people are so awful, I'm never mean to anyone lol and I get it all the time.

I've always been big, so when I would be walking to class people in school would drop on the floor and start shouting earth quake.
When I went to the shops with my son and OH groups of boys would shout "Hey Fatty, how on earth did you get someone to F**K you to be able to have a kid"

I just always ignore them.

Yeah that's horrible Nat, people are so awful, I'm never mean to anyone lol and I get it all the time.

I've always been big, so when I would be walking to class people in school would drop on the floor and start shouting earth quake.
When I went to the shops with my son and OH groups of boys would shout "Hey Fatty, how on earth did you get someone to F**K you to be able to have a kid"

I just always ignore them.

aww bless you thats awful, bet they would eat thier words now hey

Makes me laugh really.

I get it off people all the time. And I laugh at them now. I'm like. Well you sit there and say stuff about me, I have a fantastic son, and a great OH. I'm happy. What's wrong with you? You don't have any of that. Looks like I'm the better person fat or not you prick. lol

Makes me laugh really.

I get it off people all the time. And I laugh at them now. I'm like. Well you sit there and say stuff about me, I have a fantastic son, and a great OH. I'm happy. What's wrong with you? You don't have any of that. Looks like I'm the better person fat or not you prick. lol

pmsl :D:D:D:D

I started seeing this bloke once, he was quite good looking, but we never seemed to go out much... I got fed up, And dumped him, explaining all nicely, I'm young I wanna go out, I've never even met your family and friends etcetcetc well he obviously havnt been dumped very often cause he was just cruel, the main thing being do u think I Want anyone to see me with a fat bird !!

I wad devestated.... Soooooo "evil grin" I posted a picture of him next to his car all over the Internet, changed his number plate to p***k and warned the women of the world about him pmsl... Probably didn't get layer for a while lol

I think a lot of this works both ways, to be honest. Look back at some of these posts, excuse any slight paraphrases as I'm in a bit of a rush

'fitness freaks'
'best they've never had a problem in their lives'
'judging a book by its cover'

i am a self confessed 'fitness freak' - in fact, I'm about to start my own business with pretty much that name. I am currently a size 10 so many of you would, I suspect, see me training and think I've 'never had a problem in my life'. But if you did, you would very much be judging a book by its cover.

From age 16/17 til 5mths ago I had weighed 8st give or take a bit. Lucky? Heck no!! Seriously hard work!!!!! It was 2-3hrs a day of lung busting, heart thumping, legs jellifying exercise and forcing myself to go on again and again and again even once I felt totally fatigued. And did I eat lettuce? Yes, sometimes, usually alongside a huge potato stuffed with hummous etc!

My weight and my size was a delicate balance of energy in verses energy out - like it is for most people. I could easily eat 3500cals a day, because I did the work to use it.

Then I got injured and could barely train for 3mths, but I didn't adjust my eating accordingly and gained 3st in 3mths, a shocking rate. I have gone up 2 clothes sizes, and now I am training again my fitness levels have dropped dramatically. i am having to battle to lose weight and still have 2st to go - its basically taking twice as long to lose as it did to gain.

So please remember, judgement works both ways. I would never, ever condone rudeness towards someone who is overweight, but please don't assume staying slim is easy either.

I hope that hasn't come over badly, i just think it needs to be seen both ways.

I started seeing this bloke once, he was quite good looking, but we never seemed to go out much... I got fed up, And dumped him, explaining all nicely, I'm young I wanna go out, I've never even met your family and friends etcetcetc well he obviously havnt been dumped very often cause he was just cruel, the main thing being do u think I Want anyone to see me with a fat bird !!

I wad devestated.... Soooooo "evil grin" I posted a picture of him next to his car all over the Internet, changed his number plate to p***k and warned the women of the world about him pmsl... Probably didn't get layer for a while lol

nasty idiot, ive met men like that too sadly, thier loss hey

I think a lot of this works both ways, to be honest. Look back at some of these posts, excuse any slight paraphrases as I'm in a bit of a rush

'fitness freaks'

i am a self confessed 'fitness freak' - in fact, I'm about to start my own business with pretty much that name. I am currently a size 10 so many of you would, I suspect, see me training and think I've 'never had a problem in my life'. But if you did, you would very much be judging a book by its cover.

From age 16/17 til 5mths ago I had weighed 8st give or take a bit. Lucky? Heck no!! Seriously hard work!!!!! It was 2-3hrs a day of lung busting, heart thumping, legs jellifying exercise and forcing myself to go on again and again and again even once I felt totally fatigued. And did I eat lettuce? Yes, sometimes, usually alongside a huge potato stuffed with hummous etc!

My weight and my size was a delicate balance of energy in verses energy out - like it is for most people. I could easily eat 3500cals a day, because I did the work to use it.

Then I got injured and could barely train for 3mths, but I didn't adjust my eating accordingly and gained 3st in 3mths, a shocking rate. I have gone up 2 clothes sizes, and now I am training again my fitness levels have dropped dramatically. i am having to battle to lose weight and still have 2st to go - its basically taking twice as long to lose as it did to gain.

So please remember, judgement works both ways. I would never, ever condone rudeness towards someone who is overweight, but please don't assume staying slim is easy either.

i really dont think this thread is in any way as you have seen it, we are talking about how you are treat different when you lose weight and how nasty people can be, with the things they say about fat people, its hardly the same as saying someone is lucky for being slim:D

mudbabe said:

'fitness freaks'

I am at the gym almost everyday and if j don't get there I train at home, having a full size multi gym with smith machine and cable cross over, cross trainer, exercise bike, total core machine, pilates equipment, exercise balls etc etc etc so people would call me a fitness freak also... I've watched, and fatter people or sorry "the overweight" to be "pc" are much more likely to be made to feel uncomfortable in gyms and a lot of people won't go or stop going because if fitter, thiner people...

I started this post because I've noticed how people treat me differently at the gym...

I know things can work both ways, but all are equal nooooo some are more equal than others !!

Just reading this thread and I agree with most of what you are saying, I ran the London Marathon this year at the weight of 24st along with my mate who was around 17st and the funny looks we were getting at the start were very uncomfortable, as though we shouldnt be there in their race!!
But once we started we couldnt believe the support we were getting off of the public, at one point a women asked if we were famous because of the amount of attention we were getting!!!
Needless to say we finished in 7 hours and probably stuck a couple of fingers up to even close friends who didnt think we could do it.
Never say never i say !!! :D

Back