Bizzare question, squid allowed?

louiser

Trying very hard!
Evening everyone,

I have been thinking, my dad does this squid thing that he's just said had rocket, pepper and a little herbs and squid. He tells me that squid is good for you. Ive been trying to have a look at the nutritional value online but its not really helping.
Is it correct that squid is good for you and does anyone know if it can be eaten on SS+?

Evening everyone,

I have been thinking, my dad does this squid thing that he's just said had rocket, pepper and a little herbs and squid. He tells me that squid is good for you. Ive been trying to have a look at the nutritional value online but its not really helping.
Is it correct that squid is good for you and does anyone know if it can be eaten on SS+?

I don't think it would be allowed on SS+. that's not to say it isn't healthy, just not the right micronutrients for the delicate balance on SS+

Something healthy to include in your way of eating after the diet though :)

I'd definitely say defer to the CD counselor on this one, but I have to ask the question: why would you want to eat squid in the first place?

Sorry, but the few times I've eaten squid, I thought I was chewing on a bunch of rubber bands!

I think thats why they say chicken instead - you just need that little something extra x

I don't think it would be allowed on SS+. that's not to say it isn't healthy, just not the right micronutrients for the delicate balance on SS+

Something healthy to include in your way of eating after the diet though :)

How does that work then KD?

Just wondering because I know squid is a good source of Niacin and Zinc, and an excellent source for Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Copper and Selenium, where as chicken is a good source of Vitamin B6, Phosphorus, Niacin and Selenium.....is it the B6 which isnt found in squid which is needed to strike the balance?

Just wondering because thats very interesting if it is....makes it a lot more complicated than I thought....

Cat Bee x

How does that work then KD?

Not sure what you mean. Why is it not allowed on CD (according to the book)? Or why can it be part of a healthy way of eating?

Not sure what you mean. Why is it not allowed on CD (according to the book)? Or why can it be part of a healthy way of eating?

You said it doesnt contain the right balance of micronutrients, but it contains practically the same ones as chicken and white fish, its only the Vit B6 which is missing....so is it the B6 which is not in squid which makes it unacceptable for SS+?

Oh yes. So sorry. Slip of the finger there :eek: I meant macronutrients, not micronutrients.

The macros are different as squid contains some carbs I believe. Okay, it's only a small amount, but advice is always to keep to the book (well...except for mushrooms which was accidently left out).

Oh yes. So sorry. Slip of the finger there :eek: I meant macronutrients, not micronutrients.

The macros are different as squid contains some carbs I believe. Okay, it's only a small amount, but advice is always to keep to the book (well...except for mushrooms which was accidently left out).

Ah right, was just wondering because in terms of micronutrients, squid is probably a better source, and is still a pretty good source of the macronutrients....it must be the higher value of protein in chicken which makes it better on CD....anyway, as you say, best to keep to the rules of the book! :D

Back