BL bar confusion

Sorry for the late reply minimoosh! i live in lancashire im afraid! i got the berry bars in Asda. Thanks everyone for the information on the bars, im aware they arnt approved but i used to love the cambridge bars and BL bars are similar to them so i will be having them. I aim to keep my calorie intake around 530-600cals but if i got above well it will only be slightly above! i sure do love this SnS diet! its by far the easiest diet ive ever done :) x

Wow Starlight when you see it like that- 800 cals undereating- it really drives it home! I never thought of logging packs, I use foodfocus for the chart but stopped logging what I ate when I started S&S. I used it a lot to log when I was low-Gi or Rosemary Conley, was the best tool I used! Chart is a little steeper this time round though :D

What does MFP stand for?

My Fitness Pal

Sorry for the late reply minimoosh! i live in lancashire im afraid! i got the berry bars in Asda. Thanks everyone for the information on the bars, im aware they arnt approved but i used to love the cambridge bars and BL bars are similar to them so i will be having them. I aim to keep my calorie intake around 530-600cals but if i got above well it will only be slightly above! i sure do love this SnS diet! its by far the easiest diet ive ever done :) x

I agree! So much easier than examining every single thing in the Supermarket for fat content, cal content etc. And now, having learnt so much recently about low carbing the checks would be for carbs and sugar too! I got into the routine of having the same few meals as I was certain they ticked all the boxes- same brand of soup with same brand of bread etc. Oddly enough I have more choice on S&S!

Shame you are so far away, probably not worth coming all that way just for a bar! Randomly, the Asda site only offers the breakfast bar not the others or I would do a big order with loads of flavoured water and coke zero to save my back! I've tried one small Asda, no BL products at all, and two very large ones with clothes etc but no luck!

My big Asda (far away so get an online delivery from there) do all 4 BL bars. My smaller local one doesn't sell any at all. Maybe they're out of stock in the bigger one?

What a nightmare, see i could send you some but i have no idea how much the postage would be it could work out quite expensive! the bars were £1.50! you would think you could buy them online somewhere wouldnt you! they arnt on ebay i just checked for you!

My big Asda (far away so get an online delivery from there) do all 4 BL bars. My smaller local one doesn't sell any at all. Maybe they're out of stock in the bigger one?

May be the case, one of them had just the breakfast bar the other has mint, choc crunch and breakfast but yet to spot berry! There was a gap in the one with only one bar, the other had no gap so I don't think they stock it! I just looked on the Asda site, they only list the breakfast one- where do you order from? Or maybe they are out of stock just as I look!

Wow Starlight when you see it like that- 8000 cals undereating- it really drives it home! I never thought of logging packs, I use foodfocus for the chart but stopped logging what I ate when I started S&S. I used it a lot to log when I was low-Gi or Rosemary Conley, was the best tool I used! Chart is a little steeper this time round though :D

I like it for 2 reasons... its reassuring to see that Im still definitely well under my cals lol but also to keep a rein on 'extras' its amazing how coffees can add up.

I think between the photos of my scales and daily logging on MFP Im becoming slightly OCD about it all lol

What a nightmare, see i could send you some but i have no idea how much the postage would be it could work out quite expensive! the bars were £1.50! you would think you could buy them online somewhere wouldnt you! they arnt on ebay i just checked for you!

thanks! I have to admit I am watching ebay for any BL or Ultraslim bars but nothing thus far! And thanks for thinking of sending but they are really heavy, bet would cost a fortune! I'll keep looking and well I still have loads of S&S ones and a few Ultraslim, I'm not exactly starving haha:D

Approved Foods were doing the BL bars for 55p recently Moosh :)

thanks yes I saw but only the mint ones- I can get those. Plus after seeing people saying they don't like the out of date ones I'm a bit wary. PLUS I don't think AF would be good for me, I don't know if they require signing for as I'm never at home!

I've been living on the mint ones from AF for about 2 weeks and haven't dropped dead yet :).

The berry ones are still available from Asda where I live Moosh. It tells you what's available dependent on your postcode as not all stores stock the same things. Things only show up if they're in stock too. I suspect that your London Asda doesn't stock a whole bunch of different types of Haggis and Lorne products either ;)

Booo, yes the haggis choice here is dire. Actually I know that's true as boss is Scottish and brings it back with him! Damn, usually London gets all the best stuff- I'm from Cornwall, I know what it's like to live in the back or beyond! booo!

BG is the postage expensive for the bars? from AF

its a bargain really then when you think about it, i paid £1,50 for one bar, granted there in date but the pack does say best before not end date..blah blah!!! so i shall buy a few, going to find the link now ive seen it somewhere on here to the page of the mint bars

I've just ordered a load of the bars from AF. Postage was £5.25 for anything upto 25kg or there are a couple of things you can buy that give you free delivery. I ordered the special k for the free delivery offer as these will be handy for dh / kids on days out as the weather gets better.

fingers crossed they do taste ok :D

Back