blending fruit.

princesss01 said:
I've done SW on, off for 20 odd years and there has always been syns in tinned fruit!!

It's because it's tinned in syrup or fruit juice, I wouldnt waste syns on it I much prefer fresh :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

The stomach works much harder to break down the fibre in whole fruit than in puréed or blended fruit meaning the sugars are released much more steadily. You feel satiated for longer and the 'sugar high/crash' effect is much less.
In terms of calorie consumption if you blend what you'd eat then there's obviously no difference but you're more likely to be reaching for something else soon after.

The programme that systema refers to didn't address the whole fruit/blended debate but the associated article does make interesting reading www.bbc.co.uk/sn/humanbody/truthaboutfood/slim/soup.shtml

Thank you so much for that - it has been driving me nuts for days trying to find it.

In the end losing weight is all about calories no matter how you dress it up - SW - WW - Rosemary Conley - energy in versus energy out - the only way to lose weight so I am not going to lose sleep about blending fruit with my porridge when I was going to eat half an apple and half a banana anyway.

I am following SW and not trying to break the rules but the one like the fruit blending passes me by.

Thank you so much for that - it has been driving me nuts for days trying to find it.

In the end losing weight is all about calories no matter how you dress it up - SW - WW - Rosemary Conley - energy in versus energy out - the only way to lose weight so I am not going to lose sleep about blending fruit with my porridge when I was going to eat half an apple and half a banana anyway.

I am following SW and not trying to break the rules but the one like the fruit blending passes me by.

Psst...just between us... I sometimes eat tinned Grapefruit as life is too short to segment a grapefruit lol!

Doesn't it have something to do with mastication (now now ladies I mean chewing ;), )

My C has always explained it to our group with pears, tinned pears take no chewing as they are so soft and slippery you pretty much put it in your mouth and swallow but eating a fresh pair takes chewing and saliva which triggers your stomach into knowing its getting food then being full.

I don't have this issue I only like bananas, apples and melon fresh, all my other fruit is frozen which is also free :)

X x x

Psst...just between us... I sometimes eat tinned Grapefruit as life is too short to segment a grapefruit lol!
You little tinker you! ha ha :)

I thought it was free when I 1st did SW, I used to eat tins of fruit cocktail. I wish it was!

i seen this it was on channel 4 dont remember what it wwas called but was soup not fruit
[
I do wish I could find the info which disproves this - I know it is there somewhere it is just finding it. There was a programme on TV which went, I think, to an Oil Rig and half the men there were given conventional food and the others given blended food. The upshot was that the men given the blended food were full for longer - same amount of food and doing the same work. Think the test went on for a week not just one day. One day I will find it :sigh:

it was actually 10 things you need to know about losing weight it was bbc with michael mosley it was the ....We discover the scientific reasons why soup keeps you feeling fuller for longer than solid food: it's all to do with the particular way the stomach shrinks and expands, and we'll prove it using ultrasound scans of Territorial Army recruits.
cant wattch it though was january 2011

Back