Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Fantastic weight loss Jennie - you are doing super fantastic!! Keep it up and you'll be at target before you know it:D

Well done hun:D

Love

Another fantastic weight loss, well done and keep up the good work.

Hi Jennie, I had my first meeting with Ailsa last night and wasn't she inspirational. If i can be where she is this time next year i'll be chuffed to bits!
Good luck for your weigh in tonight, I've had my first day today and just cant stop weeing! Wouldn't recommend the chilli soup though ... it was gross!
Your diary is fab though, and has kept me thoroughly entertained! Where on earth are you finding all these men from though? I live in Thrapston and they are very thin on the ground here!!
Julia x

Ailsa is the business!!:D I feel exactly the same way - if she can do it in a year so can I! (not said in a derogatory way of course!! More in awe really!!!) Roll on next summer eh Julia?;) :)

I love making crisps with the soup mixes, just had a bowl of them made from the veg soup mix, scrummy! I'll put the link on here for the recipes (if I can figure out how... I know I can coz I did before.. lol) Anyway... well done on starting the Cambridge plan,:D I'm now on day 15 and can't believe how easy it all is right now!:eek:

I have loads to put on here diary-wise... life seems to have become somewhat frenzied - perhaps because I have more energy!:confused: Bit odd when you think of how few calories I'm taking in, but then... for the first time in my life probably, I am giving my body all the right nutrients AND am off caffeine (I don't drink tea or coffee).

As for the men - internet dating site.. some are frogs:rolleyes: , some are princes:) and some are beyond description! Off on another date on Friday and looking forward to that, we (him & I) both know already that there will be no passion or romance,(not that he's unattractive) but we both like each other and know that it will make one Friday evening far more bearable than sitting alone watching telly!!! :D

I was hoping that last Saturday's date would have been in touch by now but alas no.... had a date Monday evening which was lovely, but again, not the romance of the century.. lol

Anyway - WELCOME! and CONGRATULATIONS for making probably the BEST and BIGGEST decision of your life!:D :D :D

Thank you, thank you, thank you ---- all!

Thank you, thank you , thank you , thank you... for ALL your wonderful encouragment and interest.

I have always struggled with people genuinely caring about what goes on with me:eek: :rolleyes: - It's like taking a compliment - it's a bit alien but I'm learning!;)

Hopefully will be able to get things in hand so I can spend a bit of time on here this evening!

Thank you all again, people like YOU make it possible for people like me to do this!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, thank you , thank you , thank you... for ALL your wonderful encouragment and interest.

I have always struggled with people genuinely caring about what goes on with me:eek: :rolleyes: - It's like taking a compliment - it's a bit alien but I'm learning!;)

Hopefully will be able to get things in hand so I can spend a bit of time on here this evening!

Thank you all again, people like YOU make it possible for people like me to do this!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And you Hun support us all too,you are a lovely person,except those compliments as they are well and truely deserved ((hugs))
:D
xxc

Day 18 - still going strong!

I've neglected this place terribly but have all day tomorrow to myself! (unless this evening's date turns out to be some kind of knight in shining armour - although , actually, I'm just looking for a night(evening) of decent male company!)

I GOT MY NEW CAR!!!! and, I KNOW it's psychological, but I feel slimmer in it! LOL

Got heaps more confidence, daft really. Am loving driving it AND I sold my old car tonight for £530 !!! Which will pay for the rest of my holiday next summer!!!! I am so darn chuffed!

I've stuck to the diet absolutely 100% and am feeling somewhat self-righteous as I went out on a date last night to a pub/restaurant and today spent the afternoon with an old mate of mine (again in a pub/restaurant!).. and although those heaped plates looked soooooo nice... I was happy just to sniff! LOL

Anyway... just wanted to hop on to keep in touch and say that I hope everyone's weekend is going as they want it to!

Jennie

Day 18 Cars, dates and giggles

Thanks DQ. ..

It's just gone 1am (Sunday) and I am on cloud 9. I went on a kind of a blind date this evening and it was wonderful. He asked to see me again and we are going out again next Saturday!

He was lovely, blue eyes, blonde hair.. really fantastic personality. Really great laugh - can't remember when I giggled like that last!! When I asked him what he thought of me he just grinned and told me he thought I was quite pretty!!!! I corrected him and said had he said very instead of quite that could have meant major league brownie points so he would have to make them up in some way!

We met in Woburn (which is 35 miles away for each of us!) and sat in a pub for over 3 hours.. me with my several pints of iced water and him with his beer and then diet coke..

We only left because the flippin pub shut! I said that it was a pity as I wasn't ready for the evening to end and his response was to say that we would simply have to meet again to continue our chat - if I wanted to!

If I wanted to!!! Flamin' ada! (apologies to anyone named Ada).. I said I would need to think about it (LOL) and then - within about 5 seconds told him I'd thought and yes, I was free on Saturday. :D He walked me to my car, gave me a very gentle kiss and said goodnight.

I was on cloud 9! Started the drive home and he rang me to say that he had had a wonderful evening and asked me to call him to let him know I got home safely... :)

Finally got home around 12.45 and rang him... he still had a few miles to go... so... a little while later he rang to say he was home too.

It was a really nice evening and I'm so glad we met. If nothing else I know that next Saturday evening will be one filled with great company and laughter!

The car is a dream to drive and I played very loud dance music all the way home.... wicked!!:D Will have to get to bed now, but still buzzing! lol It's been an eventful day... ;)

Last edited:
Day 19 - dates, dishes and distractions!

Well, I woke bright and breezy this morning. :D Dunno if it's coz I feel so much better for having a nice evening in the company of a really smashing bloke or the compliments, or just the buzz of a bit more self-confidence..:eek: :D

Hell - who cares! :eek: :D lol I feel good!!!:D :D

I'm supposed to be reading a heavy document and preparing for a meeting this evening :rolleyes: but somehow:eek: I've managed to distract myself into doing: 2 loads of washing, hanging one out, one in the machine and another waiting...;) I braved the dark murky depths of my daughter's room and managed to rescue some very sad looking clothes that were hiding dejectedly under her bed and squished beside drawers and walls...:rolleyes: I'm sure I heard the crockery and cutlery I brought down heave a sigh of relief as I put them into the dishwasher (3 trips up and down the stairs to carry it all!!!! and SHE asked me where all the glasses and plates were! cheeky mare ! lol):D :p

So that's done too.. living room still tidy... also cleaned the cloakroom and bathroom... and now, somehow magnetically drawn on here!:eek: :eek:

So... the paperwork sits and waits patiently for me to finally give it my attention...:eek: but I must hang out the next load first and reload the machine and oh, the dishwasher has finished now so I can reload that too! See... there's just SO much to be done!!!;) :p

Thanks DQ :)

It's early evening now and I dunno why, but I'm feeling a bit blue...:confused: maybe I'm heading for the pre-menstrual week... hmm... all my fingernails have broken except for 1 and that cheeses me off... :mad: I have spent all day alone (which isn't unusual) :rolleyes: but have kept myself busy... got a meeting in an hour so that will be good as I am actually prepared for it for a change (I organise a music festival)..:cool:

I think maybe I thought last night's date might have called or texted or something :( - but - no..:( so... I just have to wait and see if we do arrange something for next Saturday or not.:rolleyes:

I think I need to listen to the advice I dish out to my mates who feel like this the day after a first date... stop thinking about it... keep busy, and, if he doesn't call that's his loss! (sad thing is, I think this will be mine as he was a very nice bloke and a good giggle too...)... we shall see!:eek:

I have just to get through tomorrow and Tuesday and in the afternoon it's my 3rd weigh in! :) My daughter told me last night that I looked lovely and a lot slimmer too, :eek: which was wonderful as she normally says she can't see a difference.. lol

I think I'll go and make a muffin and put on a jumper (getting chilly) and lay out the paperwork for the meeting and put on some nice music (not slushy!).. lol:p

Been a funny sort of day... lots of housework and stuff but now quiet ...might get to bed right after the guys go home tonight from the meeting (hopefully finishing at 9!).

That way a nice early morning with a fresh day ahead and loads of work to do.. :rolleyes:

Not feeling very humourus today either, :eek: perhaps just a tad reflective...:( not accepting that I'm a bit blue...:mad: its a slippery slope!

Day 20 - Glad it's weigh in time tomorrow!

I'm SO glad that it's Tuesday tomorrow and weigh-in number 3!:)

I FEEL like I've lost some more weight, and, if having a very squishy fat belly as opposed to a more solid fat belly is any sign.. lol.. then yes ... I must have!:eek:

Still can't quite get rid of my blue-ness:( ... I am burning the candle at both ends though so shouldn't expect much else really!:rolleyes:

Not hungry, just missing some foods at the moment, but, not so much that I am eating them! (nor buying them even!):p My kitchen has never been cleaner - as soon as Zoe finishes cooking I clear up while she eats!:rolleyes: That way the temptation to pick is gone... the smells go soon enough and all looks good again. I have a feeling that by the time I get to goal my entire house will look like a showhome! :eek: ;)

Heard from my date last night :D , definitely seeing him Saturday from about 6pm... I've got a busy day then though - out with my friend Penny to a school christmas craft fayre, then driving down to see mum (show off me car!):cool: and then on to see a mate who lives near my mum (Celia) :) and THEN going to see my date! (He lives quite near to my mother - well, about 10 miles away).:D

Will be tiring having to drive the 2 hours home late at night but well worth it I'm sure. :D He makes me laugh and that, at the moment, is just what I need and want so it's good! :D (Plus I can kill 2 birds with one stone - visit mum = major brownie points + see him on his home territory)... tee hee :rolleyes:

He can drive up to me next time (if there is one)...

I was reading the dating thread on the chit chat bit of this site and saw a really good "guide" about limits on dates.. so.. to those who read that too... this is my second date.. so 2 more to go before B-day! LOL Sounds like toilet humour to me!!! hehehehehe :eek: ;) :D :D

Only kidding... will totally take things slow with this one... I think I'm definitely worth waiting for! :)

Sticking to diet ok, and, apologies for indelicacy, lol, for those who are easily offended avert your gaze now!:eek: , but I'm sure it's getting easier to do the sumo-wipe!!;)

Well, Happy Monday folks!!

All the best for your weigh in tomorrow night. You are doing absolutely superb and you are getting a step closer every time you step on those scales. In fact your getting a step closer every time you say no to food.

Well done girl!!

Jennie Wrote
I FEEL like I've lost some more weight, and, if having a very squishy fat belly as opposed to a more solid fat belly is any sign.. lol.. then yes ... I must have!:eek:

Im using palmers cocoa butter for this because it helps with the skins elasticity. Just thought you might wanna know. Its brill because it smells like chocolate and I call it my little date with chocolate. Just rub it all over to help the skin to firm up!!

Back