Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

tee heee heeeee.... oh thank YOU for all you phone calls and being there when I So needed you!

P.s. I went to Asda on the way home and cleared their shelves of Perfectly Clear Strawb & Kiwi ... 16 x 2litre bottles :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D should have seen the faces of the other shoppers... my trolley had in it...

16 2l bottles of Perfectly Clear
3 2l bottles of diet coke (for my daughter Zoe)
12 loo rolls

I am SO chuffed tonight... I'll write my full (yawwwwn) diary tomorrow and you will find out the reactions of those near and dear! LOL:p ;) Thank you , truly Ailsa, you've been a rock this week for me and I genuinely appreciate that.:)

fandabydosy ......x:D

You are welcome Jennie - you've done really well and at the risk of sounding patronising - I'm proud of ya!
Off to bed now as am up at sparrows fart tomorrow - have emailed pics to your hotmail email as too tired to go downstairs and get your other email addy off your file!
Birkenhead Mags Court permitting I'll be online some time tomorrow!

hi ya girlie

im so proud of u for ur weight loss. picture this. walking past that toe rag (the one with not a monogamous bone in his body) when u have reached target. he checks u out only to realise its u and he missed out on u! oh how funny that would be!

tee heee heeeee.... oh thank YOU for all you phone calls and being there when I So needed you!

P.s. I went to Asda on the way home and cleared their shelves of Perfectly Clear Strawb & Kiwi ... 16 x 2litre bottles :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D should have seen the faces of the other shoppers... my trolley had in it...

16 2l bottles of Perfectly Clear
3 2l bottles of diet coke (for my daughter Zoe)
12 loo rolls

I am SO chuffed tonight... I'll write my full (yawwwwn) diary tomorrow and you will find out the reactions of those near and dear! LOL:p ;) Thank you , truly Ailsa, you've been a rock this week for me and I genuinely appreciate that.:)
Congratulations! Which Asda did you buy the PC from? Kingsthorpe Asda has decided to no longer stock it!!

Pip

Congratulations! Which Asda did you buy the PC from? Kingsthorpe Asda has decided to no longer stock it!!

Pip

Just a quick post as am at work... will respond to all your fabbo comments this afternoon BUt...

Pip

It's the new Asda in Rushden. I cleared them out, so, hopefully they will think that there is a huge demand and get in even more in!

You should ring your local store and ask for the store manager and tell them that you want them to stock it and say to them.. if you want to see how well it sells contact your Rushden store! lol :p

Failing that, I am only a short drive down the A45 from you and, if you like, we can meet up halfway (say wellingborough Tesco's car park?) and I will let you have some of mine to keep you going? (LOL, can you imagine.. lol.. people will think we are doing some dodgy dealing!! ROFL)

I'll pm you my mobby number.. I have still loads of bottles in the boot of my car so could meet this afternoon if you have want to! I work 2 minutes from Asda so it's easy for me to get some! (although they have run out now! ;) ;) )

Day 7 Dentists, Doctors and Diets!

Day 7 Dentists, Doctors and Diets!

Well… Tuesday October 17th …. I feel a teensy weensy bit bad about how it began…:eek:

My boss rang me at 8.30am and asked how I was (remember I blagged the day off yesterday!:eek: ) so I told him, very truthfully, that I was cold and tired. (I failed to mention that it might be because I was up until 3am on t’internet and the cold because of being in ketosis :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: ! But still, I WAS cold, and I WAS tired. Anyhow…in his lovely, understanding and compassionate way, he told me to stay home and rest! Well, as you can imagine, I am an obedient employee so – I stayed home! Oh, and I can’t, well, y’know… poo.:eek:

Needless to say, I sat in my study all day on here! Well, not QUITE all day… having done the obligatory thing with the “p” stick and seeing that yes, I am definitely still in this state of ketosis (you, know what, that just makes me giggle :p – I keep thinking it would be a great name for a state in America… imagine it: “oh where do you live?” “in the state of Ketosis” “really ? gee , where is that” “ well, you go through Fatsville (plagerised from I’lldoit!), through Temptation Town, turn sharp left at Flabbyass Pass and then swerve left into Cook-a-lot Creek, and then head straight onto into Pergatory & Deprivation Drive for a brief time then you are slap bang in Ketosis!”, “Gee, what are the people there like?” “Well, they vary in age, shape, size, colour and creed but they all have the worst halitosis and flatulence ever!!” “Nice!”). ;)

Where was :confused: Oh yes… in ketosis. Which is a good thing, and I’m thinking, right, just spend a couple of minutes on the net then I’ll get on with some work.. (yeah, right, and my mum’s the tooth fairy – Oh Wait!!!!)…. Anyway, I logged onto the site and that was it.. It’s a flaming time warp (oh I LOVE that song!! – must dig out my Rocky Horror vid..) & before I know it it’s time to get ready for my first appointment of the day:eek: .

Every fortnight I have to go and see the nurse at our surgery :eek: – now, as you can imagine it’s a looong story but, the upshot is, she weighs me and checks my blood pressure. Plus I think she just likes the company to be honest!;) We always do the medical stuff and then have a right giggly gasbag! I tell her everything! Good job she doesn’t know my mother!;) :eek: Anyway… she weighed me, but I didn’t take a lot of notice because I’d not been for a fortnight and so had been a total glutton for the week before I started CD.. so, yes, it was a loss, but I wasn’t fussed. I wanted my evening weigh in to happen! We talked about my date and the ensuing dumping!:( Both agreed with previous adjectives with the odd expletive peppered in (oops another foodie word).:eek: Talked about how I was getting on with CD :D and she was so impressed at how I was tolerating it (physiologically I mean) that she asked me to get her some info :eek: … she wants to lose a few stone. I think she’s wonderful and could do it no sweat! Anyway, my blood pressure is down again :D (that’s the third consecutive drop) which is great news because my GP reduced the dosage by 50% only a couple of weeks ago! Ok – just a teeny bit of background – never had high BP in my life (apart from very late in pregnancy with Zoë and that was because I had a mega-ruck with neighbours) and when hubby did what he did I knew I felt proper poorly and went to see Dr and the receptionist took one look at me and got me in there and then :eek: (I must've looked sh*t!) and I’ve been on 50mg a day since then UNTIL 3 weeks ago when he dropped it to 25mg a day (one teeny white pill) and since then my BP has come down (only a little but it is down) and I’m well chuffed. :D :D

At last, my body is beginning to recover along with my heart. It’s been nearly 2 years so I’ll be very happy if I can come off them! Made me realize though that people can die of a broken heart as , had I not had treatment I would have been up there singing with the best of ‘em (well, I hope I would’ve been!) and everyone would have said “she should have lost the weight” “we told her” etc etc.. lol they wouldn’t have attributed it to a broken heart!

ANYWAY!.... sheesh, will I EVER learn to stick to the point ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (nah, probably not!).. so my bp is down, nurse wants to find out about CD and I have to get off to the dentist!!! On the way – just to get me in the mood for having my filling (deep joy) I call the car dealer for an update… bless him ;) … he answered right away! :eek: (bet he has my number saved under “Stroppy Cow” :eek: – don’t care as long as I get the damn car!:cool: ) It was good news! He’s going to call me on Friday to confirm, but, my car is now in Holland awaiting a car transporter and should be in the UK by the end of the week!! Hurrah!! Sooo.. I should get it on Wednesday!:D (I’m not going to hold my breath though!;) ).. anyway, I’d arrived at the dentists, thanked the now very relieved Tony and tried to psych meself up to actually walk in.

I was thinking as I locked the car door and drew in a deep breath… "we must be made of strong stuff,.. we willingly walk into a dental surgery KNOWING they are going to inflict pain upon us, and then, (how mad is this!) we pay them for the pleasure!!!!" :eek: Now, I might be wrong, but I think there are clubs for folk like that!!! (I wonder if dentists are masachists in the bedroom…. ) Sorry… just got a bizarre picture in my head of a dentist getting home and saying to his or her partner… “Honey I’m home.. and are you in for a treat tonight – I have a gum shield and a new drill to try out!”… does it work for you? Nah – me neither! Oh, AND another thought that entered my now nervously trembling brain:rolleyes: … how come I can’t, y’know, poo? :eek: The mere thought of a filling is enough to make me sh*t myself!!!;) ;)

I’m there, in the dentists chair, he’s smiling, I’m not, pretty dental nurse doesn’t know what to think when I ask for a bib, dark glasses :cool: and a stereo headset… you’d have thought I’d asked for a flipping space ship:eek: She smiled in her sterilized, straight-toothed way and told me to close me eyes! I did. :p I was sure I could hear drumming… ah wait, no, that would be my heart:confused: … he told me to open wide… I did my best, :eek: honest.. :eek: but really, you know, I can think of nicer things to open my mouth for than a flipping great needle and a pair of latex-gloved hands!:rolleyes: (hmm, d’ya think they take their gloves home too??? MUST stop that!) The obligatory “you’ll just feel a small scratch” and my body goes into total needle alert:eek: … before I know it my hands are gripping the chair arms for all their worth , my heart is racing and I’m trying desperately to remember the mantra I heard at the complimentary therapy workshop last Saturday…:confused: but I can’t so I try singing in me head… open my eyes for a second and catch sight of the drill! BIG mistake! I can feel my mouth trying to close but I’m dribbling by now as he seems to have made half my face feel like it belongs to someone else! :( :eek: I close my eyes and try to think of something nice.. a picture of a cream cake enters my minds eye :eek: so I stick a finger in my minds eye and think about music:D ! That occupies my mind for a while, but it doesn’t matter, nothing can stop me hearing the drill and knowing that my semi-paralysed face is now dribbling all the way down my neck!:rolleyes:

I try to communicate to the nurse that I need mopping but she’s firmly focused using her horrid water blowing vaccum cleaner in my already mass invaded mouth! They finally finish their assault on my poor molars and I do that wonderful “rinse and spit” action – but am SO careful not to dribble the whole lot down my front as , from here I have my 24 mile drive to my CDC for MY FIRST WEIGH IN!:D

I mumble a lispy thank you,:rolleyes: try and make some feeble joke and agree to phone and arrange a check up again in another 6 months. ( I know why they make it 6 months - it's a cunning plan to hope you've forgotten what they did last time!);)

Actually, I felt pretty shaky to be honest but I just wanted to get into my car! So I did!.. I’m sitting there thinking.. hmm.. good way to stop me eating for a few more hours anyway! :rolleyes: Not that I’m feeling much like eating anyway, and, come to think of it, I’m not hungry anyway! I’ve already bought a newspaper and I contemplate reading it while I calm down a bit, Tracey has a whole different idea.. She’s the lady I go to for me monthly waxing! It’s something I started doing about 6 months after the ex left. I thought, sod it, I hate shaving me legs and pits … so… off I toddled.. a waxing virgin!;) Now I’m a roughty toughty seasoned waxer and have my eyebrows done too and, when I felt particularly crap on my birthday last year, I had a neck and shoulders massage:D (remind me to tell you about my nightmare Turkish massage – in Turkey!:( ) and that was a real treat! :D

I think I’ll plan to have a treat every week I’m on add-a-meal… so .. once every 5 weeks I will have some kind of beauty treatment. :rolleyes: Yeah, sounds like a good idea.. with the money I’m saving from not eating loads of junk every day it will more than pay for it! Might even treat Zoe too! (she loves having her nails done!).. we’ll see. Where was I :confused:

Oh yeah, Tracey saw me in the car and asked me if it was ok to change my appointment from this Thurs to Friday – I got my diary out (not because I’m in demand, but because I have the memory of a gnat!) and saw that I hadn’t even got my appointment written in! So – changed it to Friday at 4 (I can get in the crime-hour beforehand! Sad sack eh? Lol) and she then asked if I knew any “Mrs Doubtfire” type who could pick her kids up from school every day and cook them tea… I told her I didn’t but would have a think about it … I wondered if she thought maybe I would do it:confused: I could do with the money to be honest, BUT, not kids.. nope.. don’t think I can do that… not if she wants to keep me as a customer! :eek: Lol So we agree that I’ll see her Friday and I set off to see my CDC. :D

Radio blaring out all the way there I dribble as I lispily sing along:eek: – must admit, not a great fan of Chris Evans but he plays ok music… and then I put on me Fleetwood Mac tape and have my own little karaoke sesh. :p I arrive over an hour early – which is horrendously rude:eek: , so I park a little way down the road and text my CDC “would you like me to come early?” she promptly calls me and tells me she's sorry but she has a client on their way, her mother ensconced in her kitchen and there will be another client after me. She sounds like she’s had a tough day so I don’t tell her I am in her road and just tell her I’ll see her later. :)

I settle down to read my paper – it’s tricky, Daily Telegraph in a Ford Fiesta – not a good combination. I have the radio on quietly and I actually nod off!!!!:eek: I wake up briefly to see her mum leave, her client arrive and neighbours looking anxiously through their nets as I stay sat in me likkle motor reading and dozing intermittently. :p :D

I also have a litre of water to drink whilst I’m there. Within 45 minutes I need the loo, but I just tell myself to hang a teeny bit longer..:eek: then its 5 minutes before I’m due so I go and knock. She ushers me in and I use the loo! Blimey – thought it was never going to stop!:eek: Whilst in there I change out of my t-shirt and jumper (I’m cold!!) into the top I wore last week on my initial consultation. Well, see, I was going on a date right from hers and so that’s why I was wearing it,.. anyway, that date was cancelled so I never went.. in any case, I got changed and washed my hands and then went to sit in the living room with her lad.:)

Nicktoons was on and I sat transfixed… it was only a couple of minutes and she saw her client out. It was my turn!:eek: Time to find out how I’d done! Well, I couldn’t wait to jump on those scales and when I did I had to get off and back on again! We checked and double-checked. Got out pen and paper to do the subtraction (I cannot do mental subtractions!!:rolleyes: ) and yes, we both agreed… it was definite.. I had lost… 13.4 lbs!!!!!:D :eek: :D :eek: :D

I couldn’t stop grinning.:D She tried to talk sensibly to me but I was pretty oblivious to be honest! I was so chuffed! When she offered me a drink (water) I asked about whether Dr Pepper Zero is ok or not.. her hesitation decided it for me. I’m not blowing this diet for the sake of a small purple canned drink!! But then she told me about Perfectly Clear – Strawberry & Kiwi fruit… OMG, she gave me a glass and my taste buds went into overdrive – it’s SCRUMMY! She told me I could get it from Asda, and I made a mental promise to get some one the way home!

We talked, y’know, as client and CDC do, but better. ;) lol We set the world to rights about a few things and it was time to go! Before I went I asked for more photos to be taken and so she did! I quickly put my warm top back on over the “date” one as she fetched my next week’s supply of goodies! I’m going to have 1 bar a day, 1 sweet shake a day and 1 savoury soup a day. I’m determined to make this as varied as I can so that I don’t get bored. I still have a bar and shake to do in the evening which I will make as a muffin first then the bar (choc orange). :D Looking forward to those as I thank her for the bazillionth time, huge grin on me face :D as she lets in her next client (male, I ask if he’s single - lol – wellllll…:rolleyes: . A gal can ask!) lol. I promise to keep her informed as to how I’m doing and get in my car feeling like a million dollars!

I want to yell it out loud to anyone who’ll listen!!! I send a text to this chap I’ve been “chatting” to via the internet. He calls me and we cheer together! He’s really pleased for me and I get a warm feeling inside :) (not sure what it is as not had anything hot today… hmm) and we chat awhile (thank goodness for Bluetooth headsets!) as I drive home.

I decide to call my Zoe and tell her, she nearly deafens me with her yelp of surprise, lol,:D and then I call my sister who is also equally stunned and pleased for me :D and then I ring my mate Lisa and she sounds happy for me:) but, bless her, she’s very distracted and I understand.. in fact…we talk about all that before I tell her! Lol Finally I call my mother… she never ceases to surprise me – she was really encouraging and supportive!:eek: Maybe it’s just me and my perceptions that are changing, but everyone seems really happy! Lol So, almost out of credit on the mobby and I am about to drive past Tesco and decide to see if THEY have any of the PC (perfectly clear).. it’s not good… I put 12 loo rolls in the trolley and head down for the fizzy drinks aisle.. nope.. no sign, I ask someone who, to be honest, and, I’m sorry maybe I just encountered the most dense assistant there, but I might as well have asked what the value of pi is?? (I bet they would have said it would depend on the filling!;) :p )

Upshot – nope, Tesco’s don’t sell it. I’m gutted and put back the loo rolls and leave empty –handed! Now, THAT is a first for me!!! So, back to the fatmobile and it’s off to Rushden and the new Asda. I LOVE that shop! I get loo rolls and eventually navigate myself to the right aisle and there it is… 16 lovely 2 litre bottles of the stuff… :D now… I used to have a major coke habit (the fizzy diet type:eek: !!!) and know what I can put away in a day, so I do the only thing I can, I buy the lot! Chuck a couple of diet coke in for Zoe and go and get a couple of little bits of jewellery as surprise birthday prezzies for her (she’s 18 on Friday!) and head for the tills! I do attract some strange looks and, instead of thinking it’s because I’m such a lard-ass I convince myself that it’s the contents of my trolley. I don’t care and just flash a smile at anyone whose eye carelessly catches mine! :D

I go to leave the shop with a definite spring in my step. Smiling to myself I ring Sarah ( my daughter who’s at uni) and she is SO chuffed for me, :D she tells me she’s eating really health stuff and is determined to get a bit of weight off before she comes home for Christmas. (she has about 3 stone to shift at a guess):eek: . We chatter for a bit and then I am outside and heading for the car. I spot this man wandering around looking very confused, by the trolley park. He has a handful of change and I guess he hasn’t got a pound to put into the trolley, well, it must be the boost of the weight loss, but I walked up to him and asked him if he wanted a trolley that didn’t require a quid:eek: , he looked so relieved and gushed oh yes please… so.. I offered him mine but told him I would have to empty it first of course, and then I made him feel a little silly, :rolleyes: but only a little,, I pointed to this vast collection of trolleys right in front of the store and told him they didn’t need a coin. He blushed , laughed, walked over to them (clearly looking to see if I was having him on!:rolleyes: ) and pulled a trolley clear. We both laughed and he said, he didn’t see them (I mean – please –they covered about 50 square feet!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) I laughed and told him that was because he was a bloke and they never see what they want especially when its right under their noses – but I was laughing as I said it!!!!!:eek: So was he, he agreed, thanked me and I unloaded my trolley with an even bigger smile on my silly mush! I do believe I had just been flirting! Lol:p ;) :D

Home at last and I unloaded my bottle-fest (leaving some in the car to make sure I have them for work) and I make myself a “muffin” and wash it down with a pint of this strawberry and kiwi fruit heaven!! Lovely! I still have a bar left to eat so I take it in the study and log on here.

I post my first weigh in results and I am so utterly overwhelmed by the warm, genuine and supportive messages that I get.

All in all - it’s been a very good day.

Hi Jennie!

Must say you write a very entertaining thread....:D Glad all is going well. Keep it up you'll be at goal before you know it.

I know you've probably written this somewhere but where in the Caribbean are you going? I've been to Barbados twice and it's just the best place:D

Love

Which Perfectly Clear is it? Still or sparkling? I've only tried the sparkling but never found the still although my daughter has bought it
Irene xx

Hi Jennie!

Must say you write a very entertaining thread....:D

aww, thanks :eek:

Keep it up you'll be at goal before you know it.

Oh I am so excited at the thought of it, even though I haven't even really given myself one as such! lol

I know you've probably written this somewhere but where in the Caribbean are you going?

Tobago - my sister has loads of friends out there and she decided that I needed a real treat so, as I had an unexpected tax rebate:eek: :eek: :eek: I decided to use it to pay for my flights! :D I've never been to the caribbean but I LOVE the sun so can't wait! Plus it will give me any my sis time together to really grow a lot closer as I feel we have drifted apart a lot over the years what with one thing and another..:rolleyes:

Barbados - oooh I saw a prog about that last night on sky travel! (well, briefly) Looked lovely!:)
How you doing Mich:confused: I really need to have a look around the threads but also need some sleep tonight. Big day for my baby girl tomorrow .. (boy I feel old!) she's 18!!!:)

Doing OK thanks Jennie - Day 5 tomorrow - not been 100% today but miles better than I have been just lately:eek:

Hope your 'baby' has a wonderful 18th - be ages before my baby girl is 18 (she's 4) - I was a late starter on the baby front - didn't have the first till I was 30 - was 37 when I had Lucy - but boy did I have fun before I got married:eek: :eek:

Go on Mrs off to bed for an early night!!

Love

PS - tobabgo sounds lush .....mmmm sunshine - I do miss it!

4.5 lb off since monday and 2 lb more to lose to get to 5 st of. But still got loads to go. My first target that I set myself was 15 st so nearly there.

Catherine thinks the still one is even better than the sparkling
Irene xx

Back