Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Oh bugger! What more can I say that hasn't been said already!

Keep your chin up gal, you are so worth it.

Hi Jennie, I hope you are still in your bed and catching up with some of those ZZZZZs. You sound so physically and mentally exhausted that you need to recharge your batteries. I know you have a lot coming up at the moment so when you have some downtime make the most of it. When you are at home only try and do the essential things. Once again clear your diary of non essential things. I'm glad you are asking for help, I know how hard that can be. I know that when I am under pressure that I tend to bottle it up and try to carry on regardless. My self esteem is so low at the best of times why on earth would I draw more attention to me being a failure by admitting I can't cope??!! But we are bound by physical limitations and once they are surpassed there should be no shame. Nobody expects us to be superwoman, except ourselves of course.

Just think of all the positive things coming up and the lovely weekends you have planned. The one with mates in May sounds especially chilled without any expectations to do anything :D. Ok, you know where I am so give me a bell if you need me!

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

More virtual hugs until the next real ones I can pass on to you!

Hello darling!!! Crikey what are you like!?!?! I agree with Cheryl that you are one of the strongest, most with it women i've ever met and look at you??!?!? I think you got a lot on your plate right now, with the 2 jobs, money worries and missing your ex. And the leak is like the final straw pushing you over the edge!! I feel for you i really do, but do you know what you have the most wonderful life!! 2 very gorgeous and loving girls and the most amazing busy social life!!!!!!! Chin up my darling, try to focus on the loads of positives in your life rather than the negs!! I can't wait to see you again chicken!!!!!!!

'morning all

Well, I didn't put in the ear plugs last night as, if anything had happened I would've been oblivious - the only thing that happened was the feckin' dog barking and waking me up at some ungodly hour! :badmood: grrr...

Zoe's still spark out (best thing for her I think) and went to bed last night with a pounding headache so I've decided to tell my boss (job 1) that I'm staying home today to watch her again. She was very pale. :sick: I'm not convinced that she hasn't got concussion and am going to play it safe.

Will have to go in to job 2, but by then it will be midday and I will know how Zoe's doing.

I'm a bit cross this morning - :badmood:it looks like the chef has changed his mind. :mad: We spoke very briefly yesterday lunchtime and he was very vague about it all and I texted him last night to ask if we were still on for this evening and there has been no response. (This is VERY our of character!)So, another one bites the dust! lol

After all his :airquote: please, I promise not to let you down:airquote: there has been a deafening silence about this evening's supposed date. So, am deleting him from my phone and memory banks.. :mad: In some ways I am very cross because I didn't think we would meet and gave in to his persuasions.. and in another way I'm thinking - is it me?:confused: :confused: How come blokes can treat me like $hyte:confused: :confused: :confused: Know what I mean? All this.. :airquote:I really want to see you :airquote:bow locks and then blow you out without even having the decency to be adult and man enough to actually call you and say, 'well, actually, I've had a change of heart'. I mean, for goodness sake! :badmood:

Ho hum. Well.. if nowt else it confirmed my thoughts about the lack of nervous excitement but I will admit, I'm disappointed.:sigh: I think it would have been nice to know that there was at least 1 man in this world who actually wanted to be in my company for an evening:eek:

Still... to be brutally frank... (apologies to anyone called Frank ;) ) ... I am more disgruntled and irritated about it than anything else and that is actually quite positive. :) How so? well... in the past I would have felt hurt and sad and upset.. and really felt crappy about it and rejected. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't miniscule elements of this still.. BUT... I AM saying that they are not the dominant emotions!! The dominant emotion is feckin' anger!:mad: :mad: lol A kind of.. 'how dare he treat me like this' :eek: :eek: feeling.. lol..

This is a bit of a turning point I think.. this is how I USED to be about fellas... many, many, many , MANY moons ago!! (pre-marriage days!!) lol

So.. I view this whole thing as a learning and developing curve. :)

Sorry, this has been all about my dating life, well, actually, lol, my NON-dating life! lol

Will :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: about everything else later.

Gotta go check my emails and do some work whilst I'm in the mood!

Sorry to hear about Mr. CHef. Although me thinks he's lack of bawlocks means you had a lucky escape in the long run. :D. I totally agree with you about being adult enough to say "I've had a change of heart" etc. I mean it's not as though you, me who ever are going to slit our throats is it?! unless they have an ever so inflated opinion of themselves! If only they (men) knew that discerning gals, like you have x-ray vision and can see through their hot air! :rotflmao:

As you once said to me, "'tis his loss!" :hug99: Truly, when I think of the single women I know, you included and how wonderful they are .... what an abosulute waste. Men don't know they are born sometimes ... :mad:

Anyway me old china .... your post believe it or not :D gave me food for thought and gave me some education about myself and how I deal with things, so THANKS. :thankyou:

Ciao bella xxxxx

Besides, his cooking is probably cr@p anyhow. ;)

I'm so glad this week is over and the weekend has arrived.

Last night Zoe and I took the dog out for a walk and bumped into Pub Quiz Man - he barely drew breath before scurrying off into the distance. When I told Zoe who he was she was really shocked and said - "HIM??? He's PQM??" lol and said that I was mad to be interested in him as he was "old and fat"! lolol Bless - she is only 18 after all... and, for the record... he's only 46 and, yeah, so he's a bit cuddly but so what! Anyway - he's not interested.. lol.. so it matters not!

I slept like a log until Zoe's boyfriend came in from work at 3.30am! I must remember to tell her to not put the landing light on at that time of night as it was that which woke me. I daren't wear the ear plugs anymore as she is still feeling light-headed. She checked with a pee stick and is DEFINTELY in ketosis so is very happy :D Ailsa gave her some to start her off..

She's doing well but is very bored and seems to be getting to grips with quite a few of the arcade games now :D

We've cleared out the fridge (apart from what Sarah will be eating tonight and tomorrow first thing) and so all we will have in the fridge from tomorrow is bottles of Asda sugar free appleade and Perfectly Clear (which we are going to stock up on tonight I think).

Was thinking of taking the dog out again tonight - different route though as not wanting to bump into Mr PQM. Am tired though.

Anyway.. got up at 6.30 and made it to work in time and steamed into things there. There were messages on the answerphone, which I had to wait to deal with as it was only 8am, and one was a particularly snotty one from a woman in another town.. she was chasing up the newsletters (which are now 3 weeks late) and I left an equally snotty message back on her answerphone telling her that she would get them when they were done! That sort of set the tone for the morning. My friend Rachael came in and took one look at me and I burst into tears. I was a mess! I sobbed about the leak, about Tim, about Zoe, about work, oh heck, I sobbed about everything! I told her how far behind I was in things and how much of a failure I felt.. I told her how tired I was of being useless and inadequate... how after a fantastic weekend I'd had one of the worst weeks ever.. I told her how I wanted to ring Tim to ask him to help with the leak, but couldn't because I can't cope with hearing his voice again, let alone asking him to help me. I told her how rejected and dejected I still felt from his leaving me, and how I thought I was over all that.. and clearly I'm not.. I sobbed and sniffled about my worries about Zoe.. about my worries about the house, about the leak, about the neighbours having a 40th birthday party and not being invited and how I felt excluded because of it... I told her how fat I feel and how much I hate being fat and want not to have to do this diet any more... Lordy. , the floodgates opened and stuff I didn't even realise I felt was pouring out of me!! I told her how inept at work I felt and how there was so much to think about at both jobs that I can't seem to DO anything!! I told her how I don't think I can cope any more with everything and don't know what to tackle first. I told her how my heart is still broken and that whilst I hate being alone, I don't think I shall ever meet a man who will truly want me and love me the way I need to be wanted and loved (whatever the feck that meant!!!)... all this in the matter of , oooh, 10 mins max! (which gives you an idea of the rate of sob,sniff, speech that was taking place!!)

I sent out a 'help me' email to someone who is lovely and knows how to do the financial stuff that I have been avoiding doing coz I can't get my head 'round it... and another to the guy who leads the finance group to tell him I quit and can't do it anymore.. I sent another to someone telling them not to pressurise me... and another to someone complaining about the lack of tickets to a very important ministerial event!! (I was less than tolerant in that one!!)...

My friend was lovely. She hugged me and told me that I had to tell my boss how I was feeling and that she will come in to help me on Monday. She also was very very kind and loving (as she always is).. and told me that I had to ask for help or she was worried I would have a physical and mental break down. I told her it was just a bad week and a time of adjustment and if I could just get back on top of things it would be fine. I believe that too.

After she left, I rang my boss and told him I needed to talk to him... I broke down as I was on the phone and he came into the office an hour later. We talked (pretty much the same as I said to my friend) and he was a dream! He talked to me about bereavement and how the way I was feeling about Tim was just like the emotions of bereavement.. we talked about the diet.. he said he was amazed that I managed to continue with it during all this... and I explained how it was the ONLY part of my life I have any real control over and that it was, actually, probably the easiest thing right now - that said, I just made Sarah a load of food for her marathon journey tomorrow and would quite cheerfully have shoved a wadge of ham and cheese down me neck! - . He explained that although I may not be completely over Tim, that I have made fantastic progress and that normally the things that seem impossible at the moment (ie the newsletter) I usually take in my stride and that it's simply circumstances and not that I am in any sense a failure... he was lovely to me and very understanding. We talked about how hard it is to admit when you are struggling, and how much easier it is to get bogged down than to put up your hand and ask for help... we talked about the recent changes in my life.. the money worries... my concerns about my girls.. the house.. and now the leak..

We talked about all of it. I cried some more. He told me that he understood that right now, with all that's going on, there is no comfort for me from what would have been my usual source... food or Tim. When he said about the lack of real comforting it hit a real nerve - he is right. Whilst I have friends, and they are lovely, they don't 'comfort' me. I used to have food as comfort and that's gone now.. and I'm not revisiting it because 10 minutes of comfort will lead to months of 'dis'comfort!

So... we agreed.. I just plod on and do what I can as and when I can. He tried to organise a plumber but we couldn't... we prioritised things (as I seem incapable even of that today!) and I got lots more done than I thought I would or could've. Then it was time to go to job 2!

I gathered myself together and went in ... it was ok. The afternoon flew past - there is so much to do there, no time for any dwelling on things.. constantly thinking of things.. it was the lady who's leaving , her final day. I took in a gift for her.. she has been lovely and so helpful (despite the rank breath and very dated processes) and I'm sure she has equipped me as best she possibly can. She seems confident that I can fill her shoes... I hope her confidence isn't misplaced!

I got home around 6.15pm and have done the dishwasher and seen that there is post to be dealt with for the festival. Zoe and I are going to Asda tonight to get the drinks.. I might take the dog out first just to get some fresh air and a bit of exercise. It also knackers the dog out which means he is less likely to be up late in the night!

I was supposed to go out with Sarah tonight and Trudy (from the pub) but I cried off, I'm too tired and way too emotional. I look rubbish and we (Sarah, Zoe and I) are supposed to be having our photo taken together so I have an uptodate pic of us all together. The last one was at my neice's wedding 2 Septembers back..

Sorry - this has been a right miserable post, but it's how my day has gone thus far... oh.. I tried calling another plumber without success and the water continues to drip through the loft.. and I feel fat and useless and totally inept and inadequate and fed up.. and I just moaned and whinges at Ailsa on the phone too and am in tears again!

...apart from that...life's ace!

What a day ...! It won't be the last like this though. However in the space of 1 post you've turned it around and seen positives and I'm so pleased. :)

The don't call the Cambridge Diet a 'journey' for nothing. :)

You are strong, you're strength has taken you thus far. I hope you will not dwell on this day. They'll be more, even when you get to goal, even if/when you meet another person.
Once again your post has hit many chords with me. .... but shall not going into them here.
All I will say is .... I'm single, I'm free, I have no commitments, if you need me to come over to your gaff to help you with the plumbing etc. all you need do is ask!

Here for you honey.

Ciao bella xxx

Hey Jennie,

:hug99:

Have to say that your last post was quite difficult to read as no-one likes to see such tales of 'dark moments' in what has been the most fantastic journey to date.

Whilst you may be feeling absolutely crap and that its totally yuk at the moment, permit me to list a few things.

1. You are a :superwoman: who has only had a 'cape is in the wash' moment that shows you are actually human as well

2. The things you do and the busy life you lead make me (and others) feel exhausted just readin it - you fit more into your life, have variety and friends (don't forget the friends) that most of us don't.

3. You have achieved the most incredible weight loss whilst doing all this and showed a determination that is humbling (I know how difficult I have found it recently and I am nowhere near as long into it as you - so don't be worried/concerned that you may reveal the odd crack)

4. You are so generous to others that you give more to life than you take - and there are precious few who do that

5. To me and others you are a role model (no pressure here then :D ) about what can be achieved if you really set out to and stick to it.

6. I want everyone else to know that even whilst writing down your most awful day - you sent me the most supportive and lovely PM about not giving up and keeping on track - and never losing sight of what I want to be - after my, in comparison wimpish post abdout just a LLC giving up. That makes you so special also because even when down you thought of others. (Hope you don't mind me revealing this)

So mega ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) from me - we all love you here and are with you all the way - as you are for us.

I nearly went nuts some time ago, over the job and london and being let down by that shyte who promised so much - and whilst fragile-ish and still fighting the fight and its such as your support that has given me the strength to do so.

I wish that I can give back to you, some of that strength:vibes: :vibes:

:thankyou:

(probably doesn't help at all - but feel so helpless to help otherwise)

Last edited:
Better day in lots of ways!

Saturday - a new day, and the sun is shining.. all's not quite well with the world but it's looking a damn sight better than it was yesterday!!

It's incredible the difference a day can make!

Firstly a mega thank you to you all - it's been hard to read all the lovely messages but sobering too and yes, a kick of reality as to what I have to be thankful for too in my mad world! :D

Last night Sarah and I had a mega hugging session with tears and laughter all mixed together.. we shared how we miss one another enormously and that sometimes Falmouth might as well be on the other side of the world... and yet we both love living apart.. lol... she's always going to be my baby though... (even if we both now wear the same size clothes!!! ;))

We sat up way too late into the night, but it was lovely. It was one of those precious times, y'know? I was a bit stressy this morning as I knew we couldn't risk being late to the bus station (her coach was leaving at 8.30) we got there at 8.15 and only just managed a tearless goodbye but with promises of her coming home again in June sometime to see Zoe, and me to go down to see her in July or August.. (must put that on the calendar). Zoe got up too and came with us so she could say goodbye to Sarah and it always touches me to hear them tell one another they love each other... I adore my girls. I am so proud of them both and of how they are to one another - and to me too. I am very fortunate indeed.

So... Sarah safely on her way and Zoe and I took off to B&Q and got the loft flooring - I've decided... I don't care how the plumber gets to the pipes, I'm going to floor the loft in any case... it will make access easier and is relatively cheap, good exercise and I will feel very liberated if I do it myself! lol It will also mean I can have all kinds of crap hidden away up there and know it's easy (and safe) to get to! So, we got the flooring.. and (would you believe) a pedestal fan for the summer (I reckon it'll be a scorcher) for only £12 ! We got woodscrews and a big orange bucket for the leaky drips! Minor problem - we got out to the car and had to empty it to put the seats down (first time!) to fit the flooring in.. lol.. only got 4 packs of flooring (3 bits in each) so it won't go far but it's a start! Also got some over the door coat hooks and am disgusted now home that the doors are too wide for them to hook over!! never mind, shall take them back tomorrow afternoon and moan! lol

After B&Q we went shopping! (well, banking... paid in the cheques for the festival - ticket orders are coming in really well) and a cheque my mate wrote me for the gig we went to early March. So those done (always get the work bits out the way before the pleasure) and Zoe and I went clothes shopping. I know, I haven't any money, but I'm crap and needed some retail therapy and for the first time ever I actually enjoyed going clothes shopping with Zoe!!

We went into Dotty P's as she wanted to see what size she was - and - she is a 14!! I bought her some lovely tops and a skirt for her holiday in May but I did warn her that they will probably be too big for her by then! I can already see the difference being on the diet has made to her!!!

We went into Peacocks and I bought myself some brown combats - I love the ones I was given in Brum but they are too big now.. so I thought I would try some size 18 ones.. they fit! I admit, I don't like the snugness on the belly and will probably only wear them with a mega-long baggy top over until my belly reduces further.. but.. they do fit, and I can sit comfortably in them without that tell tale 'roll' hanging over the top! PLUS they have a belt on them!!! A belt!! FFS!!! Me??? A belt!!!! lol

Also bought some cheap little sleep sets... strappy top/shorts... for home only, never for public consumption! lol Zoe chose some "Wonderwoman" ones which are hilarious and look ace on her.. mine are covered in strawberries.. hmm... food eh???? Ah well... if you can't eat em you might as well wear 'em!! ;)

After Dotty P's and Peacocks we had a venture into Monsoon.. see I fancy meself as a hippy... well, as the only things I can wear on my naff feet is boots.. lol ;) So I was hoping to see floaty tie-dyed stuff... but no... its all posh frocks and wedding hats! Mebbe wait until just before hols and go to Milton Keynes for a splurge... (well, a credit card rush ;) ).

So, bank account relatively unscathed.. we got home around midday and I sat and did a few minutes of festival paperwork.. oh.. and dropped off some more programmes en route (never want to waste an opportunity!).. and then made mousse! I can't believe that, here I am , 6 months in, and I'd not tried the mousse. I made one last night for Zoe and she raved about it.. now I know why!! I had a choc mint, she had a toffee walnut! OMGoodness!! It was lush!!!

We sat at the table with our bowls and spoons (teaspoons - makes it last longer dontcha know ;) ) and mmmmed our way through them ! lol It was surprisingly filling.. and we both struggled to get the last few mouthfuls down but it was so yummy!!!

The dog is happy today - no limping and sunshine - he loves being out in the garden. So, that's where he is! I had shoved my washing in the machine before we left this morning and that is now gaily flapping around in the sun so am pleased about that as I love the smell of washing dried in the fresh air. Makes me feel summery - y'know?

And so to now.. well... I have a choice.. I can go shower and then get ready to leave at 5 for the gig I'm providing the bar stools at (which, incidentally, means I get a refund for my 2 tickets I bought so thats a bonus as the stools cost me nowt but a favour from pub quiz landlady ;) ) OR I can lay the first piece or 2 of loft flooring and then get ready... have changed into some old jeans to do the loft, but you know what...I can't be asked! lol I think its the shower and straighteners and me top I wore last week, and mebbe the new black trousers I got for a fiver in Asda last night.. and me obligatory pink boots ;)

Oh, yeah, forgot,,.. when in Northampton we went to the outdoor market and I bought another pair of pink boots (they're like hiking boots) and Zoe was in despair.. lol.. she hates them.. I know they aren't sexy but I love 'em and I can walk and dance in them so I buy them! They were only a tenner so a real bargain! (usually at least £20).

We also say a massive run of Harleys going through town- well, more accurately, we HEARD them first and then tootled off to see them.. oh how I yearn to be back on a motorbike!! Today is perfect biking weather!!!

Ah well.. maybe at the rally in September I shall get the chance to ride pillion again. Who knows! :D

So.. as you can see... another hectic day BUT I feel loads better for offloading on here last night.. AND for the long chat I had with Ailsa late into the evening too.. and with Sarah.. and with you guys.

Seriously now.. I know I was a right moaning minnie yesterday, but it helped me no end to just weep and wail for a bit! lol (although I promise to try not to do it too often )

Thanks again , all of you... you are very kind and thoughtful.:thankyou: :grouphugg:

oooh... forgot to say... It suddenly dawned on me to ring my insurers about the leak and I have a plumber coming in the morning!!!! I think there will be an excess to be paid but I also think that it may not be excessive!! Will let you know! :D

so glad to hear your brighter today, some times a good offload, a cry, a hug & a laugh does wonders for soul relief.
the other thing is it's good to offload rather than bottle it up, cos it just festers inside & grows & grows by which time its then too big to try n deal with.
huggs hun
thinking about your luton idea, will call you to talk about it
xx:)

dear Jennie,i'm so glad you're feeling better.
I read your 'sad'post early this am & decided to wait & think what to write.it's easy to come & banter but when someone is really having to fight to keep it all together time is needed. So it was extra pleasing when i came back & found your recent post.

1.the house insurance.Brilliant.(embarrased that i didn'tthink of it myself) XS shouldn't break the bank & if the poor workmanship done by your ex means that the repairs are greater than it appears at firs then insurance should cover thatas well.

2. good old Mindless.said loads of stuff & covered allthe things i had planned to say but better & mor succunctly.

3.one area i want to stress & am aware that i'll sound like an old nag box.Please try & rest. You do so much;for the girls,the church,your many friends etc.You also do 2 demanding jobs.I know you didn't take the 2nd one on for fun & not losing the house is vital,but so is not losing either your health or mental wellbeing.
we've all had periods of our lives when things are running flat out,there's no slack left & one final thing has a straw/camels-back effect. All I'm trying to say is that I worry that you are trying to do so much, for so many, so often & for so long that you are not leaving yourself time to relax & rest.

Please try & give yourself time off.

wishing you an uneventful & calm rest of the W/E & next week too.

Hun, been reading avidly and wow, what a time of it you have had. I always think that sometimes strong people, like you and me, when we fall, we fall from the top, and land really hard at the bottom, we forget sometimes how hard it is to fall until we do it and then crash, ok, ill stop the wierd anallogy now, but because we keep going, and going, and going, when we crash it feels like the whole world has ended. Im so glad you feel a bit better, I really hope the leak has been sorted.

Big hugs to you, and remember, you are one helluva lady, and i for one am proud to say I read your diary x

MUCH happier today!

so glad to hear your brighter today, some times a good offload, a cry, a hug & a laugh does wonders for soul relief. the other thing is it's good to offload rather than bottle it up, ...huggs hun thinking about your luton idea, will call you to talk about it xx:)
looking forward to chatting :) thanks Cheryl - you're a poppet (no, not a toffee chewy sweetie!! :rolleyes: )

dear Jennie,i'm so glad you're feeling better.I read your 'sad'post early this am & decided to wait & think what to write.it's easy to come & banter but when someone is really having to fight to keep it all together time is needed. So it was extra pleasing when i came back & found your recent post....
one area i want to stress & am aware that i'll sound like an old nag box.Please try & rest. ...All I'm trying to say is that I worry that you are trying to do so much, for so many, so often & for so long that you are not leaving yourself time to relax & rest. Please try & give yourself time off. wishing you an uneventful & calm rest of the W/E & next week too.
Awww, thanks Jane. I know what you are saying and I will try to slow down apace.. honest.. lol... I'll try :eek:

Hun, been reading avidly and wow, what a time of it you have had. I always think that sometimes strong people, like you and me, when we fall, we fall from the top, and land really hard at the bottom, we forget sometimes how hard it is to fall until we do it and then crash, ok, ill stop the wierd anallogy now, but because we keep going, and going, and going, when we crash it feels like the whole world has ended. Im so glad you feel a bit better, I really hope the leak has been sorted. x
You've been a constant inspiration for me, and I really appreciate your message, thank you xxxx

Glad you're feeling chipper babes, sadness don't suit you!!!!!
:D cheers honey - I don't like it much! lol ;) Feeling MUCH happier today (can't say chipper without thinking salt, vinegar and a likkle wooden fork!!!) :eek:

Keep your chin up, things can only get better.
Thanks Cheb, you're right :D

Sunday afternoon... 5.45pm

Right, going to try and keep this short.. but well, you know me!!! lol

Last night I had a lovely shower and spent the time getting ready. I wore the top I wore for the first time last week in Brum. I felt pretty good as I drove off to Biddenham - map on the seat next to me, bar stools on the back seat, lol.. and appleade and a glass in a bag, lots of chewing gum and having had my final pack of the day so I wouldn't feel hungry!

(oh just have to say, playing Leonard Skinnard on the radio - Freebird - LOVE this song!!! (apologies for spelling!!) ) ..

Got to the gig nice and early - handed over the stools and then said hi to everyone I recognised. Well.. I have to say, it was lovely - without exception the folks there were lovely and complimentary (some haven't seen me since December, others since early Jan and 2 last month) and ALL commented and it felt great!!! I grinned like a cheshire cat all evening! When my friend Daryl arrived she threw her arms around me and we hugged and she just kept saying she can't believe the difference and how proud she is of me.( I cried).. and how fantastic I look now.. blah blah.. lol...and we hugged for ages and it was so lovely.. we got to chat during the interval about life the universe and our kids... one of her sons is in the Army and out in Germany (he's already done 2 tours of duty in Basra and Afghanistan) bless him, he's only 22. Her middle son is 21 now and her youngest 17! We've know one another for almost 20 years... she's lovely.

We had a great evening, the music was fantastic. The company great, and, when it was over and I'd loaded the stools back into the car I got a call from R. He's back from Spain and this is only the second time I've heard from him so I was a bit surprised. Well, he asked where I was so I told him.. about half an hour from home.. lol.. he asked if I could go over so I did. We sat and talked long into today and I finally got home at some ungodly hour this morning.

Too awake to sleep I started doing housework.. lol... house is looking better for it tonight! By 9am I had done all the washing, vacuumed, polished, cleaned the downstairs loo, sorted out the kitchen, unloaded dishwasher, had a shower, washed me hair, sorted out my clothes (still got suitcase on bed!! - good job I only take up half of it! lol see - silver lining to being single - can fit a big suitcase on the bed and STILL sleep dead comfortably in it! lol )

Plumber(s) arrived late - was beginning to wonder if they were coming at all, but, in fairness, within the hour they had fixed the leak! It was , well, I think it was a bit on the end of a pipe that ex had soldered and it had split.. will put pic on.. lol (sad eh? but I asked them to take pics whilst up in loft to prove to insurance company... oh.. talking of which.. couldn't check if covered with policy or not, and got a quote from insurers 'recommended plumbers' of £150 + vat to come out and fix it... so decided to stick with the guys I'd already arranged to come out... glad I did! £80 all in. No more water dripping through ceiling and they are sending me a receipt for the insurance company and I have photos showing the damage and the guilty bit of pipework that they replaced! So, I was pretty pleased at the end of it all I can tell you!! It's good to know the ceiling won't be falling in now!!! (had a bit of a 'chicken little' moment a few days ago!!)

Ceiling looks terrible - water marks and brown stains - so, photos taken in preparation for insurance discussion. I can fill the holes though, and I can paint AND I have the paint in the shed already, so, hopefully I can recover at least some of the £80 and fix it all without further expense other than my time.

So, after they had been and gone I shoved the towels that had been used to mop up the splashes in the washing machine and hung them out to dry in the lovely sunshine. I also managed to clear a whole load of the garden up and put the rubbish down the side by the shed,have decided to get a skip and have a massive clear out. Will do that in the summer sometime - it's by far the cheapest way to get rid of bulky rubbish. Got the garden chairs out, washed one down, and, whilst that was drying I took the dog to the lakes and we had a very refreshing (although blustery) hour long stomp in the fresh air and sunshine. I felt so much better for it, and the dog has been asleep ever since we got back! lol

Zoe's doing great and is getting ready to go to her boyfriends for the night. So, I'll be wearing the earplugs tonight!! lol Got some festival paperwork done and am all ready for this evening's 7pm meeting - well, apart from the fact that my hair looks like a lion's mane and I don't have time to straighten it - so... pub quiz peeps are in for a shock tonight as they have only ever seen it all primped and preened! lololol ho hum. I don't care. Will wear me rugby shirt and jeans that don't fall down!!

Also vac'd the car out and threw away the food Sarah didn't eat so's to remove temptations for me and Zoe. The fridge is packed with appleade and Perfectly clear.. lol...and we chuckled when we (me and Zoe) realised that the dishwasher will only ever have in it , bowls, spoons, pint glasses and ramekin dishes for the foreseeable! lol

Weigh in tomorrow evening - dashing home from job 2 to pick Zoe up and then off to Ailsa's for 6.30pm and then home and get ready and meet Punkass at the pub for a drink around 8pm. Won't be a late night though as we both have demanding workloads but I am really looking forward to seeing her again :)

Tonight - well... at 7 its the music festival meeting (so must get off here and go change!).. Zoe says my hair looks like a lion's mane and I need to 'do' something with it.. lololol... ah well. I just made her a toffee-walnut muffin and um, lets say, you could knock on a door with it and expect a reply! lol

After the meeting am off to the pub quiz (oh how I love Sunday nights at the pub) :D :D :D and I must remember to take the bar stools out of the boot of the car!!!! Hopefully won't be too late!! (although, bless him, he (PQM) does wait for me :D :D).

Am looking forward to my weekly 'eye to eye, contact' (ahhh strains of Brum enter my head!) with PQM again.. lol.. I know, I know.. he ain't int'rested but its ok. I've come to terms with that, but can play 'eye-flirtybits' with him... :rotflmao:

So, debating now whether to risk trying 40 mins of straightening or saying sod it and going for the natural look (hair wise) tonight! Hmm... 'sod it' wins! lolololol This is me. If I were on a campsite this is how I would look! So.. hard cheese (oh yummmy...cheese...) anyone who doesn't like it!

Right - off to change into jeans that fit and a top that doesn't :rotflmao: but is dead comfy and I feel confident in! lol Trying to remember what I wore last Sunday night, but can't! Who cares! If I like it, that's what matters most - right? Right!

So... headlong into the last night of the weekend and ready to face whatever this week has to throw at me... will be home and in bed by 11 tonight, and, without having to drive Zoe I can get up a tad later and still get to work for 8.30 without hassle! Wonderful!!! She has no college for 2 weeks so I should get lots more sleep! lol So... catch up tomorrow when back from pub and seeing Punkass!! xxxx

hi hun,
glad your all dry now, good thinking about the photo's, that thought wouldn't have entered my head - think scatterbrain & thats me !:eek: :rolleyes:
glad you had a good gig last night & now off to pub quiz for a bit of eye candy ( no cals in that type of cande hehe)
good luck to you n Zoe for your weigh in's tommorrow
xx:)

Have a great evening, I would think you actually burn calories all that "looking" :p

Glad you're all fixed up and repaired too - nice to hear you so much cheerier than the other day.

xx

Back