Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

have fun tonight, i want a report on the film hun cos we want to see it ( thats if you see much of it HEHE )
XX:)

well done on the loss Jennie thats fantastic :)

and I hope the date goes as well as the first (I want to see that film too it looks good) glad I've found someone to keep me entertained while I wait for your update on tonight lol

Congrats on the 5 stone....thats an amazing achievement and shows how determined you are!!

Your hard work is paying off!!!

couldn't agree more - 'tis such milestones that mean so much - another stone and you're halfway :eek: - now thats not to be sniffed at :D

Last edited:
Sorry it's so late but Zoe monopolised the pc tonight despite knowing I wanted to let you know that I lost 4.6lbs this week!!! :eek: :D :eek: :D

That takes me to a total loss of 5 stone 2.2lbs!!!!!!! (in 14 weeks! lol)

I am still grinning (albeit in a very tired way!).. so.. thanks for the encouragement!! :D I have no idea how much I shall lose this week - I'm having an AAM week so that it is out of the way before Portsmouth.. and so who knows! lol My losses are so irratic anyway.. what I DO know is that another 2.6lbs to go and I will be kissing goodbye to the 18's and heading down into the 17's!!!

So.. I'm off to bed now with a mega smile on my face and the dream of being 17 stone something by the end of the month. Not going to second guess any weekly losses (as that's not only pointless but illogical, lol).

I have been chatting to Mr K today and he's calling me again in the morning and tomorrow is our next date!! SO happy right now :D

Well done on your weight loss it is brill:)

You will be in the 17's very soon.

Love Mini xxx

brief update (well, kinda) ;)

FANTASTIC NEWS FFnF woohoo over 5stones :eek: you are melting away!!!!! Congratulations xx
hee hee.. I love it! lol Can't quite believe it meself! ;) xx

have fun tonight, i want a report on the film hun cos we want to see it ( thats if you see much of it HEHE )XX:)
I'll do a Jonathon Ross on it this afternoon when I get back from the gym! ;) xx

well done on the loss Jennie thats fantastic :) and I hope the date goes as well as the first (I want to see that film too it looks good) glad I've found someone to keep me entertained while I wait for your update on tonight lol
lol, thanks Nikki, hope your date went well too, will try and catch up later! xx

Congrats on the 5 stone....thats an amazing achievement and shows how determined you are!!

Your hard work is paying off!!!
It is, and I am! lol Thanks Kazz :D xx

couldn't agree more - 'tis such milestones that mean so much - another stone and you're halfway :eek: - now thats not to be sniffed at :D
I hadn't worked that out! bless ya for saving my little grey cells! (maths is NOT my strong point) ;) xxx as for not to be sniffed at.. lol.. ahhhh sniffing, what a key part of my diet that is! ;) LOL

Well done on your weight loss it is brill:)
You will be in the 17's very soon.Love Mini xxx
Thanks Mini.. I have no recollection in these tired old memory banks of when I was last in the 17's but would hazard a guess that it was in my late teens!! :eek: lol No wonder my family are so incredulous! lololol (and my girls are seeing me as they have NEVER seen me! - that's quite sobering actually, especially as Sarah will be 20 in the summer!) :eek: xx

My date with Mr K - very brief synopsis!

Right - VERY briefly (or I will have to start work at 5am tomorrow to make up the lost time!!!).. my date with Mr K was absolutely wonderful :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was so lovely - I'll wax lyrical about it later.. but one of the highlights (for me) was when we were standing together and he cupped my face in his hands, looked me in the eyes, and told me .. "you are such a gorgeous creature and I am very honoured to be with you"..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I could feel my heart melting and oozing out of every pore.... (either that or I'd left it too long to get to the loo!:eek: ;) ) lol

The film was great - will say more later.. but Mr K is just.. oooooooooh, lovely!!! :D :D :D :D

We're seeing each other again soon.. lots of calls and texts still.. if anything his interest in me is increasing (and mine in him too..:eek: )

Just wanted to let you guys know .. lol.. it was a wonderful evening, oh, and yes.. it was back row!!! ;)

It was so lovely - I'll wax lyrical about it later.. but one of the highlights (for me) was when we were standing together and he cupped my face in his hands, looked me in the eyes, and told me .. "you are such a gorgeous creature and I am very honoured to be with you"..:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How absolutely wonderful, great big awwwwwww moment coming on. What a lovely man, he sounds just right for you, such a lovely woman.

So glad you had a lovely date, looking forward to reading about it later.
xx

Right - VERY briefly (or I will have to start work at 5am tomorrow to make up the lost time!!!).. my date with Mr K was absolutely wonderful :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think I could feel my heart melting and oozing out of every pore.... (either that or I'd left it too long to get to the loo!:eek: ;) ) lol

The film was great - will say more later.. but Mr K is just.. oooooooooh, lovely!!! :D :D :D :D

We're seeing each other again soon.. lots of calls and texts still.. if anything his interest in me is increasing (and mine in him too..:eek: )

Just wanted to let you guys know .. lol.. it was a wonderful evening, oh, and yes.. it was back row!!! ;)

Yay! aww that sounds so lovely :)

Congrats on your fantastic weight loss, and the fact you have also been able to find someone in your life.

Life is certainly looking up for you.

Remember - You are the master of your fate and captain of your soul.

Take Care

Saksred.x

hi FFnF,

Pleased you are riding high ... certainly sounds as though you had a fantastic time. :) OK, this may go against the grain of the consensus, but I'm still asking you to be careful and guard your heart.

Once again, well done with your weight loss. I envy your resolve. :cool:

Love CC

glad you had a fab time hun,
it's going to do your confidence no end of good having such a lovely man who pays you wonderful comments like that, just what you need right now ;) :D
xx:)

Jennie... i'm still melting from the 'cupping your face in his hands'.... he sounds like a star!!!

so happy for ya girl!!!

5 stone... well girl ur just a legend :D :D :D

love

Gen xxx

..updating... sorry taken so flipping long! ;)

Ok... quick back track to Sunday,, then gonna try and whip through Monday, Tuesday & last night before getting to bed! (remember - I HAVE to be off here by 11 at the VERY latest!!) nagging permitted ;)

Sunday January 14th

So where was I ? Sorry this has taken so long to get to!! Oh yes... 10.30am Sunday morning… and about to set off to see Darren. Well... Richard got up and had some breakfast and then we set off to see Darren and the children.

I had never been to their house before (you need to remember these are friends of 16 odd years who we met with at motorbike rallies all over the country).. and he took his car and I followed in mine (this way when I had to come home he could simply take me as far as the M20 and peel off to his place). Well the plan was good and we got to Darren & Deb’s house in about 20 mins.. I didn’t recognize the children (they didn’t always bring them to the rallies – it’s ok for kids at them but parents have more fun on a weekend break, lol). Their son is quite the young man now, at 12, with a deep voice and the hint of bum fluff already appearing. Tall and willowy with loads of almost jet black hair and a certain sadness of expression. Pretty much your typical almost-13 year old really, lol. His little sister, well, what a character.. bright as a button and quick to let you know as much!, and oozing personality! She was a darling. We hit it off right away and chatted about school , and her friends,, and the cat.. etc etc etc. It was good to see Darren again and in a more relaxed environment too.

The house, as you might imagine, is in a real mess, but it is organized chaos and they are coping. To be honest, there was a part of me that just wanted to tell him to sit down and relax whilst I cleared up, but I didn’t. There is little in his life he has any control over right now, and the one thing he has total control over is how his household runs. So.. as tempted as I was to do the dishes and tidy up, I didn’t. I just sat down and chatted with him. The time flew by and we talked about all the rallies, about Debbie’s results.. about all the adaptations to the house that will have to be done.. and their son was about to hang the washing out and reminded Darren that he had promised to show him how to hang it all out.. so I did. We went outside and I showed him how to peg things up and had a brief chat. He’s a lovely lad, but what a lot he will be shouldering.. *sigh It’s not going to be easy for him. Inside again and I was feeling like having some soup so I went and got it from the car and sat down to drink.. bottle of water beside me.. lol.. Darren asked about the diet so I told him. He admitted that when I had walked in to the ward he had done a double take, lol.. and that he had sat there and thought ‘I know this IS Jennie… but…’ LMAO. Richard suddenly announced that he had to get home! (I thought it was because he was going to work in the evening) so we hurriedly said our goodbyes and shot off.

It was only when we had gone about 8 miles that I realised I had left my coat on the back of one of the kitchen chairs!!! My big thick winter coat!!!! I pulled off the road, rang Richard (I was following him to the M20) – I had tried beeping and flashing lights at him but he was oblivious.. lol anyway.. told him what had happened and he told me he was sorry but he had to get back as his dad would have his dinner on the table! LOLOLOL I was a bit stunned to be honest, and told him not to worry – I’d find my way back ok.. well.. SO much easier said than done, but I did it. I was glad really coz I got to talk to Darren quite candidly about a few things that I think would have been uncomfortable to discuss in front of Richard.. things like the practicalities of personal care for Debbie.. and the children’s well being.. and their diet.. and how important it is for Darren to look after himself too.. (he says he has about 5 stones to lose and his cholesterol is 5.3) plus he cooks everything in oil / butter… his daughters lunch consisted of dairylea dunkers, a packet of crisps and some biscuits. His son cooked himself some baked beans and had some bread with it. Not that I was nagging, it wasn’t like that , it really was just two friends talking about the practicalities of what is to come. I just wish I could make everything alright for all of them.. its horrible. He (Darren) was saying how tired he is, and how so many people have offered to help but at the moment he just needs to do what he is doing and let it all sink in. He told me how he felt when she was first admitted to the hospital.. we were both almost in tears.. but I didn’t want to cry in front of him. I hugged him, told him that people offer to do the things they can.. because they feel as powerless as he does.. and to not be too proud to let others do some of the practical things (like washing and ironing) so he can take care of himself and the kids.. but all in his own time. We chatted until Debs’ mum and dad arrived to go with him and the kids to the hospital. He said that they would lead me to the M20 and bless him, they did.

It was hard to go.. I so wish I lived closer.. but as I have probably said already, it’s for the best as I would want to do stuff for them.. lol.. know what I mean? Still.. I’m just going to email them now and see how things are going.. I didn’t like to ring too much as the phone is constantly ringing. I think they are both pretty overwhelmed at how many people care.. I’m not in the least bit surprised. Debbie is a beautiful person., and they are a lovely family.

So.. I started home (a few hours later than planned)..had to stop at Cambridge Services as I was starting to fall asleep.. so I did the good old bouillon trick with a cup of boiled water from KFC this time.. lol.. again, free of charge.. read the Sunday Telegraph.. and eventually got home around 6 ish. Mad dashing around the house to tidy up and gather my thoughts for the Music Festival Meeting I was having at 7.

When the guys arrived Simon’s immediate reaction was – ‘where’s Jennie?’ LOLOLOL and Bob’s was ‘blimey – it’s the disappearing woman!’ ..hee hee.. they both said I look good and I have to admit – coming from these guys that was really nice. The three of us work very hard on the festival.. Simon is the Chair and organizes all the funding/grant applications, Bob sorts out who we have as our headline acts, and I do the rest.. lol

We had a very good meeting and , having sorted the programme out and with a list of tasks for each of us, it was time to get to the pub!! The guys left and I set off (again).. the quiz was excellent! Our team has grown again this week – now we are, Lucy, Karen, Matt (Karen’s son), Kerry (Matt’s girlfriend) and Kelly’s mum. Well, what can I say – lol, we wiped the floor with them again!!! ROFL We won 3 out of 4 rounds.. AND the £10 lucky dip prize too! So there were mutterings of ‘fix’ hee hee hee.. and promises of no winning again! Lololol Quiz man is still behaving very oddly.. and Lucy and I stayed on after the quiz for a few minutes to catch up on one another’s news. I told her about Mr K and she didn't seem very impressed… I knew she wouldn’t be.. but it’s ok because I am ;)

quick responses before heading into major rushed updating! lol

How absolutely wonderful, great big awwwwwww moment coming on. What a lovely man, he sounds just right for you, such a lovely woman.

So glad you had a lovely date, looking forward to reading about it later.
xx
:D thanks MD.. hope I do it justice! :)

Yay! aww that sounds so lovely :)
*big cheesy grin - it was, it truly was.. :eek:

Congrats on your fantastic weight loss, and the fact you have also been able to find someone in your life. Life is certainly looking up for you. Remember - You are the master of your fate and captain of your soul.
Take Care Saksred.x
Thanks Saksred (welcome to my world.. lol).. Life is looking up and I am loving it. Love the sentiments too! :D

hi FFnF, Pleased you are riding high ... certainly sounds as though you had a fantastic time. :) OK, this may go against the grain of the consensus, but I'm still asking you to be careful and guard your heart. Once again, well done with your weight loss. I envy your resolve. :cool: Love CC
Hi hon, I did have a fantastic time, he is a lovely man. I do appreciate your words of warning but at the same time I am enjoying this feeling so much, not had anyone treat me like he does and boy is it fantastic! lol As for the weight loss - I think I am more surprised than anyone about it all .. lol.. but I am very very determined, but remember, this is the first time in my entire life I have felt so resolved! :D Don't envy it - replicate it honey ;) :D Loves ya xx

glad you had a fab time hun,
it's going to do your confidence no end of good having such a lovely man who pays you wonderful comments like that, just what you need right now ;) :D xx:)
Oh Cheryl, it was sooo lovely :D and yes, you are soo right.. I walk taller I'm sure! lol and yes, just what I need right now too :D x

Jennie... i'm still melting from the 'cupping your face in his hands'.... he sounds like a star!!!
so happy for ya girl!!! 5 stone... well girl ur just a legend :D :D :D love Gen xxx
I tell you, I know it sounds corny, but when he did that and said that.. OMG I swear I could hear flipping music!!! lol hee hee,, the 5 stone IS pretty mad isn't it! lol ;)

Thank you all.. you keep me going.. it's so lovely to know you care (and I do believe that you do, genuinely care).. and it ain't just lip service (you can tell the real thing from fake..) so I do so appreciate each of you :D Right.. onto Monday.. Tuesday and my heavenly date last night!! All in under an hour??? Arrgh!! Never!!! lololol

catching up.. Monday

Monday January 15th

Morning started well with my lovely Mr K ringing me... then I got up and plodded downstairs. Flipping fence blew down and I can't fix it on my own.!! I did a temp fix before the weekend but when I got home it was down again, and the dog keeps running away (unless you stand guard).. so I rang the guy who does my garden and he's coming Thursday to fix it. Spent all morning contacting Job Agencies and scouring Jobs ads.. not motivated at work at all. Not good really! Got home and hopped on here.. can't even remember what I said.. lol so.. oh yes, I know.. lol

I went from work to an interview with an agency and the girl there (she was so young!) told me she liked my CV and that maybe there was a job coming onto their books that I might be suitable for.. I was blown away! So.. fingers crossed that will come to something! She interviewed me, took loads of details and a copy of my CV and said she would be in touch.

I nipped in to the church - there is a 24/7 prayer room at the moment, and it's so peaceful. Candles and soft lights, music, fabrics.. paper, pens, bibles, books.. soft seating.. it's lovely.. really really lovely. So I signed up for a few hours.. first stint is on Weds afternoon! I love it when the prayer room runs.. it is so therapeutic. Anyway,... that done it was time to get to the post office and pick up yet another parcel that needed signing for!! It was my friend's ex-husbands dvds that Sarah had taken away to Uni thinking they were ours! Ahh kids! lol

That dealt with, home again and get ready to meet up with Punkass (kirstin). We arranged to meet at Creamers wine bar. Not a good choice!! It was shut!!! Kirstin rang me and I told her where to park and met her in the car park just down the road from pub quiz pub.. lol Was hoping to point out quiz man to her! ROFL

We had a couple of drinks in there (pints of water and soda water - or mebbe tonic!).. and sat chatting away! She is stunning! She looks amazing and is SUCH a smashing person! I'm really looking forward to seeing her again when life is more settled for her work-wise. :D

Then it was home.. and Mr K rang me.. :D *big smiles.. lol He is so attentive, I love it! :D We eventually said goodnight with the promise of a morning call again..:eek: :D

Tuesday..

Almost there now! lol

Tuesday 16th January

Another lovely good morning call from Mr K to help me wake up.. :D and then it was time to throw myself into the day! thought I had to give Zoe a lift but as it turns out, she stayed at her boyfriends last night and is getting a lift in. So that's ok and meant I could take my time getting into the office. Still not particularly motivated but had the most horrid mailing to do and grossly underestimated the time it would take me!! I still have a major amount of accounts work to do but my brain seems to have stalled on matters mathematical!

Got home in the early afternoon (having had a soup) had a muffin and then it was time to head to the gym! Did almost 2 hours in the gym and had to set off straight from there for my weigh in! I was SOOO chuffed when I got off the scales and Ailsa started to tease me that it was downright wrong to lose so much! lolololol I lost 4.6lbs! This makes it 5 stone 2 lbs in total in jut 14 weeks. I was over the moon. I'd forgotten to take my phone in with me and as soon as I got back in the car I realised Mr K had been trying to call me.. 3 times! Bless. I had said I would ring him and let him know first how I had done.. well, he rang as I closed the car door so I did tell him first lol :D He was SO pleased for me.

He is totally supportive of my diet and is hugely motivating too! We chatted as I drove home.. the car was bleeping at me that I only had 3 miles left of petrol!!!! (It starts telling you at 50 miles! ;))

I knew there was a petrol station very near and JUST made it before it hit the 1 mile mark!!! lol Skin of the teeth or what!! So.. after filling her up again (love my car!).. I headed home.. right into rush hour.. didn't matter.. Mr K called again and we nattered for the whole of my drive home.. lol

Got home to find the fence even more irritating than before.. so I did my level best to fix it with some orange building site temporary fencing.. whacked my finger with the hammer and must confess.. there were more than a couple of expletives!!

Job done and happy the dog wouldn't get out this time.. I sat down for a rest! I was sooo tired. Zoe was home by now (it's almost 7) and had decided it was her turn for the pc (I do tend to monopolise it ;) ) so I let her get on with it, I did beg her to let me just post my weight loss, but no.. she HAD to chat to her friends.. lol (Gosh, she's her mother's daughter for sure!!!). I spent the time snoozing on and off in front of the telly and wondering what tomorrow would bring (my date with Mr K!)..

Once she got off, I got on, msn with Mr K and the agreement of another morning call :D (a gal can get used to this!!)

Night, night, sweet dreams :)

I'm off too.
xx

Back