Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Hope you got a bit of sleep and are feelin better hun x

Feeling rough - but a bit brighter

Off work today

S rang last night, as soon as he had dropped the boys off, :) which was really nice, and what I had hoped for but not expected, I kept it very light-hearted and we talked about our weekends, it was ok, bit odd, but ok.

He didn't come to the gig but that was ok too as I already knew that would be the case, and to be honest, not an ideal first meeting after the last one! In my text to him with the gig info I did say that it wasn't a problem if he didn't make it and kept things light and smiley (God, HOW hard is THAT when you feel churned up inside!!)

The gig was fantastic, and I got a refund on his ticket (result) lol, as it was a sell out with a waiting list. It was Steve Knightley supported by a girl called Jenna. She was jaw-droppingly amazing. I sat mesmorized. She is only 19 and I believe is another of the same mould as Eva Cassidy, Karen Carpenter, Sarah Mclaughlin.. if not better. If you get chance to hear her, take it. She took my breath away. Steve was fantastic as ever - he is so talented and the place was heaving with his devotees. I loved the atmosphere and I know the organisers so had chance to natter with them for a few minutes and saw some familiar faces which was really nice. I explained 's' absence to Keiron and Maureen (the organisers) and they were lovely. I've known them for a couple of years and have seen them at lots of gigs and they are so nice.

During the interval I went to buy some cds but they wanted cash or cheques (I'd already shot down to the car for my cash card).. so I had to leg it into Hitchin town centre looking for a cashpoint.. lol I found one and then bought Jenna's cd 'Barefoot and Eager' (a song about her brother), and Steve's latest one 'Cruel River'. Listened to Steve's on the way home and resolved to burn copies for some friends (Steve always encourages people to do this so not piracy - his views!) so that's cool! :)

I had a VERY scary drive home, ended up alternating between cats eyes and rumble strip. So very very tired. It was the final 30 minutes that were the hardest. Thankfully roads empty and was very glad to be home.

Got home and Zoe was home from her hols... it was lovely - we had a mega hug in the hall and sat chatting for a while and saw her photos and have to say, I'm so glad she's home.

Not sure when I'll see S again, nothing was arranged nor mentioned (I can't & won't suggest it) but he said we'd talk today (Monday). After the gig I sent a brief text telling him it was ace and being chatty (as I used to be with him) and wishing him goodnight. He turns his phone off at night so I knew he wouldn't see it until this morning and that it wouldn't disturb him. Am being very very careful not to text on a whim, lol. Never been this way before. Odd innit? Perhaps this is a sobering lesson for both of us! Certainly a major learning curve for me! lol

Went to bed and put in ear plugs - woke this morning at 10.45!!!!! I was so shocked!! S had sent me a good morning text at 7.30 and I hadn't heard my phone go off! I texted him and told him the gig was great but was feeling terrible this morning. I do. I feel like I've run head first into a brick wall, someone's pumped cottonwool into my head and poured a bucket of sand in my eyes and dragged a grater down my throat! So... got my priorities straight.. lol...

1. texted S back
2. rang boss of job 1
3. rang boss of job 2
4. went back to sleep
5. got up, had muffin and sat with Zoe hearing about her hols
6. unloaded and reloaded washing machine (her holiday stuff)
7. sat in living room watching telly
8. arranged overdraft with bank for holiday spending money
9. hopped on here to update a bit

Next - am going back to bed and then getting up again around 3 and going to buy a new phone (S was going to get me one from his work but I think it best I stick to my original plan of sorting one out for myself) and I get weighed at 4.15 instead of 7.30 so I can get an early night. Bless her, Ailsa is squeezing me in between clients.

Not heard back from S, but am encouraged that he sent message first thing and know he is v. busy today in meetings (he told me as much), also encouraged that he puts questions in his texts which means I have to reply, lol. PLUS, he ended it with 'hope you are ok xxx' . So, perhaps the girls were right with their positive comments this weekend. Time will tell.

In the meantime I'm going to catch up on sleep, drink loads of water and hope for a weigh in that shows another 3.8lbs has gone so I can truthfully claim my 10stone loss. If not then I know it's very close now whatever! lol

I've lost my holiday countdown thingy and can't seem to get it back on my signature.. so... it's now...16 days 'til I go to mums and 17 til I hit the beach! Can't believe it's so close!!! Ordered my foreign money - hopefully collecting it tomorrow or Weds... will see how I feel in the morning as to whether I stay home again or not. Just feel really crappy. No energy at all, and had loads of dizzy spells over the weekend. So, and this is a shocker, even IF S suggested seeing me tonight I'll have to say no (who am I kidding :rotflmao: ) as I know I need the sleep and the rest! He won't though... not yet.

Perhaps there's going to be a long line of 'I told you so's' waiting for me later, lol., but that's ok. I can take it. lol

Right, am off to bed for another hour of kip. Will update when weighed in this afternoon.

Oh, have also taken the opportunity whilst home to ring up about some jobs and get some applications on the go. Have decided that when back off hols am going to get new job and hand in notice to both jobs for definite. Not going to stagnate any longer.

So there! :)

You go girl :) Oh and try and get some sleep!!!!!! :hug99: xxx

You go girl :) Oh and try and get some sleep!!!!!! :hug99: xxx

You took the words right out of my mouth Brightness, that's exactly (honestly) what I was going to say

xx

Hey hey hey honey!

If you haven't already had it..... GOOD LUCK with your weigh tonight sweet cheeks! :D

C C xx

went to weigh in (early) and have lost 5.5lbs this week (although had to take my boots off to get there! lol)

Making a total loss of..... 10 stone 1.7lbs :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

I SO needed this today, and came away grinning like the cat that got the cream (low-fat, naturally ;) ) lol

Texted some very special peeps with the news and my phone rang immediately - it was S! He chatted away for ages and then told me to text him later when it would be ok for him to call me for a chat this evening as he realises I am very tired !:giggle: In the course of the conversation my phone cut off and he rang back and asked if he'd been boring me? I cursed the phone and he said he was sorry, and would get me a new one tomorrow from his office oop north, lol, I told him not to worry and that I'd been and bought a new one this afternoon on the way to my weigh in.

He sounded quite shocked as he had said last week he was going to get one for me, but the thing is, this way, I'm not reliant on him and it shows him that I don't assume anything and I certainly didn't know when I was likely to see him again, lol, although I can't say that to him of course! lol

So, with even bigger smile on very tired face I drove home, then Cheryl rang and we nattered on loudspeaker all the way along the A45, lol. Got in to find Zoe and her best mate chilling out in living room and just now her boyfriend has arrived, so, I'm updating on here, then going to have a bath, go to bed and will text S in about an hour as he will have had enough of his work by then and it will be both early AND late enough for me to chat.

Still being very very careful with him though, no mention of seeing one another but clearly he is at least thinking about it as he mentioned the phone and unless he was going to post it, lol,... so.. a very early night is in order and if still feeling so tired tomorrow another day off work. I hate to do it but I really feel totally shot at the moment. I also picked up a jobs paper and am updating my cv to include second job, and have chatted to a couple of agencies too.

Need more sleep though so will do as I'm told by Drs Sarah, MD and Brightness :giveup:

Better start to the week than anticipated.. thank you all xxxxxx:grouphugg:

Last edited:
Wow! Jennie

Still shocking us all with your wonderful, though well deserved losses. 10 stone down is a fab landmark and around the corner halving your bodyweight and getting into single figures. This is a very exciting time for you.

Relish every moment!

Dizzy xx

got the pics from Cheryl.... here they are!!!

they were taken in the 'posh totty' club

Attachments

• FatFairNForty(ish), Karen1972 & Westiegirl.jpg
    FatFairNForty(ish), Karen1972 & Westiegirl.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 189
  • Cheryl looking amazing!.jpg
    Cheryl looking amazing!.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Karen1972 and Westigirl.jpg
    Karen1972 and Westigirl.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 172
Ooohhh check you lot out!!!!!!!!

Very nice , very nice indeed :D

you all look FAB!!!!!!!! and well done on hitting the 10stone mark, I take my hat off to you x

You look stunning :) . Well done on the fab weight loss.

You sound like me - relationship wise, jump in with both feet, totally enthusiastic and for some, I am sure overwhelming.

The right man will appreciate your openness and loving and honest approach to life.

Not to mention your fab new body!!!:D

Jennie you complete and utter star - that is AMAZING do you hear me, totally amazing, I'm in awe.

Well done & mega congratulations.

Your photos are lovely, you all look so gorgeous.

Well done again & now go & get that early night

xxxx

WOW GORGEOUS - FANTASTIC WEIGHT LOSS!

Glad you are so much happier, not going to be the first say told you so but..........

OMG though, those pictures! Still hate having my photo done, but I suppose I've seen worse ones of me!

Now get yourself relaxing and enjoy a quiet evening!

Well done Jenny you are a star:queen:

You have done so well and you have consistently lost all the time. You should be very proud of yourself.

Looking at you now we could never imagine you being the weight you were.

Love and hugs

Great news hun and another good loss too.... you really are a superstar - like I said in my text you've lost 'a Karen'....LOL!!

Pics are fab and what is really lovely is to see that you are all wearing lovely colours not black.....:D

I'm especially loving your red top - that may have to wing it's way to Cov when it's too big for you....;)

Chat when your back from hols as Im going first thing Wed morning and then I think I'm back the day you go.....:cool:

Have a fab time, lots of sun, fun, rest and meet a nice local boy.......:eek: ;)

Love

Back