Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

aww, thanks... it's weird to be back on here but will try to update regularly... as for what to do with the chocs etc... bin them or give them away, don't bother with the freezer - too easy to just defrost!

Well... I tried to convince my fella - will call him Shrek (as that seems to be the nickname he gets from so many!)... anyhoo... tried to convince him that joining a gym might be the best thing for us to do to get me losing this nasty weight... he wasn't convinced. But then - he is addicted to telly (it's never off!) so am going to try and persuade him by telling him they have telly there!

He's not a very happy bunny at the moment as he applied for a job and didn't get it... hasn't done his self-confidence a lot of good...

Lovely to see so many familiar faces still here...

Just so you know though - I won't be talking about any of this on facebook... facebook is a whole separate thing so please don't "muddy the lines"...

Got a stonking headache today... haven't slept properly all Christmas... not since Shrek came to stay... he's moving in soon too! *Gulp* BIG step, especially for me....

Really missing our lovely Sarah (Westie)... all the music and the "Miranda" series keeps her very much alive to me... overwhelmed with sorrow at times too... but keep trying to be as positive as she always was... bless her... she had no idea how loved she was... I just hope she knows now...

Right - am supposed to be working so best crack on with things... I gave loads of my Christmas "goodies" (should be called "baddies") to my daughter to take home with her... and not much left which I am confident Shrek will polish off today! Hurrah! Back to normal food again... chicken and veg here I come!! MUST get some fruit on way home too - that has definitely been VERY lacking lately.... xxx Hope you all have a great day! Stay sweet xxx

Hey girlfriend!!!

So wonderful to see you back here, I hope you stay!!!

Woweeeee to shrek moving in, how blooming exciting!!!!!! What diet are you gonna do? It's back to cd for me *yawn*

Xxx

Aaaw your poor man.. there are THAT many people applying for jobs atm, he shouldnt take it as a personal critism that he didn't get it.. But its hard not to when you have your mind set on something..!

I know what you mean about fb.. they are two seperate things and i hate it when people bring up stuff on my fb that i've said here etc.. *shakes fist*.. lol

Missing Sarah loads too.. =(.. it still doesn't feel real tbh.. We had such amazing times.. im so glad i have my memories..

Love you doll.. you're amazing.. you'll do this no probs
xxx

well, I polished off the chocs etc,, and have been trying to be more aware of what I'm eating but not a huge amount of success... the house is all topsy-turvy as we try and cram in the contents of Shrek's flat... had a bit of a heated discussion about ornaments (I hate the damn things and he has a glass display case with loads in) so I agreed to have the cabinet in the living room but I choose which ornaments go in it.. he has these horrid dragons which I wouldn't give any house room to at all, lol, and loads of Betty Boop characters,.. which I suppose are ok.. but not my cup of tea really.. so forbidden the dragons in the living room or bedroom but ok in his room (we have set aside a room for him to "escape" to as I have the study for me..) I have also compromised and put some of his pictures up too... I prefer uncluttered walls, but chose some of his and, before he came up this weekend, I put some up as a surprise... he was chuffed to bits :eek:)

Not been well since Friday - horrendous migraine - apparantly due to my age and hormones! Nice to know I guess but going to see Doc as want proper medical opinion to confirm pharmacist conclusions... I suspect they will... lol
Not quite ready for a beard and chest hair so hope it's not the beginning of the menopause! Blah!

Was so ill Fri was bedbound and then, against my better judgement, we went out but I couldn't wait to get home... which, when I did, I went straight to bed until this morning.... really really terrible...but, thankfully, loads better now!

Only calorie counting and exercise will shift my lard... and I have a holiday coming up which I am dreading as no clothes, no money and a surplus of fat! lol

Ho hum... having an op Thursday for carpal tunnel, on my right hand, totally NOT looking forward to it! Hopefully Shrek will be a help although 2 days later the removal firm are arriving with the rest of his stuff! PLUS... another 2 days later, I have a lodger moving in too! (Hopefully)... right.. early night tonight... perhaps tomorrow will be the day when I count calories properly! (hmmm.... and hell may freeze over... hehehehe)

Sorry you've been poorly honey, hopefully you are on the mend now.

Your house will be bursting at the seams what with S and a lodger, where are you going to put them all??

Hope op goes OK x x

Sorry you've been poorly honey, hopefully you are on the mend now.

Your house will be bursting at the seams what with S and a lodger, where are you going to put them all??

Hope op goes OK x x
loads better now hon x x x been at work and done loads!

No idea where I shall put everyone and everything but - with a lodger (hopefully for 18 months) finances will get better and when she moves out (if, of course she moves in)... and with my lovely Shrekkie helping out too things might even end up in a positive financial situation rather than the very very negative one I currently am in!!

I am going to throw out more of my old tat and make more space for Shrek's stuff as he got a bit huffy last night about his ornaments.. lol.. I am NOT, however, backing down on those nasty dragons! Blergh! Never seen the attraction - still - he can have them all in "his" room. hehehehe

Think I may go out on the day the removal men arrive as my hand will still be bandaged up and totally unusable!:confused:

Dreading Thursday but hey ho - once it's done it will be the road to recovery so a good thing!

Loves ya! xxxx

Wow, you're busy! Hope that everything works out, and that your hand heals quickly!
Don't back down to the dragons! There are limits, lol.
Best wishes.

Wow, you're busy! Hope that everything works out, and that your hand heals quickly!
Don't back down to the dragons! There are limits, lol.
Best wishes.
lol definitely NOT backing down on the dragons!

I already put up pictures I'm not keen on.. and bought bedding in a different colour (only a base sheet mind you - if he wants anything else other than lilac duvet covers he'll have to buy them! lol)

It's weirdly exciting and scary all at once!

Went to see nurse this afternoon... blood pressure up to 139/93 and weight staggeringly high.. so... am going to set up a "ticker" and crack into it properly.

Asda are delivering their entire shop contents of weighwatcher meals tomorrow, lol, and I reckon if I eat 2 of them a day plus a bowl of oatso simple with just fruit as snacks then I should see some weight coming off pretty soon!

Will be weighing in weekly with the nurse so will have to mean it this time and seriously knuckle down!

Might try doing left-handed painting after the op and flog it to the Tate... hahahaha

I agree, those dragons, if they are the ones I am thinking of, are horrendous!!

As you say, once Thursday has come and gone, then its done x x x

I have my Oncologist on Thursday, so will think of you honey.

Good news about being monitored by the nurse, just what you need darling x

Lubs ya too x x x

lol The dragons have skulls and that kind of stuff... and stones and swords etc... really not my thing at all...

Anyhoo - will be thinking of YOU on Thursday seeing your Oncky chappy!!

I am soooo impressed at your giving up the ciggies!! MUST MUST MUST get together this year again my lovely - you will have to come up and stay! Or... we maybe can arrange something halfway and have a proper girly catch up just the 2 of us! :D

Got more sorted out in the house last night - washing all done, food online all ordered, kitchen sparkling, will do bathroom and cloakroom this afternoon then I am blitzing my wardrobes and will be very brutal! All my size 10's are going to charity... but, I am keeping my 12s & 14s and will hang up the rest so I have something to aim for and something that fits! I point blank refuse to buy any more clothes - although may have to for holiday!

How depressing - I look at my previous "after" pics and don't recognise myself... then again.. I never did... it's weird.. I remember feeling on top of the world but not really slim.. and now.. I feel fat as ever.. how come it's easier to feel fat and accept that you are, than to accept you are slim... ah well.. no point looking back.. except as a goal for future... but... not going to try and be a 10 again... 12-14 will do me just fine... for now though, I'd settle for a comfy 18!! Got a mega shock on the scales yesterday at nurse's!!!

Just what I needed though perhaps - a good kick up the 'arris and a wake up call!

Now - if only typing and watching telly burned up calories... well.. more than it does... like... a bazillion times more!! hehehehe

Ok - I'm verging on hysterical now... so ... back to work...

Happy Tuesday!! xxxxx

lol The dragons have skulls and that kind of stuff... and stones and swords etc... really not my thing at all...

Thats the ones - gross!

Anyhoo - will be thinking of YOU on Thursday seeing your Oncky chappy!!

Thanks honey, its just a routine check-up I hope x

I am soooo impressed at your giving up the ciggies!! MUST MUST MUST get together this year again my lovely - you will have to come up and stay! Or... we maybe can arrange something halfway and have a proper girly catch up just the 2 of us! :D

I must admit I am really pleased with myself for doing it, and yes, we must, must, must catch up again this year, don't think you will have room at yours, but I don't mind a hotel/travel lodge/b&b or whatever. Is there a train station near you, which would save me driving x

Got more sorted out in the house last night - washing all done, food online all ordered, kitchen sparkling, will do bathroom and cloakroom this afternoon then I am blitzing my wardrobes and will be very brutal! All my size 10's are going to charity... but, I am keeping my 12s & 14s and will hang up the rest so I have something to aim for and something that fits! I point blank refuse to buy any more clothes - although may have to for holiday!

How depressing - I look at my previous "after" pics and don't recognise myself... then again.. I never did... it's weird.. I remember feeling on top of the world but not really slim.. and now.. I feel fat as ever.. how come it's easier to feel fat and accept that you are, than to accept you are slim... ah well.. no point looking back.. except as a goal for future... but... not going to try and be a 10 again... 12-14 will do me just fine... for now though, I'd settle for a comfy 18!! Got a mega shock on the scales yesterday at nurse's!!!

I know exactly what you mean, I am back SSing because I was 40lbs over where I want to be and I don't know how I didn't notice before lol x

Just what I needed though perhaps - a good kick up the 'arris and a wake up call!

At least you are being monitored now honey, and that is a good incentive x x

Now - if only typing and watching telly burned up calories... well.. more than it does... like... a bazillion times more!! hehehehe

Oh yessssssssssss

Ok - I'm verging on hysterical now... so ... back to work...

Happy Tuesday!! xxxxx

Lubs ya x x

Well... am not impressed with typing left-handed, having an aerobic workout every time I go to the loo or get dressed / undressed and as for using a spoon or try and put on a bra!!!!

Op went well on Thursday ... lots of silliness in theatre - as I lay down and put my arm out on the rest they chuckled as I commented that they could, presumably, make a start now I had assumed the crucifixion position! I did point out that I would prefer no stigmata if poss!!

Having an op under local is weird... declined offer to watch, but I could hear what they were doing and it wasn't nice so I did what I do at the dentists... started to sing! I'm sure they thought I was totally mad!

They asked about allergies... and when they established I'm allergic to sticking plasters the nurse's remark was... "ooh, so you're non-stick"? lol I confirmed and told her I was "totally teflon"...

The banter almost distracted me and I did suggest the OPD might consider hairdressing as an alternative career - she had the "are you going on holiday..." chatter down to fine art.

It's smarting a tad but makes me realise just how much I appreciate actually having a full complement of limbs usually...

Lots more to offload but left-handed typing is very slow and gives me neck ache...

Pleased the op went well and I know, from when Mum had hers done, that it makes most things difficult to do.

I had a little laugh about the dragons, swords etc. I hate those dragons. But think how much worse it would have been if he had been a HarleyDavidson nut and a Trekkie to boot like my DH. And he has two sets of Samurai swords! I am gradually getting it all hidden. If anything happened to him I would have to spend months on Ebay getting rid of it all.

Have a lovely weekend and left the others wait on you.

Pam xxx

Ooh I remember when I broke my arm and collar bone on holiday, Ash had to lurk outside the ladies when I went to the loo so that he could help me lol!

I had a lump in my neck removed by local, very very weird to say the least. Hope you recover quickly darling x

Last edited:
local anaesthetic - aaarrrgghhh. I just couldn't do that - really couldn't - I'm such a wuss.

I only had something done under local twice (lead free conversion and toe nail removal) and they were so 'odd' that it made me feel sick. Nothing to do with the type of operation - just the 'sensation'

yuk - braver than me (in spades!)
x

Well, where to begin to catch up! Hand still a pain but getting stitches out today so hopefully that will mean I can wash my hair and perhaps drive again too?
Lots happened in the last few days, emotions having a riotous time. Head and heart in direct conflict and patience stretched beyond the pale!

I seem to have deeply upset and/or angered someone I love very dearly. Spent many times in tears wishing things could have been so very very different and wondering why they turned out as they have.

Don't get me wrong, I do love Shrek, but, it's so very different. At times I wish I hadn't stepped out of the picture when I did, as it utterly broke my heart to do so, but it was the right thing for him back then.

Sorry, will continue later as iPod doesn't work well in saltwater . . .

Back