Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Heh heh heh thank you all so much, I am delighted! Plus, I had a wonderful ride on Hattie to my friend Annee's house, a wonderful couple of hours then ride home. Brilliant! Got in and no sooner had I got my helmet off than my phone rang and it was my elder daughter.. HWSNBN loitered but soon gave up, I ended the call and quickly got changed, jumped in the car and went to the bike club.

I was nervous as not been for months but it was ace! My favourite branch buddies were there and I met lots of new folks too. It was really really good, PLUS, some of them noticed I'd list some weight which spurs me on even more .

Got in and made a hot veg drink and have come to bed, HWSNBN is downstairs watching telly but he did wish me goodnight .

Hospital tomorrow should be fine, might take my book and camera in case I want to spend some time taking the scenic route home, lol

The more time I have to myself (i.e. Without HWSNBN ) the better.

It didn't go unnoticed that I was alone at the club. If asked I told the truth, if not I said nowt.

Right, bed time now... Still need to sort out what to take to mums and see younger daughter tomorrow too, so busy times til I get there Friday ! Lol

Still thrilled to bits about the 6lbs loss - woo-hoo!! Lol

G'night xx

....and I'm thrilled to bits for you too :D

So, that's Thursday almost done with - went to the hospital to see my surgeon and he is delighted with my weight loss and when I go back again in January we will be planning on when I should have the surgery.. it ought to be sometime early spring hopefully (bad timing if so as biking season!!!!)... and then, funds permitting, I shall get me thighs and bum done, and, if I win the pools, me boobs too! lol I intend to have an acceptable, elephant-skin free body by early 2013 and come hell or high water (and probably both!) I shall damn well do it too! Got heaps of stuff to sell on fleabay just need to do pics and descriptions and then sit and upload them all - that's a job for a cold wet night or afternoon though! I AM, after all, solar-powered, so ANY sunshine MUST be utilised fully! lol

On the way back from the hospital I went to Foxton Locks and sat on my picnic rug doing paperwork and reading and took piccies with my mobby... it was just lovely! If I can, I'll upload some of the photos later. Got chatting to a smashing couple from Christchurch in Dorset - learned their life history! Amazing the things that strangers feel free to tell me... lol she has Lupus, her hubby will be 80 next Aug, on June 2nd next year its their 50th wedding anniversary... she was born in 1938, raised in London by a mother who never wanted her but wanted a boy, had a boy who then died of whooping cough, then had another boy years later... her mother is still alive and still begrudging... lol They have one daughter (only child) who has a 14" steel rod in her spine as she had scoliosis, she lives in Nottingham with her partner of over 20 years, John and works for Coca-cola... lol they love to go camping (daughter and John) and Sylvia (the lady I met) was persuaded when daughter was little to get a dog and they ended up with 2 westies... lol oh it was wonderful! They were SUCH a smashing couple... shame I had to go really as I felt sure, having been asked to explain Facebook to them, that I would end up exchanging contact details - they were so nice.

Anyhooo.... HWSNBN texted to ask if he could take the mutt to the lakes so of course I said yes! I got home and had my soup, loaded washing machine and dishwasher (noticed empty food packaging in bin so know he is eating albeit not when I am here)... and just came on here to update.

Its been a good day so far, and I still have to sort out what to take to mums tomorrow and also go and collect my summer clothes from younger daughter this eve at 7pm so will be great to see her!

Mum has got herself a new microwave too so mega-result!! No trekking to Comet after my drive down there tomorrow! Hurrah!!!

It feels like a Sunday .... off to sit in the garden and do some shredding... well, it won't be any more noisy than the screaming brats who are usually out their giving it a lungful (and I need the sun!).. lol

Am feeling soooooo great today! (Even with HWSBN still having a face like a slapped ar$e!) lol xx

Heya! Aw it's fab to see you so upbeat! Glad to see you doing well!
Crikey, you really did get their life story! It's always lovely when stuff like that happens, it almost feels like you're living in a book, it's like 'people really do this in real life??'
Hope you continue to enjoy the sun :)

Just catching up with the apprentice on iplayer and am thrilled that Natasha got fired, yeah! Lol but wish that Jim had gone too...

All packed and just need to get up early and wash my hair, load up the car, go to work... Then dash home and get the dog and wahoooo, a break at my mothers place until Monday !

HWSNBN is still moping around with a face like a wet weekend I just hope my mother is in better spirits!!

Night night xx

It's Friday ! Hurrah! Woke before the alarm went off - what's that all about? Lol
Been 100% on diet and can't wait for my Sunday dinner! Lol

Bit nervous as to my mothers reaction when she sees me , really hope she doesn't nag me about "don't lose too much" and "you won't put it back on again will you?" ... I could write a list of the things I think she'll say.

Still not communicating with my sister - not sure I told you what that was all about or not... Will try and tell you what happened with her a couple of weeks ago,...
Mum has Internet so I'll be updating when I go to bed tonight.

Happy Friday one and all ! Xx

Have a lovely weekend - enjoy that carvery;)

So it's late o'clock and I've just logged onto mum's laptop so I can update... what an odd day. Up very early, showered, hair washed, car loaded up and off to work - worked really hard and was pleased with what was achieved but still not all I wanted to get done... just ran out of time! Dashed home and got the dog and set off. 2 hours later and we arrived safe and sound.

Mum never mentioned my weightloss of over an hour! I was so cheesed off as I thought she might comment as soon as she clapped eyes on me,. but she's too busy playing the elderly incapacitated parent routine... I cannot get her to understand that being in pain does NOT mean you are ill! It means, you are in pain! A dodgy hip is NOT an illness... it's your body telling you that 76yrs of walking, driving, dancing, etc etc is enough for any one joint and so it's complaining now! I very gently pointed out that I've been living with pain for almost 30 years now when I walk... lol... but I'm not ill! (Sick mebbe, but ill, nope!)

She seems quite good at the feeble likkle ole lady bit so I fussed around her and offered to do everything for her... she (and I cannot imagine WHO she reminds me of!) declined all my offers with a "It's ok thanks, I can manage and if you weren't here I'd have to do it myself anyway" ...

The apple doesn't fall far from the bloomin' tree eh? lol

Bless her though, she looks great and if it weren't for her naffed hip she'd be happy as anything... but methinks this hip problem may yield much milk! lol

Ok, I could be being unkind..but hey, I KNOW my mother! lol

We spent the afternoon getting some stuff from a DIY store and then Tesco. I stuck to my diet and we are both looking forward to our Sunday dinner! lol Sad innit!

Am so glad I came down though - mind you, sister's fella has "decorated" mum's kitchen and OMGoodness!! Yellow?? It couldn't BE more yellow!! It's horrendous! Same as her stairway... deep peachy-orange (sister "helped" her choose it) blargh!! I think mum shoulda gone to specsavers and be checked for colour-blindness! It's dreadful!! She used to have such good taste too... these colours are awful! I made all the right noises though... so no upset or offence caused!

Am still not communicating with my sister since the weekend I was away camping.. and have no inclination to do so either!

Right - MUST get sleep as I have a feeling that mum will be up at ridiculously early o'clock! No idea what tomorrow will bring! Hopefully some good times and lovely conversations... we've already made a start :eek:)

Night night all xxx sweet dreams xx

Had to laugh at this, mothers eh? Still - enjoy your weekend.

You STILL havent told us about your sister!!!!

Have a lovely Sunday lunch x x

I agree - I'm still chickling myself!

Whats wrong with yellow anyway? I think its a lovely vibrant, wide awake colour and peachy is all warm and comforting haha

Have a lovely weekend

xxx

Sorry I had to laugh at your Mum and her pain etc. At least you only get it for a weekend every now and then, for me it's daily. ;) Still will I be like that in 9 years time? :eek: I hope not!.

Mindey, there yellows and YELLOWS and there are peaches and PEACHES. So I know exactly what you mean, Jennie.

Enjoy your carvery.

Pam xxx

Mindey, there yellows and YELLOWS and there are peaches and PEACHES. So I know exactly what you mean, Jennie.

Enjoy your carvery.

Pam xxx

Well Pam - seems the colour fetish has spread!

Just popped over to S's to get the Insurance Documents (see my thread for why) and they're painting!

Over 12 years of Magnolia - there is now marine blue in upstairs bathroom and the hall is being done a pale lilac!

Wooden Bannisters are sanded and now painted.

And 2 new Toilet seats in place and best of all my youngest son is as happy as pig in muck doing the stuff.

He says (choke choke - tear in eye), it feels great to be able to pay back for all the trouble he's caused in some way!

My DD knows how to prepare a place before she moves in LOL

xxx

..... maybe we'll get the sister story if we're patient long enough ;)

well now... hopefully I can get this all in before it runs out of time! (have lost tons of updates that way!)... sister story...

a couple of weeks ago I had a chat with my mum a few days before going to the sunshiny rally in the peak district... she was fed up as she has arthritis in her spine and a dodgy hip - so far so good, IYKWIM, she told me she was on new meds and had high hopes... and we arranged for me to go and stay with her this weekend (hence my being here now)... so... the previous week I had suggested staying and she had fobbed me off as she was going to be out all Saturday and watching Wimbledon the rest of the weekend and SHE said it would probably be better if I rested my foot, so I didn't go and she was fine about it and we arranged THIS visit... with me so far? PLUS, when I talked to her she was ok! In pain but OK! PLUS I had told her I was going away and that I would be calling her on the Monday evening as I didn't know when I would get back from the rally... so... you got it? Here's a precis;
spoke to mum
mum said in pain
agreed that new tablets should help
arranged to stay
arranged when calling next on phone
advised I was going away
both mum and I happy bunnies!

Right... me at rally having a fantastic time and saying as much on Facebook... my sister decides to send me a text...

basically saying I was a crap daughter and the very least I could do knowing that mum was really poorly was ring and check she was ok... in fact here's the actual text "Jen, I have to write this. I am really not happy mum is quite poorly and upset. I know she told you the other week she wasn't well. The least you could do is check on her. When you are not well and it goes on facebook and all your friends are there. Mum only has you and me now its not much to ask is it really. She said she was fine with you not coming down the other week but I know otherwise. I know you have your life to live so do I but mum has to be thought of as well. She is in a lot of pain and very down. Please at least call her tomorrow I don't care how tired you are do it!"

Now... given that my mum was NOT poorly when I spoke to her and my crystal ball clearly wasn't working, and given that she HAD said it was ok for me not to go stay in the end that weekend because of what she was going to be doing , and, given that we had already arranged my next call AND my next visit... and given that I live 80 miles away and my sister lives 20 miles away... AND that my sister had plans not so very many years ago to sod off and live in Tobago with a chap I didn't really take too kindly to this "directive"...

My initial response was very brief., but I didn't send it... instead I sent her a text pointing out that mum was NOT poorly when I spoke to her and that I had already arranged a visit, that I was away for the weekend (which she and mum clearly knew) and that phones work both ways and without being psychic how was I to possibly know mum was ill?? ALSO, if mum tells me one thing and her another wtf am I supposed to do about that?? I pointed out too that had her life panned out how she had intended she would be living thousands of miles away on a caribbean island and what thought did she give to mum then????

I was ever so slightly ticked off I can tell you! I asked her who the hell she thought she was telling me how to live my life and when I should or shouldn't call mum etc... I was very peeved indeed! I ended by telling her to NEVER send me another "dictatorial" message again! lol

By the way - this is the norm for my sister - whenever I am enjoying life whether it be at a rally, away with friends, trying to have possibly the most romantic night of my entire life etc... she has a real knack of effing it up!! (there are others who can attest to this!) She cannot abide me being happy...

When my first hubby died and I got some money from a life cover plan and it paid a bit of my mortgage off she told me "you fall in $hit and still come up smelling of roses"... ffs... he DIED!!!

So.... anyway... sorry... I digress... back to the texts at the rally... so there I am , sat in the sunshine with a face like thunder and shared my exchanges with the assembled parties... I won't say their reactions... lol

By the way, my mother has a HUGE social circle of fantastic friends through her involvement in the church, the WI and the Royal British Legion, plus, superb neighbours ! She is NOT without support locally should she need it and she goes to great lengths to tell me this!

So - back to my bossy big sister... her response to my text is to tell me that the truth hurts! LMFAO and to "enjoy your weekend"!

My response this time was brief and I told her yeah, it does doesn't it eh???

Now - before I sent the responses I rang my mother as if I had no idea she was quite poorly... and she told me that she had started to be sick THAT morning - hardly life-threatening!! BUT, not pleasant and clearly distressing... I offered to go down to her and look after her for the week as I have holiday due and would be happy to do so if she needed me to... (my sister doesn't work - she hasn't worked for years... not properly... she does the occassional contract for the arts bods for a few weeks each year and thats all)... she said no, she'd be fine.. (but in that oh-so-familiar "I am a poorly old woman and being sick means I could be dying" voice..)... Lordy I am heartless, but I was so cross with my sis and all it was was that my mum had a reaction to the painkillers she was taking... so I made her promise she would drink lots of water and if she still was being sick later on she had to call the dr and to let me know what was happening...

She just said, oh your sister's coming tomorrow she'll make sure I see the Dr... grrrrrr... little miss golden girl eh?! (Coz she lives pretty close by and doesn't have a job so can go anytime she likes and all her sodding bills are paid by muppets like me who work for a living and struggle to keep a roof over their heads...)... oh dear... I feel my BP rising just as I type! Bet you're sooo glad you reminded me! lol

Back to mum - we had a long chat and planned our weekend together (this one) and I said I would call her the next day to see how she was doing.. which I did... and the next, and the next etc etc...

Didn't hear from sis which was just as well as she would've just "taken all the credit" for my checking mum was ok... my mother hasn't been "ill" in years! She is just getting old!! Arthritis is NOT a sickness or illness it is a condition! She reacted to a drug, was sick, it knocked her back for a few days but that's it... so what on earth was all the flipping drama for!?!??

Right... so... I gets home and am on the phone to mother almost daily now, and I get my daughters to ring her too as they now know she has been sick and is feeling sorry for herself (understandably but still massively dramatic!).

All's fine and dandy... she asks if (as I have told her I have holiday due) I would like to extend my visit by a day... this is a good idea except that I had made arrangements for the Sunday already and my hols are like golddust... but... I change my plans and she is thrilled that I'm going for the long weekend... I tell her I shall arrive as soon as I can on Friday... she is still not happy but that's because her hip is playing her up now and she is in a lot of pain... I empathise and sympathise and make all the right noises to her...

I arrive around 2.15pm yesterday (having dashed home from a midday finish at work, picked the dog up and off!)... didn't hang about on the motorways and was lucky with the traffic... not bad time for such a long drive.. dog happy to get here as he was parched and needed a wee! lol So far, so good!

Mum decides she wants to go and get a trolley thing from Homebase because she saw one advertised on special offer in a leaflet so, off we go.. and on the way back drop into Tesco too.. everything done its back to her place and a quiet but chatty evening in front of the telly.

She says how thrilled she is about my weightloss (after over an hour! lol) and asks me how things are with HWSNBN and work and diet etc... so I tell her! We talk about all sorts of things... stuff my sis doesn't know anything about and I had no intention of sharing with her either!

All fine and we say goodnight.. and, I hopped on here...

Today was a washout... it absolutely heaved it down with rain... we took the dogs out for a short walk and just made it home before the heavens really opened and we sat in the living room for the rest of the day and evening. We had chicken salad for lunch (yes I ate some) and it was lush! I showed her all our holiday photos and some other ones of the house etc etc... making sure to NOT show her any of me on Hattie or Poppet as she knows about NEITHER!! lol

We chat and then I say I need to sort out some emails (bike club stuff) and I pop upstairs and fire up her lappy... now... Sister text mark II is looming!!!

Back