Blokes

Hi MooCow, Best of luck with the diet. Ive been going for 16 weeks now (4 months) and have lost close to 5 stone) and have managed to stick to the diet every single day without cheating. I see that you have already been given the link to my Diary. I hope you found something in there useful.
At the start of the diet you may be having thoughts of "can I really do this?" "Can I live on shakes?" These are just a couple of questions I had at the start of my journey. But I look back now sooo happy that I decided to take the plunge. It sounds melodramatic when I say "This diet has literally saved my life!" But it is the truth. I have been able to get back into something that I am very passionate about (sport-wise) whereas before I couldnt due to my weight. This diet has completely changed my life for the better. I hope you enjoy doing this diet as much as I have and please keep us updated on your journey. Good Luck. Even though I dont look at myself as a master of this diet, if you have any questions you would like to ask me, please feel free.

Hiya Paul

Thanks very much for joining in on this - your weightloss is fantastic and you must be so pleased! Well done!

Well I'm on my third week now, and I've lost about 17lbs, so as you can imagine I'm over the moon!

I suppose the only thing that I'm worried about is the weight loss stopping or slowing down! I've been very good over the past three weeks, but I'm a bit worried because in July I've got three big work partys to go to ...... and I'll be expected to drink booze....... any suggestions as to what to do? I really want to reach my goal, but I also don't want it to stop me enjoying myself every now and again!

Many thanks

Dan

Hi Guys - good to see a little flurry of posts from us blokes!
Moo - No, haven't cheated at all (you're either doing this or you're not - and I want it over as soon as possible!). I am going to have my holiday (end July) as my first Add a Meal week (it will be a bit over the 12 weeks, but I'm going to hang on). As for the parties - drink fizzy water - you could simply give no explanation (who's life is this!?), tell them you're dieting or perhaps say you are on some medication and cannot drink?
Martyn - glad your going great guns too!
Paul - Agree with you - I can feel this really changing my life already (and I'm not quite half way yet). Look forward to seeing your website!
Cheers, and good luck everyone - we ARE worth it !

Hi, I'm not a guy either, but I just wanted to say "you go guys!" and I'll try not to sound bitter and twisted at the speed of which you lot shed the pounds. My CDC is a bloke and lost 6 stone in 4 month (grrr!) but I love him anyway ;)

...and the TOTM thing? it took me longer than a month to figure that one out and I'm a girl, so you did pretty well. Can't imagine any of the blokes in my life ever working it out :D

I'll second what SuffolkGuy said, don't let anyone try and persuade you that what your are doing is not well worth the effort. I'm now in my 8th week without cheating and I'm feeling better than I have for years. I went to Chessington last year and had to face getting off one of the rides and walking back past the queues because I didn't fit. I'm going to Thorpe Park in two weeks and this time I intend to get in if I need a shoehorn. :p

Hi,
I'm a girl as well but just wanted to say welcome and you are doing great. Love the TOTM thing..took me a while too...

The few guys that do post on here are fab. One huge inspirations is Icemoose (Mike), he has been there, done it and is still wearing the Tshirt with pride and he knows a thing or too about difficulties along the way.

And, as they say, it is not quantity - it's quality!

You guys rock..

xxx

Back