Blood Pressure - Too Low, Question

EmVeg

Do a little dance!
I just went to get my BP tested for my 28 days, and she took two tests one at 108/70 and 103/68.

Apparently this is far too low - and I've got a little worried. Just thought I'd ask if this is actually that low - and if this could cause any problem with LL. Any way of getting it up.

Don't think I've drunk enough today - and driving in the snow scare the **** out of me - could that be a factor?

Ah pants! Okay - in that case I guess that is my actual BP

dehydration could be a factor. Do you feel o.k? Have you ever had a low bp reading before?

If you are concerned then discuss with your GP.

What did your LLC advise?

Can't get through to LLC to be honest - so as I am SO much of a worry wart I just range LL medical Team. Apparently my starting was 134/70 (I think that's what she said) so she is getting someone to give me a ring back.

Kind of worried that this might mean I have to stop.

My wife's BP always drops when she doesn't have enough water.

Get drinking, that should raise it hopefully...

Thanking you - just got a call back from Ll Medical and its not TOO low. I did increase my exercise last night and not up my water yesterday, and honestly haven't drunk much at all today.

So I'll just keep an eye on how I feel - make a conscious effort to up my water a little but so I'm still comfortable and hold back on the extra activity for another week or so.

i was about to post that it was normal and you beat me to it lol. They really don't know what they are doing at times.

I agree! That blood pressure is absolutely normal! It's the bottom number they are more concerned with and anything around 70 is completely normal!! I so don't understand why she said it was too low!! Mine was regularly 100/70 when I was slimmer, and it went up to 135/80 when I was fat - I'd say yours is completely normal and healthy and I'm glad that LL confirmed this for you!

I have low blood pressure too when I lose weight - I was about 108/60 after only losing a couple of stone on LL last time.

It went down to 98/60 at one point, with a pulse of 52 and the nurse at the surgery was perfectly happy with that.

The only thing I have to worry about is standing up to quickly. If I do that I get dizzy - I even fainted once because I got out of bed too quickly! I am aware that it's happening again now I'm back on LL but I just remember to take care.

I have to admit when I stand up I get the lovely blacked out vision - But as you say, just stand up a little slower!!

I'm a much less worried bunny now. Thanking you for all your replies. (Should have got my BP taken again at home - sure it would have shot up due to my mini panic! :D )

I have to admit when I stand up I get the lovely blacked out vision - But as you say, just stand up a little slower!!

I'm a much less worried bunny now. Thanking you for all your replies. (Should have got my BP taken again at home - sure it would have shot up due to my mini panic! :D )

Oh the lovely vision effects, yep I get them too!

Glad you're less worried now :D

Back