Blood pressure

Holnex

This may be of interest to some members. My blood pressure was too high, I asked the doc if this was due to a recent virus, he said that 2 things can make the blood pressure increase - salt and being overweight' he asked me to monitor the pressure ( have got a BP machine) so started SW 1month ago each week there has been a reduction and I am nearly at normal BP I am a slow looser, just 1 or 1/2lbs a week, I now know what good is being done for my health, this is encouraging.

Congrats on getting your BP down. I'm type 2 diabetic so am hoping the weight loss will help me get off the tablets & prevent me going on insulin! I never suffered from high BP until after leaving a very stressful job, &they put me on them at that time. Unfortunately once they get you on tablets they very rarely seem to want you to get off them, telling you your on them for life! like you I'm a slow loser So will have to see what happens.

Good luck in keeping it down & with your weight loss.

Bobbi.T said:
Congrats on getting your BP down. I'm type 2 diabetic so am hoping the weight loss will help me get off the tablets & prevent me going on insulin! I never suffered from high BP until after leaving a very stressful job, &they put me on them at that time. Unfortunately once they get you on tablets they very rarely seem to want you to get off them, telling you your on them for life! like you I'm a slow loser So will have to see what happens.

Good luck in keeping it down & with your weight loss.

Hi Bobby, Well my doc was all for putting me on the tablets, I persuaded him to wait for 6 weeks to see if I could make any progress on my own, Now I am sure I will be able to keep off them. As I am pretty ancient! I can say I have learnt you have to be fairly strict with yourself regarding medications or you end up with a huge bag full! All these chemicals!
Anyway I hope you are successful with your weight and health.

Hi Holnex

I'm pretty old too compared with most on here which is why I think I'm a slow loser. Years of dieting & now not doing much exercise! Hey ho, it happens to everyone eventually right?

I think I will see if the numbers go down after I've lost a stone + then will tackle them about the tablets. I hate being in them. Like you say all those chemicals! That's enough incentive to make me lose weight!

Here we go then, another day on the slimming. World adventure. :)

Bobby, you look pretty young, and attractive, in your photo, when I say ancient I could be your grandmother!!! But young inside. We will both get where we want to be weight wise. Good luck. Holnex

Back