Blotchy, bumpy upper arms...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Anyone else suffer with this?

My upper arms are quite blotchy and I get those small bumps. I can't get rid of them, have tried for years. I exfoliate regularly, moisturise and drink plenty of water during the day. Dunno what else to do really.

I think they're quite a common problem aren't they? I don't usually let it bother me that much but have now decided to tackle! *chants* *bridesmaid dress*

Anyone else dealt with this?

Cheers

H x

I've got those little bumps too on my upper arms and all over my legs. I've never known what it was but would love to get rid of them! It almost looks like each individual hair follicle is a red bump.

My daughter has these a lot on her upper arms. She finds they do get better if she exfoliates and moisturises a lot. Sugar scrubs seem to help the most re smoothing the skin.

Interesting, thanks Divvy! I wondered whether there'd be a lotion or potion for them...
Luckily mine aren't too bad - I don't get the ingrown hair but the red bumps are annoying!

Hmm, I might have to do some googling for products.

Hi,

I have exactly the same - i have never been able to get rid of them!! Will have a look at too and see what i can find - as i have a strapless bridesmaid dress to wear in May.

kate x

I've got those little bumps too on my upper arms and all over my legs. I've never known what it was but would love to get rid of them! It almost looks like each individual hair follicle is a red bump.

I have the identical same problem!!

Here's what I've found out so far (bearing in mind this is the internet!):

• exfoliating and moisturising is key.
  • body brushing also helps.
  • flaxseeds are supposed to help - either in oil, tablet or whole on your foods (not checked syns yet).
  • there are creams available to help - these need to contain salicylic acid, lactic acid and/or urea, retin A
  • Omega 3 & 6 (also in the flaxseed oil I think) rich diet.
Links
I will expand this as I find out more!

Last edited:
I actually thought I had it because I was fat, and it was linked! Dont know why I got that into my head.

I went to the Dr's ages ago about them (must've been about 12/13) and he said it's all in our genes and it's inherited from your father?! Lol. Who knows.

Yep, it's inherited - I read that!

No they aren't ingrown hairs as such, they're little plugs of skin that block the hair follicle and can cause the hair to become ingrown sometimes...

wow - finally an answer for these! I always wondered why i had this!

was interested by the Celtic connection - my mum is Irish - so i will blame her! :p

Wow! You learn something new every day! Thanks for bringing this up.

I have had this problems since my early teens. I too am a Bridesmaid next yr so maybe if i start treating it now it will make a difference.

xx

This subject was discussd in a slot on this morning last week. The beauty expert recommended a Benefit exfoliator called bum deal. It is for all your body not just your bum despite the name. They did a before and after shot and it showed good improvement. The stuff costs £11.50 for 200g.

Me too! I've had it for years and recently a friend told me that the "skin, hair and nails" tablets you get in Holland & Barrett seem to help them alot. I'm going to give these a go :)

the "skin, hair and nails" tablets you get in Holland & Barrett seem to help them alot. I'm going to give these a go :)

Let me know if they make a difference, I'd be interested to find out! I already take a multi-vitamin but I've heard good things about those tablets too...

girls, the most important thing you need to get rid of these is a pair of "scrubby gloves".. you know the ones i mean?
whether you use soap, shower gel, body scrub doesnt make much difference, but daily use of these gloves WILL get rid
and they are only about £2-3 a pair

Back