blow out day

Lisa123

Silver Member
Hi, am I the only one here who has a huge blow out after weighing myself. After each wi I eat about a million syns then start from scratch the next day. I know this is a habit I need to break as my weight loss would be better but I can't help but eat loads for the whole day after wi. I have had two choc bars and three huge sausages plus loads of crisps and bread.... the list goes on. Anyone else do this ?

No never. Might sound a bit harsh but i really dont get that whole blow out thing. I know people do it and ok each to there own. But surely working on your relationship with food is better. 105 syns is a lot seeing the amount of food available for you to eat freely. Sorry if this is not a popular opinion but its just my view on it

See I would love to have ur attitude with regards to this as I know u r right. I don't know why I do it.

I don't now no. But when I did WW years ago, I would sometimes treat myself to a takeaway afterwards. I understand the urge, I often get it too. But these days, I just do it all within the plan. I want be fit and healthy more these days. I've been there and done it too many times. I'm bored of it now and just want to lose the weight and develop a healthy attitude to food.

If you need to do it, how about flexisyn it. Allocate yourself a prescribed amount of extra syns, then have your blowout, but in a more controlled considered way. You could even knock off a couple of syns off your allowance on other days if it made you feel happier about it? Just a thought....

Well thing is hun its taken me a while to get in this mindset thats what i'm a fair bit overweight. I must admit once i get into something I do it and if i set off with an aim and its part of the plan then thats it. An idea for you though...... What foods do you like to eat on these blow outs. Why not have a sw feast on the ready after wards. Least if you over eat on free and superfree slimming world goodies then meh what ever. Also perhaps have a red or green day on wi day so you can have like 4 alpen lights or soemthing or make pizza out of pitta breads :D

PurpleSky said:
Well thing is hun its taken me a while to get in this mindset thats what i'm a fair bit overweight. I must admit once i get into something I do it and if i set off with an aim and its part of the plan then thats it. An idea for you though...... What foods do you like to eat on these blow outs. Why not have a sw feast on the ready after wards. Least if you over eat on free and superfree slimming world goodies then meh what ever. Also perhaps have a red or green day on wi day so you can have like 4 alpen lights or soemthing or make pizza out of pitta breads :D

Tis all about the planning with SW eh? :)

See when I have a blow out I tend to eat for the sake of it. It is almost as if my mind is saying go on keep eating although I don't actually want it. I suppose I need to find a way to stop being such a binger. I can quite easily eat five or more chocolate bars on a blow out but I feel very fed up with myself afterwards.

Great ideas there PS!
Lisa, it doesn't even sound as though you enjoy what you're having that much, so i sounds like more of a rebellion thing almost 'I've weighed in, they can't 'see' me, I've got a week to repair it so I can eat it!'. Perhaps just try to limit it to one thing that you really really want and then flexisyn it so you're not trying to make up for it all week. At least with a planned flexisyn you're still in control. Eventually you might find that the urge goes away or that you can get away with something much smaller such as a standard sized bar of chocolate rather than lots of them! Whatever you decide, keep going and keep starting each day with a I CAN DO THIS attitude xxxx

My bestie is exactly like this, she gets weighed then goes to tescos and fills her trolley with chocolate, pastry and other high syn stuff. I try to encourage her to have a syn free stir fry and an options or a chocolate hifi but there's no stopping her. It's a mind set and she regrets it the next week when she gets on the scales but it still doesnt stop. Try distracting yourself and rewarding yourself another way after wi, a trip to the cinema or a catch up with a friend. Maybe even a cheeky lager at the pub is better than eating lots. Good luck with it it can't be easy to get out if the habit.

The nearest i get to a blow out after weigh in is my customary bourneville bar - which is still within my syns anyway. I also have it regardless of how i've done at weigh in so i don't tie it to success. I'm with purplesky on not really getting the whole blow out thing. I never felt i had a bad relationship with food before sw (cheesecake runs at 3 am notwithstanding) Just made ill informed choices mainly due to lazyness. Planning meals and being more educated about food choices is what its all about for me.

I am with you on the eating so much you feel sick
Sometimes i dont wait till ive been weighd ive no idea why it happens
Im not unhappy or stressed havent had a tiff with hubby it just happens and thats what i need to deal with
Food was very scarce when i was growing up and i used to think it stemmed from that but im 42 now and i know itll never happen again so i dont think it can be that
Pik yourself up and carry on

cherry-pie said:
Great ideas there PS!
Lisa, it doesn't even sound as though you enjoy what you're having that much, so i sounds like more of a rebellion thing almost 'I've weighed in, they can't 'see' me, I've got a week to repair it so I can eat it!'. Perhaps just try to limit it to one thing that you really really want and then flexisyn it so you're not trying to make up for it all week. At least with a planned flexisyn you're still in control. Eventually you might find that the urge goes away or that you can get away with something much smaller such as a standard sized bar of chocolate rather than lots of them! Whatever you decide, keep going and keep starting each day with a I CAN DO THIS attitude xxxx

U r right. Well I will be good for the rest of the week. Out for a Chinese on Sunday. I can do this I know I can. Right no more rubbish after wi next tues. Thanks for the advice everyone x

reptara said:
My bestie is exactly like this, she gets weighed then goes to tescos and fills her trolley with chocolate, pastry and other high syn stuff. I try to encourage her to have a syn free stir fry and an options or a chocolate hifi but there's no stopping her. It's a mind set and she regrets it the next week when she gets on the scales but it still doesnt stop. Try distracting yourself and rewarding yourself another way after wi, a trip to the cinema or a catch up with a friend. Maybe even a cheeky lager at the pub is better than eating lots. Good luck with it it can't be easy to get out if the habit.

Yes good idea. I never really thought of rewarding myself with something other than food. Silly hey ?

yeah i sometimes slow down and think oh something lil wont hurt, but i can easily go without choc, its sandwiches i love omg chicken mayo and all the trimmings lol. but last week after weigh in i had lost in total 1 stone which i was very proud of and i had a treat a nice big macdonalds lol, i well enjoyed it.
but at weigh in monday i had stayed the same :( so only got myself to blame lol x

Oooooh when I used to do WW -I got into that habit and it got so out of hand I ended up doing this:-
*weighing in on Thursday and then rewarding a loss or commiserating a gain by eating what I wanted Thursday -which led to eating to much Friday/saturday - well by then we were at the weekend so ooohh a bit extra won't hurt.... I finally "tried" to get back on track Monday -and pretty much starved Tuesday/Wednesday to claw back in time for Thursday weigh in and then off I would start the cycle again :eek:
When I started SW I promised myself I wasn't going to get into this habit again -and so I refuse to "treat" myself with food (although I make sure I have lots of lovely meals planned each week-so I don't need anything else)-I hop on the scales Sunday morning and then straight back down stairs for brekkie and to start another week,

Im like purplesky -I sit down on a Saturday and plan my meals for the week so come sunday morning Im all set to go..
I do treat myself but with a nice candle, smellies, face pack etc...
I know it sounds bonkers but Im one of those that find it much easier to stay on plan than to go off slightly and then have to try and get back on again:p

CAPRICORN said:
Oooooh when I used to do WW -I got into that habit and it got so out of hand I ended up doing this:-
*weighing in on Thursday and then rewarding a loss or commiserating a gain by eating what I wanted Thursday -which led to eating to much Friday/saturday - well by then we were at the weekend so ooohh a bit extra won't hurt.... I finally "tried" to get back on track Monday -and pretty much starved Tuesday/Wednesday to claw back in time for Thursday weigh in and then off I would start the cycle again :eek:
When I started SW I promised myself I wasn't going to get into this habit again -and so I refuse to "treat" myself with food (although I make sure I have lots of lovely meals planned each week-so I don't need anything else)-I hop on the scales Sunday morning and then straight back down stairs for brekkie and to start another week,

Im like purplesky -I sit down on a Saturday and plan my meals for the week so come sunday morning Im all set to go..
I do treat myself but with a nice candle, smellies, face pack etc...
I know it sounds bonkers but Im one of those that find it much easier to stay on plan than to go off slightly and then have to try and get back on again:p

From reading what everyone says I really think planning is the way forward. Maybe on wi day I will have just one treat like a Chinese which I know will be high in syns but at least that will be it. I won't have any other rubbish throughout the day. Tomorrow I'm going to plan plan plan. My husband gets bored of my dinners though as they tend to revolve around chicken. We only eat chicken, beef mince and Bacon. X

Tomorrow I'm going to plan plan plan. My husband gets bored of my dinners though as they tend to revolve around chicken. We only eat chicken, beef mince and Bacon. X

Even with chicken, mince and bacon there are loads of things you can do! I'll start you off but the recipe threads will be much more useful to you!
The things we have using those ingredients include:
- roast chicken dinner
- chicken wrapped in bacon with HEA cheese in the middle
- hunters chicken (chicken breast, bacon, cheese and SW syn free BBQ sauce)
- tandoori chicken
- chicken and mush 'pie' - chicken, mushrooms and bacon in a white sauce (approx 2.5 syns per person) topped with mashed potato
- chicken stir fry
- bolognaise
- chilli
- lasagne
- homemade burgers
- cottage pie
- full cooked breakfast (for tea!)

Hope that helps for starters!!! Good luck and take care xx

Back