Blue is my favourite colour..... Lexies journey

Congratulations - that is amazing!! You must be feeling great! xxx

Go onto your profile settings on the main website, not the app, and a little way down the options there are two badges, Century Club and Maintainer, and you just select it. xx

TracyGWill said:
Go onto your profile settings on the main website, not the app, and a little way down the options there are two badges, Century Club and Maintainer, and you just select it. xx

Thanks I'll do it next time I'm on pc xx

Am so glad I dragged myself to the gym this morning, I was so tempted not to go, was a good work out & a good food day, I so desperately want to get that 11st 7lb by the 1st of next month.......

I sure did ladies!!!

Looking like I'm gonna have a sts this week which isn't deserved but there we go. Think I'm gonna weigh in tomorrow rather than Friday this week as Thursday night is gonna be a random one for my system as I'm going for a late indian followed by the midnight viewing of breaking dawn part 2 so won't be in bed til about 3am & so 4 hours Sleep & an Indian will play havoc with my body!!!!

Going to debenhams tomorrow to try on a "control" body, it's a strapless dress type thing that I saw reduced to £22.50 to wear under my outfit for a do I'm at on 1st. I'd rather have shorts in the bottom than a skirt but they are still full price although I've been told Matalan do something similar.....

I personally think the shorts are better than the dress type ones, mine have had a tendancy to ride up slightly but the shorts stay firmly in place. I think i got one from Debenhams which was fantastic. I know some of them are expensive but they might do the trick better than a cheaper one.

If its for a night out you need to think about how easy it will be for you to go to the loo. I had a Gok Wan support body thingy but I couldn't undo the hook and eye underneath so in order to go to the loo i had to take my dress off and then take the support underwear off - not great when you are on a night out and going to the loo frequently.

Debenhams are doing the up to 25% off thing at the moment so you might find yourself a bargain. Happy Shopping!

SarahB said:
I personally think the shorts are better than the dress type ones, mine have had a tendancy to ride up slightly but the shorts stay firmly in place. I think i got one from Debenhams which was fantastic. I know some of them are expensive but they might do the trick better than a cheaper one.

If its for a night out you need to think about how easy it will be for you to go to the loo. I had a Gok Wan support body thingy but I couldn't undo the hook and eye underneath so in order to go to the loo i had to take my dress off and then take the support underwear off - not great when you are on a night out and going to the loo frequently.

Debenhams are doing the up to 25% off thing at the moment so you might find yourself a bargain. Happy Shopping!

Went thursday & the shorts ones were half price too!!! They have a slit for want of a better word to wee through lol. Will have to do the same for my tights too though!!

Had a sts this week but I'm ok with that...

Hi how are you? Your very quite lately - is everything ok?

Can see your going to Zumba, are you still getting to the gym?

I know you had a STS last week, how are you doing this week? Have you measured up recently?

I'm really hoping to get into the 12's this week or next! If I had been as determined as you I would prob be at goal lol. But think I'm in a good place now :) did you finish the John briffa book? Any things your taking from it?

Yeah I'm ok sorry I've been quiet, been busy.... Working extra... Yes still trying to get to gym 3 times a week but didn't go Monday or tonight due to ridiculous blister I got on Saturday which despite popping it is still sore as!!!!

This week seems to be looking like another sta & fear I've hit that dreaded plateau but I'm not gonna let it stress me out too much or the risk is I'll turn to food!

What I've been wondering with sts.. and what I have been reading is that with going low fat there is only so far you can go before you hit a plateau and loosing weight is harder. Perhaps that is where you are?

What I've been reading is that, when you go on a diet you generally end up cutting a lot of the hi GI foods out and a lot of theses foods are also high in fat, sugar, and "carbs" like flour, potatoes, rice etc. which starts your weight loss - because before your diet - you were prob eating too much - your portion sizes were bigger than they should be. If you decide to go low fat your cutting the fats out - that's both the good and the not so good ones. So your reducing more items that are high in fats - which can also be high in carbs - so your weight loss continues..

But if you go low fat, but replace the high fat carb items with low fat snack items - which can be (most are) high in sugars and carbs still - and this can stall your weight loss.

All through your low fat diet journey your also fighting your hunger, your blood sugar highs and lows - it is the nuts and seeds, avocado - the good fats - also good sources of protein, and coloured veg keep - that help you feel full and satisfied, not hungry!

Like for example; my kids if I give them crisps as a snack 20-30 mins later they are back I'm hungry .. But if I give them an apple cut up, with a handful of almonds, they are less likely to come see me so soon.

I noticed in your food journal, that your snacks are carb based snacks again ( the crisps), is that because the high fat nuts worry you? I'm also not seeing much fruit, 1-2 portions a day is a good moderate amount.

Your weight is getting very near to goal (yay!) - and you will find that some things that you have eaten previously might now be causing you to stall..

I know I'm not perfect - far from it really - but sometimes another view point helps you get through the plateau :)

Another idea I've read is that a 1/2 or a day of fasting or skipping lunch sometimes helps get through the plateau. :)

Thanks Tara, honest truth is money right now. Come new year I'll be back on nuts etc....

The scales said 11:8:6 this morning but I don't believe that as lowest I'd been so far this week was 11:10:6 but we'll see what tomorrow brings.....

Back