blue-kat healthy lifestyle diary

blue-kat

Feeling positive about my fresh start. I'd forgotten how tasty proper healthy food is, and how much better you feel once blood sugar is more even !

Just posted on your other thread. Fresh unprocessed food does taste great. Enjoy savouring the flavours!

pleased with my first day.
sturdy breakfast on boiled eggs really set you up for the day :)
really enjoyed felafel's and spicy humous as snack
and diverted that pudding temptation and had 2 small oranges instead.

It's chick pea mad here. excellent Felafels and red spicy houmous from M&S, and chick pea salad.
Looking forward to chana dal soup with ras en hout spice mix tomorrow.
thinking ahead to healthy lunch and snack boxes for Uni days, so can keep up the healthy habits.

I scoffed a 3 of son's wine gum pastilles but pulled it back to have a reasonable day although v tired + achey, which can easily a trigger for eating unhealthy fast energy nosh.

Food sounds lush today. Well done on refraining from the whole packet of sweets!!! Little by little we change our habits.

chana dal soup was great, and it really helped to prepare ahead for busy day.
otherwise all too easy to grab something because it's quick and you're hungry.

another busy day tomorrow, there won't' be time for a lunch break. I've made snack box to nibble on as and when poss.

I had an orange for desert tonight, when then 'hhhhm how about some ice cream?' thought popped up.
I need to remember it's just an idea,and not a very good one either.

You seem to be doing really well, and well organised. I am still getting back into routine after my son and daughter went back to uni at the weekend.

Hi Bluekat, sounds like you're getting the hang of low GL. I've fallen in love with chickpeas since I started doing low GL :)

it's feels so much better to get off the blood sugar roller coaster

I've kept to the GI principles whilst things have been hectic this week.
I'm sure this has helped even if I don't see any change not the scales, it's worth it.

Keeping to the GI/GL principles is wonderful. It's a great way to eat really healthy, balanced and varied foods. Also even if one stays at STS the health benefits are wonderful. I noticed that I don't have bloated stomach issues, headaches or sugar highs and lows from following low or medium GL. Also my skin seems to be a lot more vibrant and glowing.

B: fruut yog + 5 pecan halves
S: Gluten free bread + cheese
L: last of primordial soup ( spicy chana dal), fruit you + small slice of cake (hale and hearty mix made with quinoa flour so reasonable damage limitation)
D: haddock, mixture of broad beans/edame/peas) + brown rice + tomatoes
S: apple and orange

Food sounds yummy, and the cake made with quinoa flour sounds really interesting. I wish we had a cake like that out here :)

Ohhh the picture makes it even more yummy sounding! Mmmmmmmmm.

well it's a STS for me this week, but am still finding my way with healthy changes, and it's been a hectic stressy week.

thanks to chick peas, I've been able to drop my IBS meds.

ooops didn't eat enough protein and slow-release carbs y.day and could really tell.
but dusted off tin of sardines - which were yum.
I'm planning to have sardines often as need to improve my cholesterol profile, and it's better than fish oil capsules.

Congratulations on STS! Gotta love chickpeas, they've become one of my favorites.

B: porridge w natural yog, mini banana + agave syrup
L: sardines, brown rice, peas, edame and broad beans
strawberry yog w fresh strawberries
D: mince chilli w kidney beans, chick pea, beetroot+red onion salad, small prtn brown rice + edam + parmesan sprinkles
raspberry yog
also been catching up on rest, and getting my essay done

Back