Blueberry Muffins

donna88

Gold Member
Just made these now, found the recipe in a very old running magazine, they listed them as 145 cals so I assumed 7.5 syns, but as I used flora light instead of normal margarine I checked the syns online and worked them out at 5 syns a muffin, but again once I made them I made 18 rather then 12 so even less syns then that, 3 syns each :) They're smaller than muffins as I don't have any proper muffin cases in, but lovely. Me and the boyfriend have already had one and they taste yummy, not as sweet as some muffins but still very nice.

125g white self raising flour
125g wholemeal self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
85g margarine (can bring syns down even more by using a light margarine)
2 tbsp clear honey
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla ectract
200ml skimmed milk
125g fresh blueberries or 75g dried blueberries (I used fresh, not sure what the syns are on dried)

1 - pre-heat the oven to 200 degree's (gas mark 6)
2 - line muffin tins with cases, recipe says 12 but I made 18
3 - In a bowl mix together both flours and the baking powder
4 - In another bowl mix the marg and honey until smooth, beat the egg, vanilla and milk together in a jug, then add to the marg mixture together with two tbsp of the flour mixture. Beat the mixture until smooth then add the remaining flour. Stir until just combined. gently fold in the blueberries
5 - spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, until each is about 2 thirds full, bake for around 20 minutes until the muffins are risen and golden.

I'm going to try them with different fillings such as cherry and almond as well :)

You will have to check the syns if not using flora light as they will be slightly different depending on which marg you use

forgot to add photo's

102_6504.jpg102_6505.jpg

They look lovely. Do you need to syn the blueberries as they have been cooked?

Yeah they're added in the syns which I worked out for my batch. 100g of cooked blueberries is 3 syns so 125g is 3.75 (but I counted 4 to be safe)

Perfect!! I shall give them a whirl at the weekend. Miss my daily blueberry muffin so badly!

Back