BMI 25??

Thanks everyone, some really good advice. I'm pretty clear on the whole thing now (took a while:rolleyes:) just have to get a few more stones off before putting it in to practice :D

At a BMI of 25 you do not have the body-fat to sustain a VLCD, simple as that.

In reality if you were to SS to a BMI of 25 you would find that the weight loss slows to nothing.

That could explain why things have slowed over the last two weeks for me - I am 5 foot 5 and weighing in at 11 6(last official WI) so am only half a stone over BMI 25 - I am ss/ss+ about fifty fifty each week so far. Any suggestions - will be seeing CDC tomorrow.

Hi there I am 5'5 also and weighed 11.3 when I started SS and my CDC said I should stay on it untill I reach my goal of 9.7 then move up the plans (very confused by the whole thing)

Hi there I am 5'5 also and weighed 11.3 when I started SS and my CDC said I should stay on it untill I reach my goal of 9.7 then move up the plans (very confused by the whole thing)

You need to be on 810 when you get to BMI 25 You can then continue to goal on 810 :clap:

You need to be on 810 when you get to BMI 25 You can then continue to goal on 810 :clap:

Many thanks- that is what I thought but my CDC is recommending otherwise. I will speak to her again at next WI and go up to 810 then as should be at 25. (i hope)

Don't really get that. My BMI is 24.4 and my body fat percentage is a whopping 36%.

Well, that's not exactly whopping ;) Depending on your age, it could be in the healthy bracket.

Even if you are on the lower level (spring chicken), it's still only just outside healthy

fatranges.jpg

I'm doing SS (in Holland, you can) and lost 7 lbs in 6 days. So enough storage there!

But isn't that your first week which will be a mix of glycogen and water...with maybe just a little fat?

hey

Hey guys

I emailed CDC in my area last week, said she wont touch me a BMI is under 25. I understand would be the higher calorie plans..but she wouldnt speak any further with me at all :confused:

Anyone shed any light on why the reaction?

Seems lots of guys here doing it with a BMI 25 and under...

Back