BMI Below 40 to Start SS ~???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SindyDoll, 16 September 2010 Social URL.

1. SindyDoll

SindyDoll Member

I'm being impatient here as I'm seeing my new CDc tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough, but...

I have read/been told that I have to have a BMI below 40 to start SS OR get a doctor's note. I've already enquired and found that a doc's note will take seven days and cost £15 (!!!), but, annoyingly, my BMI is just 40.8! To get below 40, I have to lose 5 lbs, which I'm sure I could do in a few days with or without CD. I just wondered whether my new CDc may be a little flexible about this? Is it a strict rule, or do you think she might overlook the extra 5 lbs? The sensible thing would be for me to rebook my appointment for next week and starve myself for a few days, but I don't really want to! ~ I just want to get started!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has started with this predicament!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    all people doing the ss or ss+ have to have a doctors signature regardless of what your bmi is...

this is what i was told by my cdc anyway. so i could be wrong as i am just purely going by what she has said..

im sure more people will be able to get to the bottom of it.

4. LovelyLauren

LovelyLauren My husband = My hero

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(27.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet ss
    My CDC said it was o ly those with bmi over 40 that needed a docs signature but they always write to your GP no matter what ur bmi to let them know what your upto!

I didn't need to see gp just dropped the form
    off an picked it up couple of days later - it dd cost £20 but I just saw it as the beat £20 il ever spend!

My CDC also let me start knowing I was taking my form in so I dis get straight on with my diet!

Hopefully yours will do the same!

Good luck x

5. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Your right that if your BMI is over 40 you need a doctors sig, thats CWP rules that consultants must follow. We also only write to your doctor (no matter what your BMI is) if you start on SS.

6. SindyDoll

SindyDoll Member

Miss Jelly Tot: Do you think my CDc will let me start SS with the promise that the sig is on it's way? I don't want to wait another week to start!!!

7. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    Sindy speak with her but the rules are that the form needs to be signed before you can start.

Good luck on your journey too

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.