BMI Below 40 to Start SS ~???

SindyDoll

I'm being impatient here as I'm seeing my new CDc tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough, but...

I have read/been told that I have to have a BMI below 40 to start SS OR get a doctor's note. I've already enquired and found that a doc's note will take seven days and cost £15 (!!!), but, annoyingly, my BMI is just 40.8! To get below 40, I have to lose 5 lbs, which I'm sure I could do in a few days with or without CD. I just wondered whether my new CDc may be a little flexible about this? Is it a strict rule, or do you think she might overlook the extra 5 lbs? The sensible thing would be for me to rebook my appointment for next week and starve myself for a few days, but I don't really want to! ~ I just want to get started!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has started with this predicament!

all people doing the ss or ss+ have to have a doctors signature regardless of what your bmi is...

this is what i was told by my cdc anyway. so i could be wrong as i am just purely going by what she has said..

im sure more people will be able to get to the bottom of it.

My CDC said it was o ly those with bmi over 40 that needed a docs signature but they always write to your GP no matter what ur bmi to let them know what your upto!

I didn't need to see gp just dropped the form
off an picked it up couple of days later - it dd cost £20 but I just saw it as the beat £20 il ever spend!

My CDC also let me start knowing I was taking my form in so I dis get straight on with my diet!

Hopefully yours will do the same!

Good luck x

My CDC said it was o ly those with bmi over 40 that needed a docs signature but they always write to your GP no matter what ur bmi to let them know what your upto!
Your right that if your BMI is over 40 you need a doctors sig, thats CWP rules that consultants must follow. We also only write to your doctor (no matter what your BMI is) if you start on SS.

Miss Jelly Tot: Do you think my CDc will let me start SS with the promise that the sig is on it's way? I don't want to wait another week to start!!!

Sindy speak with her but the rules are that the form needs to be signed before you can start.

Good luck on your journey too

Back