BMI same as my age!!

Time for serious goal setting.

To get into the “overweight” category rather than the “obese” category I need 13st 4lb. I’m currently 17st 2lb.

My children aren’t in the year groups going back before the summer holidays, so I have until September before the ‘big reveal’ when I’ll be out and about on the school run again.

I have 14 weeks before then. That’s enough to make a serious difference to my weight. It would be amazing to walk back into that playground and have people barely recognise me.

So that is my big goal - to lose nearly 4lb a week for the next 14 weeks so when the children go back to school I don’t feel ashamed when I drop them at the school gate.

I realise that that goal might not come to fruition because that’s a lot to lose each week. But even if I haven’t quite got there by September, I’ll still be well on my way. And it’s good to have a really tangible aim.

I need something to really focus on to get me through the vast stretch of homeschooling lying ahead of me, without me dealing with it by reaching for the biscuits.
You can do it! How amazing would it be?
We’re all here to support you 😀

Stayed the same again today. Not impressed. I feel fat, lumpy and baggy. Hopefully I’ll see a loss tomorrow.

I did another walk last night to get my steps above 10k.

Today’s menu is porridge with cherries; cheese and ham omelette; prawn balti with onion bahjis.

Stayed the same again today. Not impressed. I feel fat, lumpy and baggy. Hopefully I’ll see a loss tomorrow.

I did another walk last night to get my steps above 10k.

Today’s menu is porridge with cherries; cheese and ham omelette; prawn balti with onion bahjis.
I get that feeling, felt it myself this morning but you're in it for the long haul. Dinner sounds amazing!

Mightily fed up today. I’m half way through the week and have only lost half a pound. And it’s not as though I’m losing inches instead. I tried my jeans on this morning (which fitted before lockdown) and there’s still zero chance of me doing them up.

Finally, movement on the scales. Another 2lb off, bringing my weight loss so far this week to 2.5lb. I’d love another half pound in the final three days of this week. That would bring me back into the 16s, which would feel like a real milestone.

I’m very glad of the psychological boost of a loss because yesterday was a bit of a shocker (feeling down about coronavirus, not SW) and anything to lift my mood a bit is very welcome.

Today’s menu is: bacon and egg wrap; chicken and leek baked risotto (recipe from SW magazine); something from the freezer for dinner.

I’m thinking next week I’ll do a week of Cambridge diet. I’ve still got a week’s worth of packets left over from when I was doing it and it seems wasteful to be buying more food when I could just eat those for a week, particularly in these times of financial dire straits. Plus it won’t feel too daunting if I know it’s just for a week, then back onto SW as normal.

I’ve just realised my loss today means I’m exactly a stone lighter than I was when I restarted SW three weeks ago. Yay!

Well done Kayla on your 2.5lbs off this week👏👏👏

Also on your stone lighter :woohoo:

Good luck with your week on CD👍

I get that feeling, felt it myself this morning but you're in it for the long haul. Dinner sounds amazing!
Thanks - dinner was amazing, the SW prawn balti recipe turned out really well.

What the actual?! A gain of 2.5lb today! How did that happen?!?

Thank goodness I weigh every day so know that this is just a blip fluctuation. Otherwise, if I hadn’t weighed for a week and saw this on the scales, I’d think all my efforts had been for nothing. It would probably send me heading to the nearest tub of ice cream.

Hopefully it will be gone again by tomorrow.

What the actual?! A gain of 2.5lb today! How did that happen?!?

Thank goodness I weigh every day so know that this is just a blip fluctuation. Otherwise, if I hadn’t weighed for a week and saw this on the scales, I’d think all my efforts had been for nothing. It would probably send me heading to the nearest tub of ice cream.

Hopefully it will be gone again by tomorrow.
Just a blip, hopefully it's gone tomorrow well done for keeping positive

Oh dear. Seeing the big gain on the scales did send me into a downward spiral. I was good all day until 5pm when I had a lolly, two Cornettos and a whole sweet chilli chicken pizza.

I wasn’t brave enough to weigh myself this morning. I felt like jacking the whole thing in. But I haven’t, thankfully. I’ve done day 1 of my week using up my old Cambridge diet sachets.

I’m dreading stepping on the scales tomorrow, as it’s my weigh in day for my Slimming World meeting. I’ll feel really ashamed attending the meeting if I‘ve lost no weight this week and everyone else being told and pitying me.

Stop it, we all have moments like that. You've done the right thing in going back to your sachets if that helps reset your thinking. You might surprise yourself tomorrow and remember it was just one day. I am missing pizza though...
Thanks Fitatforty, I know it’s making a mountain out of a molehill to decide that one pizza should signal the end of my weight loss journey.
Hopefully a week of minging milkshakes means I’ll be absolutely desperate to get back on Slimming World next week! And I’ll be relieved that I haven’t spent money on food for myself for a week.

Thanks Fitatforty, I know it’s making a mountain out of a molehill to decide that one pizza should signal the end of my weight loss journey.
Hopefully a week of minging milkshakes means I’ll be absolutely desperate to get back on Slimming World next week! And I’ll be relieved that I haven’t spent money on food for myself for a week.
It's not, we all feel the same way when it happens to us...
Sw will taste extra yummy!

A total loss for the whole week of 1.5lb. Disappointing. Could be worse but could be so much better. I have my SW meeting tonight and am not thrilled about going now.

Gosh I’m feeling subdued today. I really want to see my friends and family. This is such a lonely time.

Anyway, I’m nearly at the end of day 2 of “operation use up the Cambridge packets” and it’s going okay. It’s really not hard when I know it’s only for a matter of days rather than months.

The best thing is I’ll finally be able to get rid of the box of sachets/bars that’s been sitting in my kitchen since I stopped doing the Cambridge diet eight months ago. I will gain some space and not feel guilty that I wasted them.

No menu to report for the next week. Just a case of banana shake, strawberry shake, peanut bar, repeat.

I hope my SW meeting tonight cheers me up a bit.

Gosh I’m feeling subdued today. I really want to see my friends and family. This is such a lonely time.

Anyway, I’m nearly at the end of day 2 of “operation use up the Cambridge packets” and it’s going okay. It’s really not hard when I know it’s only for a matter of days rather than months.

The best thing is I’ll finally be able to get rid of the box of sachets/bars that’s been sitting in my kitchen since I stopped doing the Cambridge diet eight months ago. I will gain some space and not feel guilty that I wasted them.

No menu to report for the next week. Just a case of banana shake, strawberry shake, peanut bar, repeat.

I hope my SW meeting tonight cheers me up a bit.

Hi Kaysa

I’m with you on the feelings of loneliness. It’s just me and my husband at home with our three furry babies. I saw an article in the news that mentioned we will be allowed to see “a bubble of up to 10 people” (socially distanced of course) in our gardens/parks in the next few weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve read your entire diary, a lot of which resonates with me as though I could have written some myself - thank you for sharing your journey ❤️ You are absolutely hilarious too by the way, I had a few laugh out loud moments 😀

I’m using up Lipotrim shakes at the moment, on Day 3, (not sure if you’ve tried them, similar to CD), turns out I had 4 weeks worth stashed away in my cupboard £180 in real money 🤭

Hope you’re doing okay.

Hi Kaysa

I’m with you on the feelings of loneliness. It’s just me and my husband at home with our three furry babies. I saw an article in the news that mentioned we will be allowed to see “a bubble of up to 10 people” (socially distanced of course) in our gardens/parks in the next few weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve read your entire diary, a lot of which resonates with me as though I could have written some myself - thank you for sharing your journey ❤ You are absolutely hilarious too by the way, I had a few laugh out loud moments 😀

I’m using up Lipotrim shakes at the moment, on Day 3, (not sure if you’ve tried them, similar to CD), turns out I had 4 weeks worth stashed away in my cupboard £180 in real money 🤭

Hope you’re doing okay.
Hi GemBino

Totally with you on shakes etc being money stashed in your cupboard. I feel very virtuous that I’m ‘using up’ £50 this week!

Looking forward to the bubbles (although I expect my siblings, in laws etc will expect it to be them, when actually I’d rather see my friends! I don’t think it would go down too well if I admitted that.)

Gosh, thanks for reading the whole thing. It’s a bit like War & Peace by this stage!

Hopefully a week of shakes might speed things up a bit so I don’t bore people’s pants off forever more.

A pound off today. I can’t really get excited about it because it just brings me back to where I was five days ago, before the blip. But it does offer hope that I might see the number 16 on the scales tomorrow!

My SW zoom meeting did cheer me up last night. It’s just nice to talk to actual human beings. It made me realise how much I miss the school run. Just the act of saying, “Morning!” to lots of vague acquaintances makes me feel connected and worthy.

A pound off today. I can’t really get excited about it because it just brings me back to where I was five days ago, before the blip. But it does offer hope that I might see the number 16 on the scales tomorrow!

My SW zoom meeting did cheer me up last night. It’s just nice to talk to actual human beings. It made me realise how much I miss the school run. Just the act of saying, “Morning!” to lots of vague acquaintances makes me feel connected and worthy.
That’s great, I think it’s the day to day hellos I miss too

Back