BMI same as my age!!

Guess who’s back, back again, Kaysa’s back, tell a friend.

Well that didn’t go to plan, did it? I lasted about two days then everything went to pot. Another 4lb gained.

Back on it like a car bonnet today.

I have even.... (drumroll please) done the first run on the couch to 5k app this morning. It nearly killed me. I can’t believe how unfit I have become. Running for just eight minutes has left me with a face the colour of a strawberry and legs so jellified I could barely make it up the stairs to the shower.

Exactly ten years ago, to the week (thank you, FB memories,) I did a 5k race. I did it in 31 minutes. I haven’t run since. I’m determined to get my fitness levels back up to a basic “I can run after Brad Pitt in the street without panting” level. In case that should become necessary at some point.

In other breaking news I have persuaded the husband to do SW with me for two weeks. He’s not interested in the rules etc (opposite of me, I love a good rule to abide by!) but has, somewhat reluctantly, agreed to eat the food for a fortnight. I’m hoping he might get such great results that he’ll decide to carry on after that, but I doubt he will. It’ll make it so much easier for me if I’m not buying food that might tempt me off track.

On the “man eat MEAT” menu to please the husband today is:

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms, tea

Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna, into which I’ve added grated carrot, apple and chopped celery, pepper and cucumber, plus some lemon and lime juice. Grated cheese on the jacket potato.

Dinner: Steak, SW chips for the husband, asparagus, carrots, artichoke bottoms (they’ve been sitting in the freezer for ages so I thought I’d better give them a whirl.)

Plus husband plans to use all his syns on wine. Fair enough.

Hopefully that will fill him up and keep him going until day 2. I have become a SW feeder!
Yay! Welcome back!
I could barely run for 90 seconds bursts 8 weeks ago and now I'm running for 28mins (30 tomorrow!) having never run before. You'll have muscle memory so will probably find it easier quicker.
Well done for coming back 👏 I think it's a mentally challenging time for everyone and you need to be in the right frame of mind to loose weight, which you obviously are now 😊😊 have a great day

Yay! Welcome back!
I could barely run for 90 seconds bursts 8 weeks ago and now I'm running for 28mins (30 tomorrow!) having never run before. You'll have muscle memory so will probably find it easier quicker.
Well done for coming back 👏 I think it's a mentally challenging time for everyone and you need to be in the right frame of mind to loose weight, which you obviously are now 😊😊 have a great day
Wow Fitatforty, that’s an amazing improvement in your fitness in a short amount of time. That’s very inspiring for me to hear. Today’s run was a really hard slog for me so it’s good to know you’ve found it easier quite quickly.

Wow Fitatforty, that’s an amazing improvement in your fitness in a short amount of time. That’s very inspiring for me to hear. Today’s run was a really hard slog for me so it’s good to know you’ve found it easier quite quickly.
Wk6 was the turning point, I also started doing a zoom Clubbercise class and really can’t believe how great my fitness is. I’ve never had that before. Now I feel like I’ve got the stamina to go to classes for real when things start opening back up.
It’s definitely the harder runs where you build fitness. Well done for making to the end of your run. That’s all you’ve got to keeping doing 😉

A bit less successful today with feeding the husband SW food. We went on a picnic and I made some salmon fish cakes, sausage rolls (1 syn each), crustless quiche and coronation chicken. None of them were a hit with him so he was a bit grumpy.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow’s offerings are better received.

Full success with feeding myself. Fruity porridge for breakfast, picnic for lunch, satay chicken for dinner (a few syns in that but definitely under the limit.)

My next couch to 5k run is tomorrow morning. I’m dreading it.

A bit less successful today with feeding the husband SW food. We went on a picnic and I made some salmon fish cakes, sausage rolls (1 syn each), crustless quiche and coronation chicken. None of them were a hit with him so he was a bit grumpy.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow’s offerings are better received.

Full success with feeding myself. Fruity porridge for breakfast, picnic for lunch, satay chicken for dinner (a few syns in that but definitely under the limit.)

My next couch to 5k run is tomorrow morning. I’m dreading it.
Your picnic sounds fab! I struggled with c25k today but I think it was the heat. I still finished though and I’m sure you will tomorrow - good luck!

I’ve completed my second couch to 5k run and it’s not even 7am. I got out early today because of the heat and I’m glad I did because it’s already boiling out there (or maybe that’s just my face.) The running was even harder than the first time. I’m knackered!

On the menu today is apple and cinnamon pancakes with berries, salmon and broccoli quiche with salad, and chicken balti with onion bhajis.

So far this week I’ve lost 3lb.

I’ve completed my second couch to 5k run and it’s not even 7am. I got out early today because of the heat and I’m glad I did because it’s already boiling out there (or maybe that’s just my face.) The running was even harder than the first time. I’m knackered!

On the menu today is apple and cinnamon pancakes with berries, salmon and broccoli quiche with salad, and chicken balti with onion bhajis.

So far this week I’ve lost 3lb.
Well done 👏👏 coming from someone with zero fitness at the start, it really does get easier if you just keep going 😊 I'm the same, I do so much better if I go out 1st thing. I don't do well in the heat. Also well done on the loss so far

Well done 👏👏 coming from someone with zero fitness at the start, it really does get easier if you just keep going 😊 I'm the same, I do so much better if I go out 1st thing. I don't do well in the heat. Also well done on the loss so far
Thank you!

Today I have been channeling my inner Joe Wicks to ‘prep like a boss.”

I’ve already done all the prep for today’s meals, including tonight’s jerk pork with salsa and rice. Quite a lot of chopping involved for that one.

I’ve also prepped all the ingredients for jambalaya tomorrow night, plus blueberry baked oats for tomorrow’s breakfast (I think that may be a step too far for the husband but we’ll see, I may convert him.) I just need to prep tomorrow’s lunch then I’ll be done.

I find I go off track if I’m already hungry and faced with starting cooking from scratch. That’s when I choose unhealthy things. If all I’ve got to do is bung things in a pan then I’m far more likely to carry on with what I’ve planned to eat.

Having the husband doing SW with me this week is making life a lot easier. Plus a lot harder.

Easier because we’re eating the same meals, and he’s not suggesting takeaways every evening. Plus it’s nice to have the company. I haven’t been the least bit tempted to stray.

Harder because of the cooking. Normally he’ll sort his own breakfast and lunch so I only have to worry about cooking for him in the evening. Now, I’m in charge of three meals a day for four people and am barely out of the kitchen. I’m hoping that if he sticks with SW then maybe next week he’ll take charge of a few meals.

The husband hated the baked oats this morning. However, lunch was a huge success. Tandoori chicken and bang bang cauliflower, both from the Pinch of Nom book. I thought the cauliflower might be a disaster but the husband asked to have it again. The tandoori chicken was delicious, by far the best thing I’ve cooked from the book. I’ll definitely be making it again next week.

Having the husband doing SW with me this week is making life a lot easier. Plus a lot harder.

Easier because we’re eating the same meals, and he’s not suggesting takeaways every evening. Plus it’s nice to have the company. I haven’t been the least bit tempted to stray.

Harder because of the cooking. Normally he’ll sort his own breakfast and lunch so I only have to worry about cooking for him in the evening. Now, I’m in charge of three meals a day for four people and am barely out of the kitchen. I’m hoping that if he sticks with SW then maybe next week he’ll take charge of a few meals.

The husband hated the baked oats this morning. However, lunch was a huge success. Tandoori chicken and bang bang cauliflower, both from the Pinch of Nom book. I thought the cauliflower might be a disaster but the husband asked to have it again. The tandoori chicken was delicious, by far the best thing I’ve cooked from the book. I’ll definitely be making it again next week.
Hmm interesting 🤔 I also don’t rate the baked oats but everyone else seems to love them. I’ve got both of those books so will give them a try. I find their recipes really salty though so we’ve started reducing the seasoning

Hmm interesting 🤔 I also don’t rate the baked oats but everyone else seems to love them. I’ve got both of those books so will give them a try. I find their recipes really salty though so we’ve started reducing the seasoning
I never add salt to recipes anyway (except bread) but the recipes seem to have enough other seasoning that it’s not necessary.
It’s probably the case that if you like porridge then you’ll like baked oats and if you don’t you won’t. The husband doesn’t like porridge or anything else of that ilk like muesli or weetabix.

The final day of week one back on it. Zero cheating has taken place this week. Fingers crossed that I’ll have lost 5lb this week (4.5 so far so hopefully I’ll lose a little bit tomorrow.)

Either way, I’ve got to fit in my next couch to 5k run tomorrow morning. I’m repeating week 1 - I don’t want to take things too quickly and end up with sore knees, which often happens for me. So I’ll probably do each week twice to try and progress slowly without injury.

Chicken katsu for dinner tonight (from the PON website) - yum!

The final day of week one back on it. Zero cheating has taken place this week. Fingers crossed that I’ll have lost 5lb this week (4.5 so far so hopefully I’ll lose a little bit tomorrow.)

Either way, I’ve got to fit in my next couch to 5k run tomorrow morning. I’m repeating week 1 - I don’t want to take things too quickly and end up with sore knees, which often happens for me. So I’ll probably do each week twice to try and progress slowly without injury.

Chicken katsu for dinner tonight (from the PON website) - yum!
I like porridge but think I expected more from the baked oats as everyone was raving about them. That sounds like a good idea for c2k. I've repeated runs when I haven't felt ready to move on or had a bad run day. The need gets less as you get fitter so even if you do the first few weeks twice, you'll probably find you can move on weekly as you build stamina. You're doing great 😊

Still stuck at the same weight for official weigh in day. I think I’m losing weight more slowly when I’m eating with the husband because I’m making meals to appeal to him, which are more carb heavy than I’d normally eat. Lots of rice, a few potatoes, even some pasta. I actually think I looked fatter in the face than I did a week ago.

Argh!!!! Just ate a pack of chocolate digestives. I hate myself.

Went back up to 17st 10lbs doing half-hearted SlimmingWorld so I’ve decided to take a break from that and try the Michael Mosley Fast 800 Diet that everyone seems to be going on about at the moment.
Only on day 2 so can’t really say yet how it’s going (well, let’s be honest, I’m pretty hungry) although I have lost 6lb in the past week (reduced to 1000 cal a day for a week last week, apart from a few blips).
Food yesterday was griddled asparagus and boiled eggs; hummus and lots of veg; salmon stir fry.
Food today so far was hard boiled eggs with avocado; same lunch as yesterday (the hummus recipe made four portions so I’ve got it for four days); dinner is going to be baked peppers stuffed with sardines.
Sticking to around 800 cal.
I haven’t got the time restricted eating sorted yet though. I need to push back breakfast to about 10am ideally, rather than 7am. But I’m finding I’m hungry early on. I’d be fine eating dinner at 4pm, but the husband would have a fit.

Welcome back and good luck with the new plan.

I know it's not ideal but could you not have dinner at 4pm then husband can have dinner at his usual time?

Since my husband’s reaction to the dinners I present him with are pretty much without fail, “What is it?” with a look of disgust on his face, followed by, “Oh” with a slump of the shoulders when I tell him, I have decided to stop cooking double and let him have the food he prefers separately.

Which leaves me to make my own dinner whenever I like, meaning I can try out time restricted eating. Hopefully that’ll give me some unseen sciencey benefits like cell renewal and immense brainpower, or something. I’ve managed the whole ‘eat within an eight hour period’ thing today, so clearly by tomorrow I’ll be immortal.

Today’s menu was boiled eggs with griddled asparagus; hummus with raw veg; aubergine steaks with roasted carrots, pecans and spinach. Dinner was surprisingly lovely (just as well as I have the other half of it tomorrow, now that the hisband

Looking at the macros of the past couple of days in My Fitness Pal, I’m surprised how high it is in fat (50%+) but also how high it is in carbs (~30%.) I probably ought to try and up the protein a little - I haven’t had any meat for a few days so adding a little in would sort that.
Having said that I’ll be going to a BBQ on Sunday so I’ll definitely get some meat there. Because I’ll be having a big meal there at lunchtime, I’m going to try and make that my only meal that day, apart from some milk in tea in the morning.

Hello again Larissa and Dolly Rocker! Glad to see that you’re still around and both close to your goals! I can’t wait to be that close to goal.

Back