BMI same as my age!!

Great news, Kaysa. Good job!

I just packed a huge suitcase for holiday. It was full of clothes, five pairs of shoes and a very heavy wash bag.

It was really hard to lift it down the stairs.

I weighed it to check it’s within the luggage limit. It was 18kg, which is 39lb. That’s just 8lbs more than what I’ve lost so far.

I have nearly lost a huge suitcase of weight. So that case I can hardly lift was weighing on my joints five weeks ago.

Horrifying/amazing.

It turns out I didn’t manage to outrun my meals out this week. The scales today showed a 2lb gain. Pushing my BMI back over 40.

On the plus side I went down another notch on my belt today. That’s three notches down now!

I’m going to have to do all shakes today as it turns out I have one bar fewer than I need until I go away. I’ve not done that before and I think it will be tricky to have nothing solid at all for 24 hours.

Glad you had a nice time and that 2lbs will come back off.

It's crazy to think how our bodies cope with all that extra weight isn't it! Especially when we would never be able to carry it for long if it was in a bag.

Dxxx

Well I well and truly fell off the wagon at a wedding yesterday but back on it again from this morning. Friday should be interesting!!

What a great achievement on the BMI well done lovely!! 💪🏻

Well I well and truly fell off the wagon at a wedding yesterday but back on it again from this morning. Friday should be interesting!!

What a great achievement on the BMI well done lovely!! 💪🏻
One day out of 7 won’t make much of a difference. You’ll still have done 6 days of the diet. It’s probably a good thing to let your hair down once in a while. It’s only a problem if it becomes a daily treat rather than a weekly one. Well done for getting straight back on it.

I am really craving food today! I would eat just about anything. I am sooo hungry.

But, just two more days until I leave for the wedding, so there’s no room for slip ups now.

I just keep thinking of getting on that plane and being able to (I hope!) do up the seatbelt.

I am thinking of not being sniggered at by other travellers when I eat on holiday.

I am thinking of feeling slightly less of a lump in my outfit at the wedding and looking a bit less like a beanbag in all the photos.

I am thinking of that heavy suitcase and how much I’ve achieved and I don’t want to spoil it.

So I will persevere, fill up on endless glasses of water, and power on through to the final weigh in two days from now.

I am really craving food today! I would eat just about anything. I am sooo hungry.

But, just two more days until I leave for the wedding, so there’s no room for slip ups now.

I just keep thinking of getting on that plane and being able to (I hope!) do up the seatbelt.

M
You can do it hon.

This was me all day yesterday, just don't give in. It's all your mind, your body doesn't need it!

Dxxx
Dolly Rocker thanks for the pep talk. Just 48 hours to go and I will never have another milkshake! (Well, for at least two weeks...)

Keep on keeping on, Kaysa!

Back under the 40 BMI today - phew! It’s amazing how a very small amount of food knocked me off track for four days.

One more day until the final weigh in with my consultant. Two more days of eating Cambridge products. Then sunshine!

It should be an easy day today as I have no social engagements planned.

Tomorrow I’m going to take the reading on my scales as my actual weight, regardless of whether the consultant’s scales weigh lighter or heavier than them.

That’s because my own scales will be the ones I’ll be jumping on after the wedding/holiday, so they’ll be the true measure of how much I’ve put on while I’m away.

I am sooo hoping that my stomach will be so much smaller that I’ll feel full on very little food. I realise that effect will last for all of two days, but that’s still better than no days.

Double Yay to the BMI. I can't wait to be simply obese!

I was thinking about smaller tummy size - I bet you'll be making different decisions so will be eating less for longer - and maybe choosing different things. Toll on the sunshine!

My consultant has just been. She recorded 17st 7lb, a 10lb loss in the last 11 days.

So that’s a total loss of 33lb in 5.5 weeks. Pretty good seeing as I’ve had a lot of social occasions where I’ve eaten real food.

My own scales weigh a pound heavier so I’ve recorded my weight on here as 17st 8lb, so I can measure properly how much weight I put on on holiday.

I’ve also lost 14cm off my waist, 23cm off my hips and 15cm off my chest.

I’ve just drunk my final shake (yay!) and have two bars for the journey.

Thanks to everyone who’s supported me the past few weeks. I hope you all have a successful time for the next fortnight. Then I’ll be back and carrying on to my next goals.

Bye!

I am back! And it appears that I lost a pound while on holiday.

I’m not expecting that result to remain - it’s probably due to dehydration after a long day travelling yesterday. But it’s still quite exciting than the 7lb-14lb gain I was expecting to see on the scales this morning.

I stuck to my holiday rules religiously for the first week and a half. No potatoes, no bread or croissants, choose fish or whole pieces of meat, lots of salad/vegetables, one treat a day. But then the last few days the rules went out of the window and I had chocolate, cakes, pasta etc.

So I was expecting to pay for it on the scales today. It will probably catch up with me over the next few days.

And, contrary to plans made before holiday, I’m back on the Cambridge diet.

Two weeks of normal food has made me feel able to face existing on bars and shakes again, so my consultant is delivering two weeks’ worth of the lower-calorie Cambridge products.

I was also expecting a big gain today so phoned the consultant from Cyprus to ask her to get to me ASAP.

Let’s hope that two weeks of Cambridge will neutralise any holiday damage and lose me a few more pounds.

Despite me drinking loads of water before the consultant came today, her scales weighed me as staying the same during my holiday. And her scales weigh lighter than mine, so that puts me at 17st7lb on both scales.

So, goals between now and Christmas. I hope to lose 10lb in the next two weeks on Cambridge. I expect I’ll have a lot of water weight to lose after being on holiday and having lots of carbs for a few days.

Then after that, if I really focus and lose 3lb a week, by Christmas I’ll have lost... drum roll... six stone!!

Here’s my plan:
30 Aug - 17st7lb
13 Sep - 16st11lb
20 Sep - 16st8lb
27 Sep - 16st5lb
4 Oct - 16st2lb
11 Oct - 15st13lb
18 Oct - 15st10lb
25 Oct - 15st7lb
1 Nov - 15st4lb
8 Nov - 15st1lb
15 Nov - 14st12lb
22 Nov - 14st9lb
29 Nov - 14st6lb
6 Dec - 14st3lb
13 Dec - 14st
20 Dec - 13st11lb

Yes, it’s still miles away from where I want to be, but it will also be miles away from where I started. I’ll then set a new short-term goal in January.

I estimate it will take me to about a size 20, which will open up a lot of different clothes for me (boxed up from when I was last that size).

While I was on holiday I deliberately left behind some of my clothes that were too loose. My plan is to never shop for size 26 clothes again. So I just left them hanging in the wardrobe, metaphorically leaving behind the old me.

I’m not entirely sure how I’ll diet between now and Christmas. Now I’ve set out my goal and it seems tangible, I feel quite inspired. I’ll stick with Cambridge diet for the next fortnight then reassess. If I can stomach it I may carry on with it for longer because of the fast results. Or I may switch to Atkins for a week or two then back to Cambridge. I’ll decide at the end of the two weeks depending on how I’m feeling.

If I achieve my goal then by Christmas I’ll have lost TWO SUITCASES of weight!!

Another 2lb off this morning. Hooray!

I had conveniently forgotten though, in my two-week break, just how gassy the Cambridge diet makes me.

I walk two steps - trump! - bend over to load the washing machine - trump! - get up out of a chair - trump!

I think I’m hastening global warming!

Another 2lb off today! I have to say I’m more than a little bit excited about the results so far.

Today however I’m going to a friend’s house for lunch so won’t have any control over what I eat. Obviously I won’t go crazy, but equally can’t be rude and not eat what she’s cooked.

So I’m expecting a gain tomorrow.

Still, at least my results so far this week will buoy me up and inspire me to eat as well as possible today.

Oh dear...

Eating out yesterday was not the restrained occasion I had envisaged. I ate chips. And chocolate cake. And a lot of crisps.

I didn’t dare step on the scales this morning.

On the way plus side it meant I got to 10.30am today before I even thought about wanting breakfast.

No planned social occasions this week yet, phew.

I’ve stayed the same. That’s probably the best I could hope for considering my day of indulgence.

I found yesterday hard. The food the day before threw me out, and I was really hungry in the afternoon and evening.

I felt like cheating but thankfully didn’t.

I’m hoping to be back on track and see a loss tomorrow.

Back