BMI

Not obsessed - just mindful. :) I am fully aware that a very fit rugby player on weight and height alone could be classed as obese using basic bmi scale. :confused: I am also aware that someone who is classed as a healthy weight may have an unhealthy layer of fat around their vital organs.:confused:

For me it is a rough guide to tell me where I should be - I have a 3 stone band width instead of obsessing about a specific weight

xxx

I think BMI is generally a good guide for the MAJORITY of the population but for atheletes and children its not accurate.

Not obsessed - just mindful. :) I am fully aware that a very fit rugby player on weight and height alone could be classed as obese using basic bmi scale. :confused: I am also aware that someone who is classed as a healthy weight may have an unhealthy layer of fat around their vital organs.:confused:

For me it is a rough guide to tell me where I should be - I have a 3 stone band width instead of obsessing about a specific weight

xxx

That sounds like a really good idea. I think I've got a bit obsessed with getting into the 'right BMI' as my only goal and as long as I'm getting plenty of exercise hopefully that nasty fat round my organs should be banished. Maybe some of us need to be a bit more lenient on ourselves!

Sounds like a plan!!!

You'll get to where you want to be where you feel comfortable in your own skin. That's all any of us can ask for :)

xxx

I think BMI is generally a good guide for the MAJORITY of the population but for atheletes and children its not accurate.
There is special BMI chart for children , I use it at work.

oh yeah i know theres one for children, but even then i dont think its accurate as it doesnt take into frame size.... i've seen giant kids and equally mini kids

Although not obsessed I would love to be classed as a healthy weight. Being being the wrong side of 40 will maybe have to accept a slightly heavier weight so I dont look too thin around the face.

Who was is said women over 40 have to choose between face and bum? Lose too much off your bum and your face is too thin. Lose enough off your face and your bum is too big. Nice idea for me my bum is the only area that's flat!

When I was a healthy BMI before I had my kids my waist was still in the too big section - Ive always been apple shaped and a bit pot bellied - so I reckon Ill have to be a right skinny minny to be in the healthy BMI and waist circumference pile

Although not obsessed I would love to be classed as a healthy weight. Being being the wrong side of 40 will maybe have to accept a slightly heavier weight so I dont look too thin around the face.

Who was is said women over 40 have to choose between face and bum? Lose too much off your bum and your face is too thin. Lose enough off your face and your bum is too big. Nice idea for me my bum is the only area that's flat!

I think there's something psychologically beneficial to being 'officially classed as healthy' so I know what you mean.

I'm sure you have a lovely bum. And a lovely face as well!

When I was a healthy BMI before I had my kids my waist was still in the too big section - Ive always been apple shaped and a bit pot bellied - so I reckon Ill have to be a right skinny minny to be in the healthy BMI and waist circumference pile

It just goes to show that sometimes our different body shapes don't conform with all the expectations upon us to be 'proper'! Either we're in the 'healthy' BMI but we're not the right waist circumference or we're not getting enough exercise or we're trying our hardest and still classified as 'obese' or 'overweight'! Sometimes feels like we can't really win.

Back