BMI

lhs78

It looks as though I have hit a BMI of 25, although I still want to lose another 1.5-2stone. I have been advised by a Cambridge Diet expert that I should now be moving onto a different 'solution' because otherwise my metabolism will be screwed!!!
I've lost 11lbs in two weeks and really don't want to put this back on so realise that I need to introduce food again sensibly.
A few questions though:
I've planned to up calories by 200 every two weeks until I am up to 1200 calories, using the food allowed in the Cambridge list. Will I still lose weight? Is the aim to stay in Ketosis, even when up to 1200 calories? Do i add carbs when I am at my desired weight?
Thanks in advance!

When doing the Route to Management phase of lighterlife the first few weeks are very restrictive and predominantly based around a low GI diet. Any sort of refined carbs are out and the first meals generally revolve around something and salad. Low fat cottage cheese, Poached Chicken breast, Tuna etc.

After being off food for 20 weeks I acutally lost 12 pounds in the first few weeks of route to management. As you slowly reduce the number of packs and increase you food intake, do exactly what you said you would. Write everything down and average out your calories while continuing to monitor your weight. I found this really helped me and I could actually see on the record where was too much. I think I got up to around 1800 a day without gaining but once I upped it to 2000 for a week or 2, I started to gain. After a while I stopped writing it down and that's when the weight started going back on.

I would stay away from the heavy carbs for a little while. Especially if you still want to lose a bit. JUst don't panic when some goes back on. YOu can reasonably expect to put most of what you lost in your first week back on just by replenishing glycogen stores etc (once carbs are a regualr part of your diet again).

It does seem you have the two best things you need to succeed. The willingness to write things down and 'the fear'. Never lose either and you'll do just fine. :)

I'm quite nervous about doing it, but obviously want to get my metabolism working properly. Thanks for the info
So, should I keep the amount of carbs I eat a day to roughly what is in the shakes so I can stay in ketosis?

Back