BMI

Hm I agree with all the comments above.

According to my bmi, to be in the healthy range I need to lose about 5 or 6 stone. I don't really believe that, as I know that I have a big bone structure.. Maybe once I lose the 3 or 4 stone that I target for then I'll be able to tell if I should lose that extra 2 stone, but I think it'd make me look ill. Everyone (including the nurse, and friends) I told about LL turned round to me and said "well you don't look overly overweight now, but if that's what you want to do then fine".
It's a good guideline but I won't be using it as gospel by any means. When I'm a size 10 or 12, I'll stop losing weight no matter what the bmi says.

I think it should give 3 sets of BMI ...Skinny,Medium,Large builds then work from that.

That makes sense Glen.

I agree it's not the main target, but for me BMI seems to work just fine. I was just edging under 25 when people started to say I didn't look overweight any more. I am getting regular exercise as part of my weightloss, but not the sort that builds up more muscle than the average person has.

I'm mainly aiming to look a certain size, but it is a comfort to me now to think that by basic medical standards I would not be considered overweight.

Back