Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

I always fancy chocolate on weekends, but as long as I know I can have some each Friday I'm more likely to keep on track. So Fridays will be my maintenance days!

I've worked out calories for the day as if it were a 1050 day, and have managed to hit my protein and fiber targets, and will be having apples, berries, broccoli and Greek yogurt over the course of the day too.. So have 1050 calories I can use for chocolate or a treat - think I fancy a WW lasagne with steamed veg and broccoli!

That's great! As you said its not always easy to hit the fibre target and stay within your cals.
Eating guilt free chocolate will be so much nicer :)

I know :) I'm working things out for the day food wise now using MFP.. Must remember the no carbs after lunch rule on maintenance days!

How's your day been? Did you manage to get all your fibre in?

Fibre-sure. 1tsp/day provides all your dietary fibre needs. Drink, eat or bake with it. I used to hide it in whatever I was cooking, I couldn't taste it. (had a bit of a loo problem when I was pregnant). Anyway, half a teaspoon in a yogurt, quarter teaspoon in two warm drinks over the course of a day and the fibre problem is solved. Or in my case as i drink so much tea i just threw it in there (i have to admit i used to take my tsp all at once since then I wouldn't forget it) Available in supermarkets and not incredibly expensive as a jar lasts quite a long time.

gentoo/aptenny

Thanks gentoo, that's worth looking into :)

I don't have fiber problems, but Bob Harper advises to get 30-50g over the course of the day through fiber rich foods, so I don't think we'd be able to use that stuff anyway cause I think it defeats the purpose of the rule. But thank you! :)

I have now lost 5lb in 10 days!!! So now officially at my goal weight......Thank you Bob Harper!!!!

That's amazing! Well done!! I'm on official day 1 of the plan today, LO has woken me up so time to drink some water & then have breakfast.. I don't think I'll manage any exercise today. I was planning on heading to the gym at 9 but LO had me up all night & now I just feel worn out and run down! :(

Good luck today.
No point pushing yourself if your tired. A few days and you'll be full of energy!!

I think I have some sort of bug, my stomach is really sore and keeps cramping :( just wanna spend all day in bed I think! Not sure I'll be eating much of anything today, worried I won't keep it down..

Question about broccoli - I dont mind the taste, but the texture puts me off, and I wanna make sure I'm eating it cause of all the good things about it & it'll help me reach my fiber target. Do you think I could cook some, then blend it into a purée and use it as a sauce for some Wholegrain pasta? I can't think of any other way to make it bare able for me to eat!

Sorry your not feeling well. Best take it easy today.
That sounds a very good idea about the brocolli. Most people would avoid it, so it's great your willing to try it.

I've always liked the taste of it but it's the texture that bugs me and the fact that the florets are quite big and tree like, lol! I'm just going to rest today & stick to dry foods and hopefully my stomach will ease up.

I'm looking online to find reviews and results of people who've followed the skinny rules, but so far no luck finding anything. Did you say that some people have lost up to 10lbs their first week? How did you find that out?

I follow him on Facebook (sad I know), and there are lots of comments from people who are following the plan.

I'll have to check it out, thanks! And again congratulations on getting down to goal. Really envious of you but chuffed for you at the same time cause you've worked so hard & bloody deserve it!

You can actually pick up a few tips from him and the other comments.

Thanks, have had a huge smile on my face all morning! :)

Sorry for butting in. The book sounds good. I just wanted to ask does it give advice also on mentally sticking to a plan as well as what to eat and how to exercise? Sometimes I think what I need is help with motivation so I just wonder if it gives that. Thanks :)

Rocky Road: I found losing weight every single day the motivation I needed. You can instantly see the results, so the extra effort is worth it.

The book explains a lot and tries to steer you in the right direction. The main focus are the skinny rules though.

Lauren: can you offer any advice? It's a few weeks since I have read the book, so I can only remember the rules
Hope your feeling a bit better by the way

Thanks Shazzabir. I think I'll order it for my kindle as that way I get it quicker. Sometimes books aren't as good on Kindle but I am an impatient sod lol.

Back