Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

It's meant to be half your body weight in grams isn't it? I'm 182lbs so making sure I hit between 90-100g a day. x

laurenmay said:
It's meant to be half your body weight in grams isn't it? I'm 182lbs so making sure I hit between 90-100g a day. x

That makes sense, I was thinking double! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Has anyone looked at the scales yet?????

Shazzabir said:
Has anyone looked at the scales yet?????

Mine haven't moved yet, but hoping its fluid retention as exercising every night. You ?

Bought the book - gotta read it now.

Welcome aboard MinnieMel..!! x

Thanks.

I have strayed away from Bob and now feeling very bloated and horrible. So back on plan today. I have a 10k race on Sunday, so will be modifying slightly towards the end of the week so I can have carbs in an afternoon. I struggle a little bit with my running when I am low on carbs.

Hope everyone else is doing ok :)

so has anyone noticed a difference from following the skinny rules?

I lost weight everyday I was following the plan. I got to my goal weight quicker than I thought possible.
I only follow for a day or so now as I still keep losing. Need to adjust the plan so I can eat healthy but not lose anymore weight. I do love the energy it gives you though :)

Shazzabir said:
I lost weight everyday I was following the plan. I got to my goal weight quicker than I thought possible.
I only follow for a day or so now as I still keep losing. Need to adjust the plan so I can eat healthy but not lose anymore weight. I do love the energy it gives you though :)

Great endorsement. How much weight did you want to lose and how long did it take?

I've been reading The Skinny Rules today and taking notes. I am finding it all so sensible. I have CLA supplements and am going to add them to other supplements I started taking after I broke my wrist. Now, I need to weight train - build that muscle and boost m metabolism.

When I started this plan I had 5lb to lose until I hit my goal weight. I had been calorie counting prior to this. I had been stuck at this point for a good 9 months, I just couldn't shift the last few lbs.
The first day I started skinny rules I lost weight, I did the plan for 10 days and lost 5lb. Considering I was 9st 2lb, that was a lot of weight to lose for my size.
Reading some of the reviews, some are losing up to 10lb a week (not sure what they weigh though).

Shazzabir said:
When I started this plan I had 5lb to lose until I hit my goal weight. I had been calorie counting prior to this. I had been stuck at this point for a good 9 months, I just couldn't shift the last few lbs.
The first day I started skinny rules I lost weight, I did the plan for 10 days and lost 5lb. Considering I was 9st 2lb, that was a lot of weight to lose for my size.
Reading some of the reviews, some are losing up to 10lb a week (not sure what they weigh though).

Thanks. I would like to weigh about what you weigh - but I am willing to weigh about 9.5 stone. However, I have about 2 stone to lose to get there.

What was your top weight - and did you only calorie count or do other diets before that. Thanks Again - I find this so interesting - breaking through plateaus, etc.

I started at 10st 10.5lb and I tried WW, but ended up putting weight on. I then started CC about 17 mths ago. I got so close to goal many times, but could not get there. Was very frustrating. I found if I stuck to my cals and exercised the scales were always the same. Then I tried really high days and low days, but I was forever paying back the extra lbs that I had put on.
The skinny rules just worked for me and with little exercise. Now I can enjoy myself at a w/e knowing a couple of days on plan and I have made up for it.
If I had started this when I first started losing, I am pretty certain I would have been at goal within a few mths.
The only downside to this plan is the exercise, I am a runner and not having carbs after lunch does cause bit of a problem running before breakfast.

Shazzabir said:
I started at 10st 10.5lb and I tried WW, but ended up putting weight on. I then started CC about 17 mths ago. I got so close to goal many times, but could not get there. Was very frustrating. I found if I stuck to my cals and exercised the scales were always the same. Then I tried really high days and low days, but I was forever paying back the extra lbs that I had put on.
The skinny rules just worked for me and with little exercise. Now I can enjoy myself at a w/e knowing a couple of days on plan and I have made up for it.
If I had started this when I first started losing, I am pretty certain I would have been at goal within a few mths.
The only downside to this plan is the exercise, I am a runner and not having carbs after lunch does cause bit of a problem running before breakfast.

Thanks so much. This s very helpful. I'm not a fan of running, but I do enjoy aqua fit, Zumba, aerobics, etc.

Do u still eat vegetable with carbs after lunch? Need to buy this book just to try and get some fibre ideas never seems to get enough...

Donzy84 said:
Do u still eat vegetable with carbs after lunch? Need to buy this book just to try and get some fibre ideas never seems to get enough...

Just looked back on MFP and the most I've had in a day is 25g...

Donzy84 said:

Yes, he has a month of menus with recipes and breaks it down by men and women. One dinner lists steamed broccoli, etc.

Have oatmeal (porridge) for breakfast and mix in a tablespoon of Linwood's cocoa, acai, etc mixture for Holland and Barretts. And if you added a 1/4 cup of blueberries or strawberries or a combo (on the side or mixed in) Bib would be so proud! You you'd be shocked at the fiber in this meal.

Two years ago I went for a "well woman" check - pelvic with pap, mammo, urine test, blood work, and if anything had been amiss they might have done more tests. (American thing - its called preventative care.)

Anyway, when the practitioner called to give me blood work results - she asked if I was by any chance a tri-athlete! She does the blood work for all the young male U.S. forces in the UK - and she said that she as only seen blood chemistry this good with the tri- athletes! I told her, "I'm a 48 year old, mother of two, former teacher, who does a little fitness - but would never run or swim those parts of a triathlon (too much effort)! I also old her my BMI was between 27 and 28!". Then she had me go over my diet -- and she said, "You have oatmeal EVERY DAY. Then that is probably a big part of your outstanding blood results.". Then she told me to lose weight - that my bmi should be as close to 22.5 as I could maintain. Lol

Bit the bullet and ordered £11.51 on play.com with next day delivery xxx

Back