Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

Well, despite being told that the book was out of stock, I went in store anyway and found three copies on the shelf still wrapped! So got myself a copy and off shopping later.

Sounds like it is working for you all and I can't wait to join in the success!

Have a good week ahead!

sammyzip50 said:
Well, despite being told that the book was out of stock, I went in store anyway and found three copies on the shelf still wrapped! So got myself a copy and off shopping later.

Sounds like it is working for you all and I can't wait to join in the success!

Have a good week ahead!

That's great!!

Hi, has anyone made the turkey meatballs yet? I did the other day and they fell to pieces when I was cooking and thought there was too much rice to put in them. I have made my own meatballs before with beef mince and I use 4 crackers instead of 12 the recipe suggests. Do you think I should try with less rice? It also tasted a bit tasteless but I think I didn't use enough salt and pepper. I was thinking of adding mustard like I do with the beef ones. What do you think?
Take care x

lostkelly said:
Hi, has anyone made the turkey meatballs yet? I did the other day and they fell to pieces when I was cooking and thought there was too much rice to put in them. I have made my own meatballs before with beef mince and I use 4 crackers instead of 12 the recipe suggests. Do you think I should try with less rice? It also tasted a bit tasteless but I think I didn't use enough salt and pepper. I was thinking of adding mustard like I do with the beef ones. What do you think?
Take care x

I love the meatballs...!! I have made them several times and they have not fallen to pieces, could be the rice. Sorry to ask, but you did use an egg to bind it all together? I found adding 3 garlics and Italian herbs made them tastier. No harm adding mustard, would be interested to know how they taste.

I've made turkey meatballs for years, but I use some whole grain crackers instead of rice. The egg is important to bind it. I had a little low sodoium soy sauce and other Italian spices.

lostkelly said:
Take care x

Did u measure the rice cooked or uncooked? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
Did u measure the rice cooked or uncooked? X

Oh good point... It would need to be cooked rice.

Uncooked! Whoops there was my problem, no wonder they fell apart!
I will definitely try them again. They weren't horrible just a tasteless mush! Lol. I may try a batch as recipe and one with mustard. X

Bob says I carbs after lunch in one place and then says after three in another. I think the idea is to have any carbs at breakfast and lunch and make your evening meal low carb. He says no calories after 8, but then explains re: shift workers - no calories 3 hours before going to bed. "go to bed a little hungry" - it boosts your metabolism.
Thanks

Not quite sure how I will fit in rule 18. Not so much the hunger but timing. I do exercise class at 6.30pm and get home by 8pm. Shower and then eating could be 8.30/9pm. I'm not planning to stay up to midnight to clock in 3 hours before sleeping.

What do you all do?

Sammy, my lunch tends to be my main meal, than I have something lighter when I get home from work. Can you eat a chicken salad or something light shortly before u exercise? How many evenings do you exercise?

I've read loads of people recommend this book but just wonder how it works. I'm already following a specific diet plan so can I just incorporate certain things from the book that I choose or is it like a proper diet plan? Don't want to spend money on it if it's a proper diet plan.

How does it work?

emmie251980 said:
I've read loads of people recommend this book but just wonder how it works. I'm already following a specific diet plan so can I just incorporate certain things from the book that I choose or is it like a proper diet plan? Don't want to spend money on it if it's a proper diet plan.

How does it work?

What diet plan are you in now? Shazzabir posted the rules near the beginning of this post so you'll know whether u can include x

What diet plan are you in now? Shazzabir posted the rules near the beginning of this post so you'll know whether u can include x

Ahh thanks for that, missed the attachment. I'm following the closer diets plan so can incorporate a fair few rules I think.

Thanks x

emmie251980 said:
Ahh thanks for that, missed the attachment. I'm following the closer diets plan so can incorporate a fair few rules I think.

Thanks x

Yea a lot of the rules are common sense its just sticking to them that's hard x

I'll check when I get home. I think not - more like "have your rice or pasta at lunch". The beans and pluses have lots of fiber and are low in net carbs.

MinnieMel said:
I'll check when I get home. I think not - more like "have your rice or pasta at lunch". The beans and pluses have lots of fiber and are low in net carbs.

I wondered that too, I know u can't have quinoa in evening. And he also says lean and grean for evening....

Sammy, my lunch tends to be my main meal, than I have something lighter when I get home from work. Can you eat a chicken salad or something light shortly before u exercise? How many evenings do you exercise?

Hi Shazzabir,

Thanks for your suggestions. I would have to eat about 5pm and I exercise three evening a week at the same time. I might just have to just eat light afterwards like a soup with some veg thrown in.

Update:

I started on Monday and with some adaptions (not planned just getting used to the rules and finding my way) it looks like I am down 2 pounds. I feel quite pleased about this as I have been struggling to lose weight for some months. I am following Bob's rules and some advice from a nutritionist and both seem to compliment each other. For me I am eliminating wheat and dairy milk as well.

So let's see how it goes. How is everyone else doing?

Back