Bob Harper - The Skinny Rules

sammyzip50 said:
Update:

I started on Monday and with some adaptions (not planned just getting used to the rules and finding my way) it looks like I am down 2 pounds. I feel quite pleased about this as I have been struggling to lose weight for some months. I am following Bob's rules and some advice from a nutritionist and both seem to compliment each other. For me I am eliminating wheat and dairy milk as well.

So let's see how it goes. How is everyone else doing?

I've not lost anything for a fair few days now which is frustrating as have had a few naughty things but have stayed within my 1200 kcals, hope it picks up soon. What about everyone else x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Donzy84 said:
I've not lost anything for a fair few days now which is frustrating as have had a few naughty things but have stayed within my 1200 kcals, hope it picks up soon. What about everyone else x

You sound like me. I'm hoping I'm having "carb bloat" and I'll show a drop. Tightening up on THE RULES! I am feeling filter and my clothes are looser.

Yes hopefully thst'll be it. I have had some biccies and some chocolate and had wine on Saturday night. Off shopping tomorrow to stock cupboards back up x

Donzy84 said:
Yes hopefully thst'll be it. I have had some biccies and some chocolate and had wine on Saturday night. Off shopping tomorrow to stock cupboards back up x

I'm having my "nutricious breakfast within an hour of waking" -- although, it was more than hour today.

Yep had mine too, forgot my big glass of water though! I find that the hardest rule! As I always forget until i'm half way through! X

Donzy84 said:
Yep had mine too, forgot my big glass of water though! I find that the hardest rule! As I always forget until i'm half way through! X

I leave an empty glass by the coffee maker.

Ahhhh I was 100% yesterday and scales are saying I've gained 2 lbs!!!! What! :-(

Donzy84 said:
Ahhhh I was 100% yesterday and scales are saying I've gained 2 lbs!!!! What! :-(

That is so annoying!
Have you been doing lots of exercise?

I have had a very bad week with car problems and family problems, so came off the plan.

Not looking to start properly again until Monday. I am running this morning and Sunday, so didn't want to start the plan as I need lots of carbs to run longer distances. I will probably only do Skinny rules during the week and bulk up on carbs for my long runs at a w/e.
Fortunately I only gained a lb for a week off, so will soon make up for it!!

Shazzabir said:
That is so annoying!
Have you been doing lots of exercise?

No haven't exercised in two day :-(
I know it's impossible to gain 2 lbs of fat but it's frustrating x

Still keen to keeping going with Bob's rules. I got slightly side tracked yesterday and feel a bit disappointed by this. I don't want to mess it up. Lesson learnt that I need to be more prepared and have back up foods just in case.

Have a good weekend!

Yep me too that first glass of water is hard, I have to set a reminder / alarm on my phone to remind me to have it or I get side tracked

Do you think it matters if the berries are frozen ?

Carrieblue said:
Do you think it matters if the berries are frozen ?

Nope. Both Bob and say Frozen berries and veggies are fine.

Last edited:

It will shift. I must admit though any slight veering off from the 'rules' seem to make the difference. I had my splurge meal on Sat and didn't go mad funnily enough but I gained 2 pounds the next morning and my stomach was bloated. Back down again on the scales and the stomach. I sometimes forget some of the rules but it is still early days for me.

sammyzip50 said:
It will shift. I must admit though any slight veering off from the 'rules' seem to make the difference. I had my splurge meal on Sat and didn't go mad funnily enough but I gained 2 pounds the next morning and my stomach was bloated. Back down again on the scales and the stomach. I sometimes forget some of the rules but it is still early days for me.

I noticed you lose the weight quickly, but can also put it on quickly!! I am on a mission to find the balance in between, so if I go off plan I know the minimum I need to do before the weight starts to go back on.

When you're on a diet where you are eating less than your body needs, you're also consuming fewer salts - and some of the big losses in the beginning can be attributed to loss of water alone.
Those few pounds are quickly "back on" again if you have a bigger meal or eat out - there's a number of reasons why your weight is never 100% the same.
For an accurate observation of weight change you do need a longer time frame - no need to stress out over a pound. :)

HI All,

Hope you been having a good week. Well, for me I managed to do a zumba class and I have retro groove tonight. I weighed in this morning and lost a pound. Was hoping for more but I have accept that a loss is a loss.

How is everyone?

Heya I'm doing well, managing to stick to most rules but not hit fibre target for few days x

Heya I'm doing well, managing to stick to most rules but not hit fibre target for few days x

That's great. I don't think we can always follow Bob but I guess as much as possible most of the time?

Anyway have a great weekend everyone! I'm going to Bintan in Indonesia for the weekend as it is my wedding anniversary tomorrow. Catch up in the week!

Back