• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

% body fat measurer

I have a gadget that measures body fat, you put in height, weight, age and sex, it sends a harmless electric current through your body, and tells you your BMI, BMR calorific requirement, and body fat %. My question is this, does anyone else have one of these measurers and what is your body fat %?? I am a bit worried, as mine seems awfully high at 40%!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
hiya

I did have one but put it in the bin, mine was useless. DH bought it for me when I started CD at the beginning of the year. When I first measured it was really high, can't remember the % but it had 4 picture indicators at the bottom, slim person to v.large person & I was in the last group. three months & three stones lighter, at my goal, I was still really high & in the last but one picture, so still fat in other words & this with a BMI of about 23!! Mine was a cheapy off Ebay, which probably had a lot to do with it, I know some of them are reliable, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.:)

I have a gadget that measures body fat, you put in height, weight, age and sex, it sends a harmless electric current through your body, and tells you your BMI, BMR calorific requirement, and body fat %. My question is this, does anyone else have one of these measurers and what is your body fat %?? I am a bit worried, as mine seems awfully high at 40%!!
Like the sound of that one - where did you get it ??

Oh right - yeah I got one of those when it was going fro £5 - didnt know it gave BMR as well - will have to go an dig it out.

The last number I got was so depressing - so much so that I am too embarrassed to even share what it was - I am convinced that it is broken :D :D :D

Shrinking Nicky

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Have a look at this link.

Body Fat percentage chart

When I first started CD I was 47% (OMG), when I stopped I was 23.5%, I can't measure it now as I am expecting. On average I lost 1% a week. Some things to consider when using a basic one are: having a shower, doing excercise or sometimes even the weather can effect the reading.

I tell all my customers the 3 things to consider are your weight (& hence BMI), your body fat % and your measurements. If you are excercising whilst dieting your weight loss will be slower, however your body fat % will reduce quicker.

Hope this is useful.

Nicky
CDC Swindon

KD

Gone fishing
Interesting to see that chart you posted Nicky. Quite scary though:eek:

My body fat is about 28-29, sometimes goes down to 27. According to the chart I use, this means I'm in the 'good' bracket :) here

The one WLR gives puts me on the lower end of 'healthy' here

The chart you posted puts me into the overweight bracket :eek::confused: