Body Fat Test . . . *Hmmm*

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
I'm not sure i completely agree with these results just by typing in some measurements but its made me think anyway . . . Is 22% fat really that bad?!

Your Results
You have 22% body fat.
You have 38.1 Pounds of fat and 134.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

See it for yourself:
Home Body Fat Test

That would fit with your goal though right? It says 38.1lbs and you're wanting to lose 39lb. Though I think that 20% is the 'normal' and 'healthy' amount. And because it's just based on a few measurements, I doubt it is all that reliable as you say.

Wait just thought about it, but then you'd have no body fat which isn't right!! Must be very wrong then!

Yeahyour right it does fit with my goal, when i get there i'll do this calculator again and see what it says lol :D

I've just done this

21.6% fat
30lb of fat and 109lb lean blah blah blah

The healthy/norm for a caucasian woman is 22%

but there is now way i need to lose 30lb, our bodies require a certain amount of fat so we shouldn't aim to banish every single ounce. I will keep my goal the same, but am pleased to see that i am not as 'fat' as i think.

I'm liking the sound of the norm being 22%. . .
But there again it is just a calculator on a website. I was just intrigued so will leave it at that lol x

I've just done this

21.6% fat
30lb of fat and 109lb lean blah blah blah

The healthy/norm for a caucasian woman is 22%

but there is now way i need to lose 30lb, our bodies require a certain amount of fat so we shouldn't aim to banish every single ounce. I will keep my goal the same, but am pleased to see that i am not as 'fat' as i think.

I don't think it's saying you need to lose 30lbs of fat, you're not meant to not have any fat on you. Because of the percentage I think it's actually saying you're good where you are. But there's so much it doesn't consider, I don't think you can calculate your BFP using measurements accurately really.

so so glad my cdc has fancy scales that tells me all this plus how much my muscle weighs and how much my fat weighs all over my body lol:eek:

Mine are meant to but I can't work them out, they're old, I need new ones!

Common ladies - don't you know that everything you read on the internet is 100% accurate?!??!?

Honestly, something that only takes into account measurements and not frame doesn't sound credible. Plus its not a substitute for an actual test done at the doc to see how many pounds of body fat you have. And really, if someone actually listed to the advice of this website and attempted to lose all their body fat, they'd probably end up anorexic with more fat than muscle mass.

I did not say i intended to attempt to lose all of my body fat, nor does the website in question suggest that you do!

A previous thread posted by Caroline g took a wrist meaurement to determine build...... this site also took a wrist measurement, probably for the same reason and therefore probably DOES consider build.

I resent the implication that i intend to even attempt to lose ALL of my fat, that isn't what my post said nor is it what i plan to do, i am an educated woman and it clearly states in my post "our bodies require a certain amount of fat so we shouldn't aim to banish every single ounce".

T

I resent the implication that i intend to even attempt to lose ALL of my fat, that isn't what my post said nor is it what i plan to do, i am an educated woman and it clearly states in my post "our bodies require a certain amount of fat so we shouldn't aim to banish every single ounce".

T

If that was in relation to my post, that wasn't how I intended my response to be, I wasn't meaning to imply that. I apologise if that's how it came across.

To be honest Caroline it was a combination of 2 posts, got me a bit vexed, but i have said my bit and i'm now able to move past it. But thank you for your apology x

To be honest Caroline it was a combination of 2 posts, got me a bit vexed, but i have said my bit and i'm now able to move past it. But thank you for your apology x

Just to clarify though, I was actually agreeing with you, maybe it just didn't come out right. I was agreeing that you're not meant to not have any fat on you, and was just trying to say that what it was saying was actually a good thing. But again, if it came out wrong and caused offence, I apologise.

:hug99::hug99: I probably over-reacted, you know how this diet can make us sensitive, and like i said it wasn't just your post.

T x

I know, I can be very much like that. I just wanted you to know that I was actually agreeing with you, even if I didn't make it sound that way :) You're doing really well, keep at it!

Home Body Fat Test

Learn your body fat percentage with this quick and easy tool.

How Accurate Is This Body Fat Test?
For some people, however, the results of the tape measure test may not come so close to their true percent body fat. People who are very, very fit can get numbers 3 to 5 percent higher than their true percent body fat. Because they don't have a lot of fat inside their muscles, very fit people may be lower in body fat than this tape measure test indicates.
Conversely, if a person is skinny but not fit, this body fat test may yield a number 3 to 5 percent lower than his or her true percent body fat. Though they look thin, unfit skinny people really have more than the usual amount of fat inside their muscles, which you can't see from the outside.

Your Results
You have 28.5% body fat.
You have 42.5 Pounds of fat and 106.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I know I have at least 17 pounds to lose, but but to be in the ideal fat to muscle ratio using this tool - I need to tone up, too. The site says thin and unfit get inaccurate ratios, as do fat and fit.

MM

I apologize if I wasn't very clear and I misunderstood and thought the website was trying to tell you to lose all of your body fat - not that you'd actually take the advice. I realize that you're an educated woman and you'd never put yourself in danger. From my understanding of the website it was trying to imply that women should lose the fat, which of course is dangerous to those who don't know better.

Back