Body magic buddy, where are you?!

Yes lol went to group for a few weeks but it was rubbish. Didn't like it. It was in the evenings and was too long and too dull!

Well done on the walking.. Soon it'll be a breeze to walk there and back!

Yeah mine is pretty pants too, maybe I'll try a different group? We have a new leader starting tomo I'll see what she's like first. There is one lady there she lost 6st so far she is an inspiration to me she loses every week. And yes I hope I will get fitter at least! x

Hiya Ladies!

How are you all doing?

body magic update:

I have misinformed you a bit, its actually easier than I said it was. The book says

"to claim your first award, and all the accolades that come with it, you'll do:
*45 minutes of moderately intense activity per week in 5, 10, or 15 minute sesions-whatever fits in best with your lifestyle
*spread over at least 3 days
*maintained for at least 4 weeks"

So yay, even the 5 minute bits count!

Had a good group this week and an ok loss, 1 1/2lb! I was a little disappointed that it wasnt more, as I did the super speed challenge thats on sw website. Apparently if you eat at least 5 speed/superspeed foods a day for a week it will boost your weight loss. Well I lost 3lb when not doing the challenge and 1 1/2 when I did the challenge so.. meh!

So yesterday I did lots of walking I recon about 2 hours all together but only 15 mins of that really walking fast, and with a baby strapped on too. So that counts as 15 mins toewards my 45 eh :bunnydance: Ooo that reminds me, dancing! I used to dance all the time these days Im too pooped but might try 5 minutes while Im waiting for the kettle to boil/dinner to cook. With the radio on of course, Im not a complete nutter!

x

Hiya Ladies!

How are you all doing?

body magic update:

I have misinformed you a bit, its actually easier than I said it was. The book says

"to claim your first award, and all the accolades that come with it, you'll do:
*45 minutes of moderately intense activity per week in 5, 10, or 15 minute sesions-whatever fits in best with your lifestyle
*spread over at least 3 days
*maintained for at least 4 weeks"

So yay, even the 5 minute bits count!

Had a good group this week and an ok loss, 1 1/2lb! I was a little disappointed that it wasnt more, as I did the super speed challenge thats on sw website. Apparently if you eat at least 5 speed/superspeed foods a day for a week it will boost your weight loss. Well I lost 3lb when not doing the challenge and 1 1/2 when I did the challenge so.. meh!

So yesterday I did lots of walking I recon about 2 hours all together but only 15 mins of that really walking fast, and with a baby strapped on too. So that counts as 15 mins toewards my 45 eh :bunnydance: Ooo that reminds me, dancing! I used to dance all the time these days Im too pooped but might try 5 minutes while Im waiting for the kettle to boil/dinner to cook. With the radio on of course, Im not a complete nutter!

x

Ooooo so if i go for a 10 minute walk etc than can count towards? I have been swimming again this morning before work! :D xx

Ooooo so if i go for a 10 minute walk etc than can count towards? I have been swimming again this morning before work! :D xx

It sure does! As long as its not a gentle stroll, and you get your heart up a little bit, and the swimming definately counts! x

Just updated my slimmingworld online weigh in and looked at my predicted chart looks like if I carry on like this I wont be able to go on the beach on my summer holls without people asking me when the baby is due :( (not pregnant) Why cant I put it on everywhere like a normal person?

So I gotta up the ante!

I gotta moooove mah bootie! :hide: :read: :whip:

:greenapple: :whacky068::bliss:

And not just in emoticons either, that doesnt work (tried it, heart rate didnt increase) This is the kick up the pants I needed, byeeeeeeee (for now):bolt:

Im dreading summer hols atm... just want to feel good for it & not worry about other people! where are you off on your hols? :D

also do you know if wii fit counts towards it? xx

3rd time lucky I kept trying to post my computer kept dying :cry:

Yes the wii fit counts its really good I might get one actually everyone keeps going on about it it sounds cool :cool:

We're just off to the west country for our holls, and the way Im looking at it is this: its the last year I'll have to worry about going on the beach! Yay! I'm going to get one of those beach dresses, you know, the patterned gauze ones? They go over your cozzie. Ive seen some in primark so I know they exist, but will look elsewhere. Might get a maxi one I'll see how my legs are. Or maybe a sarong.

Im going to Sally Hansen my legs, its about a tenner for a can but 2 cans normally last me the summer. Its not fake tan so not orange its leg makeup and hides scars, thread veins, and to a certain extent hides cellulite and varicose veins too (makes them not blue, yuk!) The only thing it doesnt do is shave them, darn it! Its great cos its not a stain, it washes off with soap but not water so can get wet on the beach etc without it coming off.

Also Im gonna get film star glasses and a big chunky bangle to go with my broze/gold coloured big floppy straw hat, I'm going for a "film star in disguise" kinda look lol

In one of my trinny and suzanna books there are tips on how to pose for photos to hide belly/double chin/bingo wings/short neck etc so Im gonna dig that out too

Best to go prepared, its babys first trip to the beach so I dont wanna ruin it by thinking of myself/being self concious about my body too much

So this wii fit thing, what exercises are on it? Does it log your progress? x

hello hello hello! :D i'm Emma, and i just joined SW last thursday after years and years (and years and years and years) of trying to lose weight (and failing :p). I just started the Couch to 5K today, so much fun! can't wait to run a 5K properly. i'm going on holiday in about 2 months and i'm hoping to be able to show off to my cousins by going for a run every morning ;) at the moment, i think my heart would explode hahahaha!

no, i'm not horrifically unfit at the moment, i've always danced a few times a week, but i really want to run!

anyway, i'll be doing 30 minute runs 3 times a week, and maybe going to the gym when i can. i know this is more than bronze, but i'm off school for the next 3 months and there's not much else to do! hahahaha...

3rd time lucky I kept trying to post my computer kept dying :cry:

Yes the wii fit counts its really good I might get one actually everyone keeps going on about it it sounds cool :cool:

We're just off to the west country for our holls, and the way Im looking at it is this: its the last year I'll have to worry about going on the beach! Yay! I'm going to get one of those beach dresses, you know, the patterned gauze ones? They go over your cozzie. Ive seen some in primark so I know they exist, but will look elsewhere. Might get a maxi one I'll see how my legs are. Or maybe a sarong.

Im going to Sally Hansen my legs, its about a tenner for a can but 2 cans normally last me the summer. Its not fake tan so not orange its leg makeup and hides scars, thread veins, and to a certain extent hides cellulite and varicose veins too (makes them not blue, yuk!) The only thing it doesnt do is shave them, darn it! Its great cos its not a stain, it washes off with soap but not water so can get wet on the beach etc without it coming off.

Also Im gonna get film star glasses and a big chunky bangle to go with my broze/gold coloured big floppy straw hat, I'm going for a "film star in disguise" kinda look lol

In one of my trinny and suzanna books there are tips on how to pose for photos to hide belly/double chin/bingo wings/short neck etc so Im gonna dig that out too

Best to go prepared, its babys first trip to the beach so I dont wanna ruin it by thinking of myself/being self concious about my body too much

So this wii fit thing, what exercises are on it? Does it log your progress? x

Ooo that sally hansen thing sounds good! does it stop you from getting a tan? i might try and look into this!

Ooo those tips sound interesting, please share!! lol.

Babys first trip to the beach, aww, how old is baby? :)

The wii fit has balance games, aerobic games i.e step, hula hooping, jogging, boxing etc, then a section for yoga poses, and strength training. Yeah you get a score on everything you do and there is a high score bored for each thing so you can see your best etc. It also has a body test part, it weighs you and gives you your bmi, tells you how much you have lost/put on etc. I need to start using mine more! its an easy way to burn calories! xx

Hi Ladies!
@ Emma! Well done on the couch to 5k thing and welcome aboard! If you go to slimming world group you can probably go for the silver and skip the bronze entirely,yay!

Ooo that sally hansen thing sounds good! does it stop you from getting a tan? i might try and look into this!

Ooo those tips sound interesting, please share!! lol.

Babys first trip to the beach, aww, how old is baby? :)

The wii thing sounds great Im defo going to get one now! I dont think it stops you getting a tan (its not advertised as tanning cream or factor 15 or anything but my legs never tan anyway. I will say tho there are 3 shades for light medium and dark skin, unless you are ginger dont get the pale one and unless you are black/asian dont get the dark one cos it will make you orange lol get the middle one.

Baby is 7 1/2 months old now, I cant wait to see his response to sand I bet it goes straight in the mouth lol

@ Kelz & Roziee, and anyone else who's interested!
The trinny tips, to summarise:

If you have big tits: to stop them looking flabby, keep your shoulders back and arms relaxed (dont arch your back like page 3 or slouch to hide them)
If you have no tits: sit up for photos dont lay down or they will disappear umder the armpits! Keep your arms away from the sides of your body to define what little bit you have
short legs dont be tempted to tuch them away under a chair it will make them shorter. Keeping knees together for modesty, splay your ankles like a new foal it will make them longer
big arms aka bingo wings: have something in your hand, sunglasses hat or drink, and put the other hand on hip, this keeps arms away from body so they cant look squashed and flabby
no waist: use hands as a corset to winch in non existant waist, this action will make you stand better and pull the waist in
saddlebags: ask photographer to take photo from behind your head instead of in front of you. If you are laying on floor or beach lounger and the photographer is in front of you it makes your thighs look massive but if you turn your head to look behind you it disguises big hips. I cant easily describe it without being able to show the photo but the book is available for 1p on amazon (plus postage £2.40?) well worth it
flabby tummy: lie flat, suck it in and grin through the agony lol
no neck: lie with your head tilted back, keep your chin away from your chest as much as possible, or look over your shoulder

Hope this helps!

I have had a pants slimming weekend and been lazy too back on track tomo tho! x

Hiya Ladies, today for my body magic I am doing a window cleaning frenzy-vigorously clean windows and doors for 15-20 mins, see how many I can get done! Also I will be baby wearing up to the top of the hill and back down again

I hope you're all doing well with your body magic. I seem to notice a pattern, when hubby is at home I fall off all my wagons, he is defo a bad influence on me cos he's so overworked and tired and co-dependant bless him

Anyone got any idea how I can convince him to rest while I am up and about without him feeling guilty?

Hiya!

How's the body magic going? I did 3 windows in my 15 minutes (5 if you include the side bits of the bay window!) Then I did the other ones. Only got the doors left now yay! Its nice seeing the place gradually get sparklier. :D

Amazingly after a naughty weekend (foodwise only lol) I have lost 2lb! Must be all the body magic! Im not gonna push my luck tho, clean slate today and see if I can do another 2lb next week. I only did a 1lb target so Im over target yay!

x

Hello girls

Sorry I've been absent- had family over the weekend and been in hospital yday so no exercise this week...

Sophia my family bought so many biscuits :8855: I sent most of it back with them and then took the rest to work to give to colleagues lol

I'm sore :( had steroid injections in my back done yday..

Good for you sending the bickies back! I would not have been able to manage that! :worthy:

Whats the steroids for do you have a back injury? :(

x

No injury- I had an op in September to remove an ovarian and labial cyst and ever since then I've developed really bad lower back pain.m

Had physio, done pilates, had 2 MRIs done and nothing was showing up. Went to a spinal surgeon and he doesn't know what the actual problem is so he said lets try to injections to see if they help.. So had that done yesterday.

You'd think I'd have back pain at my heaviest but developed it after losing 3 stones of weight so I'm REALLLY hoping that the steroid injections work. Very sore today but hoping it'll settle by Monday..

Owieee! Well I hope it settles soon for you, sounds like you've really been through the mill! My bro in law had that done for an injury he had and it worked so fingers crossed :cross: xx

Hey girls! Went swimming yesterday morning early doors again! & going tomorrow, also went on the wii fit on Monday for half hour! Going to try and go on it again on Saturday!
My holiday is approaching fast and i am not ready yet :( ahh! I need to lose some more weight!! eek.
Hope your having a good week xx

Back