Body Magic - What's your favourite activity?

Weather permitting I cycle to work, it's not too far about 3 miles, but it all helps.

We also go geocaching, which is a little like a very large treasure hunt, yesterday we walked 7 miles geocaching & tonight after work we've been out & done another 2 miles. Because the walk is stopping & starting & you're having fun it really doesn't feel like you've walked miles. I'd recomend it to anyone to give it a go.

I joined a Ketlercise (kettlebells) class in January at my local leisure centre - I really enjoy that! I'm swimming at the moment as I can't get to my ketlercise class (I'm on holiday from school so I've gone to stay wiht my parents for 6 weeks :))

you fill some sheets each week and when you've done the required weeks you get an award. it's not very efficient, we just have to nudge our C and ask basically. there's not anywhere on the website you can check in and get them like you can with weigh ins.

To be honest I didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been said, but I didn't want to read and run. If you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod etc., search for an app called Nike Training Club.

It's great, you can do it at home and I love it. I've only got one functioning leg so I modify some things (like jogging on the spot), but all in all it's fantastic. There are loads of different workouts depending on your fitness level and what your goal is (weight loss, muscle toning, targeting a specific area etc.). A few of the exercises use weights or a medicine ball but you can do almost all of them with any weights (probably about 90%). That being said I made a medicine ball after seeing the price of them.

I bought a child's blow up rubber football for about £1.50 and some play sand from Toys R Us for around £5 .
- Take the valve out of the ball
- Fill the ball with sand using a funnel (I didn't have one and it was hassle and a half, but doable)
- Place the valve back in
- Cover in gaffer tape in a half and half formation (round the middle, rotate round the middle and so on until it's covered)
- I'd guess it weighs about 5 or 6 kg.

Good luck!
Natt x

188890_10150435199950389_4405396_n.jpg

I find it a chore to go to the gym but a few of my favourite activities are swimming and yoga. I try and get to the pool a couple of times a week in the mornings before work and I go to a yoga class once a week. I also like finding fun activities at the weekend that get us moving- last week we hired a canoe for the afternoon, I have never done anything like that before!!!! And I also like Geocaching.

How do you win the awards? Is it a diary or something? X

If you look in your back there is a booklet on Body Magic and it's also online as well. You get bronze, silver, gold and platinum awards. There is a sheet you fill in and the idea is to gradually build your exercise until you reach half an hour a day 5 days a week. It can really help your losses, tones you up and generally makes you feel better within yourself I would say.

You guys have some really good ideas! And I will really need to read up on this Bokwa (?spelling). I've heard it mentioned a few times before :)

Rugby's my exercise of choice. At training you are having so much fun you don't realise you're exercising until the next morning! It focuses on muscles groups I never knew existed and is really satisfying when you learn new techniques and skills. It also means you get to play matches and get the rewards of winning. I've also found my rugby team have turned into my family and are really supportive of my new weight loss goal. :)

Most women start playing rugby later in life and most don't relaise how talented they are at it. Give it a go people!!

Well I just did a 50 min walk to town and back in the boiling heat and loved it :) Lunch then housework (hate it but at least it's more body magic!)

I go running. I went to my partners gym as a guest the other day and it made me realise I really do enjoy just getting outside, what ever the weather! Im starting week 3 of the.bronze award today and started it with a 35 minute walk from town :)

I love being outside so often go on long walks in the evening and usually my friend tags along with me and by the time we've finished gabbing about our day we've walked for miles and didn't even realise it! Would love to try swimming but still haven't got the guts to stick a costume on yet :p

Bokwa is brilliant, similar to Zumba but less dance-y IMO so I find it easier to keep up and do the moves. Would recommend it to any one x

I do a running group, you go at your own pace, but it's really nice to get out. There's a 5k run in September that I hope to do, I need to practice!!

Ciansmummy, Ive just booked on a quarter marathon and it's so nice to have something to work towards. Really makes you want to get out and run a bit more.

Well my body magic for today guys is to clean out my 8 guinea pigs. It's a bloomin good workout believe me, they like to make it nice and diffucult for me lol :)

Bokwa is brilliant, similar to Zumba but less dance-y IMO so I find it easier to keep up and do the moves. Would recommend it to any one x

Ahh, you have the Bokwa bug too? :D I love it!! So much less cringey than Zumba, but just as fun!

Princess_Stevie said:
Ahh, you have the Bokwa bug too? :D I love it!! So much less cringey than Zumba, but just as fun!

I'm actually really thrilled that so many people know what it is!! Loads of people I know are like whaaaat lol. I love it too and it's definitely less cringey than Zumba :)

I'm thinking of ways to get more body magic in - at the moment I am struggling with plantar fasciitis though so it's a but tricky. I usually walk to work every day, 40 mins each way, but it's so bloody painful at the moment that I've been getting the bus more often.

When the weather is nice I roller skate, which hasn't been easy this summer either! Skating is fab exercise and all you need is a pair of cheap skates and a cycle path. I used to skate with a roller derby league but had to leave for various reasons. Hoping to go back to it one day though, roller derby is a fantastic sport!

I've started walking and jogging over the last few months - wow, it hurt so much the first time I tried it, I think my whole body went into shock at having to do some physical exercise for once! now it feels great, even if its just a bit of a light or moderate work out for half an hour, it's definitely an addictive feeling :)
one thing definitely to remember though is to warm up and stretch properly no matter what you do, since I managed to pull a leg muscle a couple of weeks ago and that's put me out for a few weeks.. how frustrating! but lesson learnt the hard way! I am actually now desperate to get back into it and really missing the ability to do anything more than go for a walk (especially after watching the olympic runners all week)

Back