Body Pump Classes

corinne_j

My gym does bodypump classes, and I really want to go. I know what the class involves, and it sounds really good. But (and I know this sounds really pathetic) how will I know what to do, eg what weights I should use? Will the instructor tell me before the class?

I guess I'm just scared of looking like a complete idiot :8855:

Just let the instructor know at the beginning of the class that you're new. They'll probably put you on the lightest weights to begin with to see how you get on, then after that its up to you...what you feel comfortable with. You dont need massive weights in bodypump to feel that you're body is working...I remember the first time I did the class...I was on the lightest weight but it didnt stop my body aching, I knew I got a good work out as I was sweating beyond my expectations!1

You'll be fine go along to the class and let me know how you got on.

Did you go? How did you get on? I recently started BP and I love it! Remember that technique is the key, not the weight. Ignore what weights others are using, and find ones you're comfortable with.
I've only been going once a week for a few weeks, but the change in my legs is amazing - I wore a SKIRT for the first time in years last week, because my legs are looking so toned!

Back