Body Pump

x Lulu x

Silver Member
Has anyone tried body pump?

I can do the classes free as part of my gym membership but not really sure what it is.

I walked by a class yesterday and they were using weights. I dont have much upper body strength do you think i'd manage?

I'm not 'unfit' i go spinning twice per week and circuit training twice per week.

Theres a class tonight at 7 but i've already been to a half hour spin class this morning, what do you guys think?

Lulu :)

I do body pump a couple of times a week, yes it is weights but you start off low and build up to more as toy get stronger. It is a great class to do it works all of you muscles. It is hard and you will ache but if you can build more muscle then your body will burn more calories.

Give it a go what have you got to lose?
I do body combat also which is a great cardio workout which is also a good full body workout.

i do pump at my gym, its great!

start light though, first one i ever went to i used low weights and dit feel much, but the next day i felt ike id been hit by a bus i was acheing that bad.

I've only ever been to one body pump class - came out sweating and with a bright red face (felt uncomfortable with that so haven't been since!). If you do spinning and circuit training, you should be fine with body pump in terms of fitness. I'm going to give it a go again though. Did you go?

No i went to circuit training instead.

I didnt really want to go on my own to be honest my friend is joining the same gym as me so we are going to try it out when she joins x

I've only ever been to one body pump class - came out sweating and with a bright red face (felt uncomfortable with that so haven't been since!). If you do spinning and circuit training, you should be fine with body pump in terms of fitness. I'm going to give it a go again though. Did you go?

dont let that put you off, it shows you worked hard :)
i was a bit put off after my first one with the ache, it was terrible, but soon as i kept it up and got more used to it i enjoyed it better. its my fave class now, and i regret not trying it sooner.

I'm going to try this tonight. I don't have the GREATEST fitness levels though. My time at the gym usually consists of:
15 Minutes on the treadmill (doing about 3k)
500 metres on the rowing machine (takes approximately 3 minutes)
5 minutes on the bike
5 minutes on the cross trainer
30 half press-ups
30 sit ups
30 ankle type tappers (don't know what they're called but lie on my back with my knees bent and twist and reach to my ankles)

Am I going to survive????? Lol.

I'm going to try this tonight. I don't have the GREATEST fitness levels though. My time at the gym usually consists of:
15 Minutes on the treadmill (doing about 3k)
500 metres on the rowing machine (takes approximately 3 minutes)
5 minutes on the bike
5 minutes on the cross trainer
30 half press-ups
30 sit ups
30 ankle type tappers (don't know what they're called but lie on my back with my knees bent and twist and reach to my ankles)

Am I going to survive????? Lol.

yes, you will! :D

dreamslim said:
I did it, survived and actually quite enjoyed it. :) gonna huuuuurrrrrt tomorrow. Trying the rpm class on weds.

How was It? iv been wanting to go but worried I won't keep up! Recently damaged my ankle but trying to get bk to the gym instead of just swimming. Will I manage do u think? I tore a ligament in my ankle 3weeks ago Xx

How was It? iv been wanting to go but worried I won't keep up! Recently damaged my ankle but trying to get bk to the gym instead of just swimming. Will I manage do u think? I tore a ligament in my ankle 3weeks ago Xx

My feet were hurting because you need to do a lot of work to keep your balance so I don't know about it with your ankle........maybe speak to your GP first?

The class itself was quite good and I'm not in too much agony this morning (drank about 5 pints of water during and after the class, lol). The instructor was really good though and reassured us at the beginning of the class that for the first few weeks it was more about getting the technique right and not to worry too much about adding weights so we stayed with 2.5kg on each side and that was just enough for one night, thank you. Lol. :)

Thank-you for ur reply, will definitely give it a go once my ankle is better, my weightloss has just stopped since being off my feet, glad u enjoyed it :) x

Back