Boiled

The savoury packs say not to use boiling water. I do because they are unpalatable otherwise. Is there any reason why I should not continue?

If you add boiling water directly to the soups/shakes they can curdle. Think it has something to do with the skimmed milk powder and boiling water.
I always add a little cold water to mine and make up in a paste then add slightly off the boil water. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the taste.
Hope that helps!

yeah...they mean boiling....as in straight from the kettle after it's boiled. It's best to leave it to cool for a few mins as freshly boiled water destroys some of the nutrients in your packs.....thats all.:)

If you add boiling water directly to the soups/shakes they can curdle. Think it has something to do with the skimmed milk powder and boiling water.
I always add a little cold water to mine and make up in a paste then add slightly off the boil water. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the taste.
Hope that helps!

Hi,

I make mine up in the same way that Beverley does here and it's easier to get rid of any lumps too!!:D :D

I didnt know no boiling water, my lack of Swedish strikes again!! I always wandered why I could not get rid of lumps. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info.

Back