Boing-a-roo's Battle of the Bulgey Bits

Thats great for over xmas hun! Well done :D

How did you find the kebab recipe? I've made it a few times and me and the hubby love it!! xxx

Aww thanks :) Did you have a nice Christmas and NY?

LOVED the Kebab :eat: Easily the nicest SW recipe I've tried! I bought the Curry Heaven book at class this week so I'm hoping to find some more gems in there! Have you found any more good ones?

Yesterday's food!

Breakfast:

Alpen Light Bar (HEXB)
2 Satsumas

Lunch:

Jacket Potato with Low Fat Cottage Cheese.
Mullerlite
Alpen Light Bar (HEXB)
Satsuma

Dinner:

Chicken Curry and Boiled Rice (6 Syns)
WW Chocolate Mint Torte (8.5 Syns)
Snacks

Healthy Extra A: SS Milk (For Tea and Coffee)
Healthy Extra B: 2 Alpen Light Bars
Syns - 15 (not a great start lol)

Yeah Christmas and New year was good thanks hun... 3 weeks off plan and defo worth the 3lb gain but hopefully get it off :D

Erm there's a cheese and onion comfort pie i enjoyed... was lovely on a cold eve and wanted something yummy and filling :D Think i found the recipe on here? :S Erm other than that not really got any fav's so if you find any you will have to let me know :D xxx

Yeah Christmas and New year was good thanks hun... 3 weeks off plan and defo worth the 3lb gain but hopefully get it off :D

Erm there's a cheese and onion comfort pie i enjoyed... was lovely on a cold eve and wanted something yummy and filling :D Think i found the recipe on here? :S Erm other than that not really got any fav's so if you find any you will have to let me know :D xxx

Will do! Cheese and Onion Comfort Pie sounds lush, will have a go at that :) xXx

Breakfast:

Satsuma
Mullerlite

Lunch:

Chocolate Spread (4.5 syns) Sandwich using HEXB Bread.
Mullerlite
2 x Satsumas

Snack
Seafood Sticks

Dinner:

Beef and Vegetable Stew with 2 x Home made yorkshire puddings (7 syns)

Healthy Extra B: 2 slices of Wholemeal Bread from a 400g loaf

Syns - 11.5

Hmm, I was disappointed with the Onion Bhajis I made from the SW Curry Heaven Book :cry: they were really dry and lacking something (probably oil lol) Going to try them again another day and tweak the recipe as they really did smell amazing before they were cooked and the middles tasted nice enough :) Anyway, yesterday's fodder was as follows:

Breakfast:

Grilled Bacon all fat removed
Quorn Sausages
Mushrooms Cooked in Fry Lite
Baked Beans
1 level tablespoon Tom Ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:

Missed this because breakfast was at 11:30 :sign0007:

Dinner:

Curry Heaven Chicken Jalfrezi
Boiled Rice
Onion Bhaji (6 syns)

Snacks

None

Healthy Extra B: None
Syns - 7

Ooo i love onion barjhees... i may have to invest in the recipe book...Have to let me know how you get on tweeking them! Do they have a samosa recipe too or is that wishful thinking? lol xx

Ooo i love onion barjhees... i may have to invest in the recipe book...Have to let me know how you get on tweeking them! Do they have a samosa recipe too or is that wishful thinking? lol xx

They do! Vegetable ones with a dip :) 1 Syn on Green and Extra Easy and 2 on Original! Dunno what they are like but might do them next time.

I was going to PM you the recipes (as I don't want to get in trouble for posting them on here) and I have typed them out.but I can't PM until I've done 50 posts. I'm not far off so I should be able to send them to you later on today! xXx

LOL just went and looked around for threads to post on and it looks like everyone is posting recipes anyway so here goes...

Onion Bhaji Recipe is:

Makes 12, 1 syn on EE/Green/Red

198g/7oz onions peeled, halved and thinly sliced.
57g/2oz gram flour (chickpea flour) I got mine from ASDA, so not hard to find
1tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Cumin
1tbsp Corriander Seeds, crushed
1tsp deseeded and chopped green chilli
1 tbsp chopped Corriander
1/4 level tsp baking powder
Salt
Low Calorie Cooking spray
a pinch of Paprika

Put everything except the paprika in a mixing bowl, season with salt and add a few tablespoons of water to form a thick batter that coats the onion.

Leave to rest for 15 mins and then using your fingers, mix again to combine thoroughly.

Preheat the Oven to 220/Gas 7. Line a baking sheet with baking Parchment and, using your fingers or a dessert spoon, drop small mounds of the mixture onto the sheet to give you 12 bhajis.

Spray with Low Cal cooking spray and bake for 15-20 mins until golden, Remove from the heat and serve immediately dusted with a little Paprika.

Veg Samosas and Hara Chutney:

Makes 18

1 syn on Green/EE 2 syns on Original

Low Cal cooking spray
1tbs mild Curry Powder and
1tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)

397g/14oz potatoes, peeled boiled and mashed
113g/4oz frozen Peas
4 tbsp finely chopped corriander
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
salt
3 jumbo filo pastry sheets (50cm x 24cm)

For the Chutney:
113g/4oz fresh Corriander and 57g/2oz fresh mint, finely chopped

1tsp peeled and finely grated ginger and 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
Juice of 2 limes
2tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp artificial sweetener

Place all the chutney ingredients in a food processor with 71ml/2 and a half fl oz of water and blend until smooth. Set aside until needed.

Pray a large non stick frying pan with low calorie spray and place it over a medium heat. Add the curry Powder, amchoor, potatoes and peas and stirfry for 4-5 mins. Remove from the heat and add the chopped corriander and red chilli, season well with salt and set aside.

Preheat the oven to 190/Gas 5. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Working swiftly, place the three filo sheets on top of each other and cut them in half widthways. Then cut each half into 3 even strips lengthways to give you a total of six strips per filo sheet (18 in total)

Lay the strips out on a clean work surface and lightly spray with low cal cooking spray. Place a teaspoon of the potato filling at the bottom of each strip and fold the pastry diagonally to enclose the filling and form a triangle. Press down on the pastry and forld again until you reach the end of the strip leaving you with a triangular pastry parcel. Repeat and make 18 parcels.

Place the parcels in a single layer on the baking sheet, spray with low cal cooking spray and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden and crisp. Serve warm with the chutney.

Oooh thank you... I'll have to copy them down... and have a go within the next week or two!! I'll let you know how i get on!! xx

Brilliant, maybe you'll have better luck than me lol :D xXx

Breakfast:

Porridge Made with Water and Sweetener (HEXB)

Lunch:

Missed this because breakfast was at 12:00 :sign0007: (do you see a theme on a weekend? LOL)

Dinner:

Roast Lamb
Brocolli
Peas
New Potatoes

Snacks

Grapes
Peach
5 x Orange Segsations (10 syns)

Healthy Extra B: Porridge Oats
Syns - 10

Breakfast:

2 x Weetabix with Milk (HEXA)
Grapes

Lunch:

Jacket Potato with Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Grapes and Clemantines

Dinner:

Spaghetti Bolognese (with extra toms and mushrooms) with a little bit of Tom puree (1 syn)

Snacks

Grapes
Peach
1 x Syn Free Pancake with 1tbspn maple syrup (2 syns)

Healthy Extra A: SS Milk (For Tea and weetabix)
Healthy Extra B: Weetabix

Syns - 3

I deffo need to keep practicing with the syn free pancakes, mine was a bit too much like a sweet ommlette which was disappointing...but once it was doused in maple syrup it wasn't going in the bin! :drool:

Not looking forward to weigh in tonight as I feel massive today and I wanted to get to my first stone which I genuinely doubt I have done.

To rub salt in the wound I decided in my infinite wisdom a couple of weeks ago that all the lovely necklaces I bought in the Accessorize sale should be put to one side as a reward for my fist stone and I WANNA WEAR MY NECKLACES lol!! :8855:

Ahh well I know I've stuck to plan so if it doesn't come off this week it will come off another week!

Had a lovely day yesterday as one of my best work friends came back off maternity leave and she is (and has been for a while) on SW, she lost 5 stone before the baby, put some back on when pregnant and then since August she's lost another 3 stone and she looks AMAZING, it's brilliant to have such inspiration in front of me every day :D

Anyhoo, yesterday's food...

Breakfast:

2 x Weetabix with Milk (HEXA)

Lunch:

Leftover Pasta Bolognese
Peach
2 x Satsumas
Mullerlite

Dinner:

Tiny :)cry:) Piece of Fish
Pasta n Sauce made with only water
The world of peas

Snacks

Grapes
Prawn Cocktail Walkers (6.5)
Chomp (5)

Healthy Extra A: SS Milk (For Tea and weetabix)
Healthy Extra B: Weetabix

Syns - 11.5

Good luck with your weigh in tonight! Sounds like you've had a good week and, like you said, if it doesn't come off this week it will definitely come off another week!
x

Cheers peeps! :) xXx

Boooooooo hissssssssss! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I gained a 1lb :sigh:

I did think I had gained though, it's just so sad when I've been good all week!

Hey ho, I have vowed to lose 3 for next week and get back on track and I have consoled myself with a yummy Fake Away Kebab for supper :talk017:

Today's feastings have been:

Breakfast:

None - woke up too late

Lunch:

Prawn and vegetable Ramen
M&S '5 a day' Fruity Feast (Watermelon, melon, mango, pineapple and grapes)

Supper:

Fake Away Kebab and salad with Wholemeal Pittas (7 syns)

Healthy Extra B: None - I don't know if I can coount the Wholemeal Pittas so I synned them.

Syns - 7

Although the gains a little disheartening really admire your positive attitude and fighting talk of loosing 3lb next week!! Good Luck & i'm sure you'll get it :D

I am showing at weighing a few lbs hevaier atm sicne WI monday... i know you change over the week but don't usualy show as high gain through the week and being 100% ... bloody pain! Lol!!

Hope you enjoyed the kebab! One of my fav SW meals!! xxx

Back