Bonfire Night Cheesy potato topped bangers and mash pie!!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi, I just wanted to let you know I've just cooked the Bonfire night bangers and mash pie featured on the SW website and I'm so excited about it because it's totally free on EE or green (If you count the cheese in the mash topping as a HE!) I've tasted it and it's delish so I'm looking forward to taking some into my night shift tonight! And it will last for my further 2 night shifts too (that's if my hubbie doesn't polish it all off first!!)

It's very easy! I made mash in the usual way and mixed it with skimmed milk, salt, pepper, a bit of mustard powder and some parsley (the recipe states fat free creme fraiche and an egg but I didn't have any!)

I chopped up onion, crushed garlic, chopped up 6 quorn cumberland sausages, butternut squash, courgette and poured a mixture of frozen peas, sweetcorn and green beans into a cereal bowl.

I frylighted the onion and garlic,then the sausages, then all the veg for a few mins, added a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a tin of mixed beans, soy sauce and some worcester sauce, then S&P, cumin powder, chilli powder, paprika, piled it all into a lasagne dish and spread the potato on top then put it into a preheated oven at 180 deg C!

I deviated from the SW recipe as they didn't state to use worcester sauce, chilli or any of the spices but I like spicy things and fancied a bit more flavour!

If you do try it, enjoy!! I can't believe I can eat like that without even using any syns!

NBThey don't specify which veg to use either, so I put in what I had!

I'm making this tomorrow night, it sounds really nice, just right for a cold Bonfire Night.

Haha. I ha dto laugh reading your message.. every bit of your recipe is followed by '' it stated this but i used this instead'' or ''tehy didnt say this but i chucked it in anyways''

LOL.. i'm sure it was absoloutly fab, but is it actually still classed as the recipe from the mag or your own concoction now? LOL

xxxx

Back