Bonstar's Food Diary

Bonstar

I joined Slimming World last night and my weekly weigh-in is Thursday evening. I'm going to be keeping a food diary, for myself and also to show my consultant every week.

I've never followed any sort of healthy eating plan or diet before, so this is all VERY new to me. I'm a bit scared. But hopefully, with the right sort of discipline and support from the group, I'll lose the weight I need to lose.

At the minute it does kind of feel like I've signed myself up for a life sentence of measuring, weighing and counting, but I'm hoping it'll become second nature after a while.

I'll be posting later with the first entry in my new food diary. :D

Day 1: RED

Well today was my first day of Slimming World EVER! I found it interesting, frustrating, confusing, strange, and a load of other things. I kept having cravings for my usual snacks and I knew I couldn't "afford" them. But I want to do this. I NEED to do this.

Here is what I had today...

Breakfast
28g Bran Flakes - HEXB (+ Ryvita)
250ml semi-skimmed milk - HEXA

Lunch
sliced cooked ham
lettuce
grated carrot
grated beetroot
yellow peppers
red cabbage
pineapple/melon/kiwi/mango fruit salad

Dinner
chicken breast
sautéed courgettes
227g jacket potato - HEXB
1 tsp Lurpak - 2 Syns
banana

Snacks
6 Laughing Cow Extra Light Triangles - HEXA
1 Ryvita original - HEXB (+ Bran Flakes)
Danone Activia Fat-Free yoghurt
1 tube Soft Fruits (6.5 Syns)

Drinks
tea with sweeteners :(
water

= 8.5 Syns

Last edited:
Day 2: EXTRA EASY

I decided to do an Extra Easy day today and found it a lot easier, as the name suggests. :)

Here is what I had today...

Breakfast
lean bacon
tomato
poached egg
1 slice wholemeal toast (400g loaf) - HEXB

Lunch
tuna salad (lettuce, grated carrot, grated beetroot, yellow peppers, red cabbage, tuna in brine)
mango

Dinner
pasta with homemade, fat-free (and Syn-free) vegetable and bacon sauce (bacon, onions, courgettes, celery, garlic, carrot, peppers, tomatoes)

Snacks
250ml semi-skimmed milk - HEXA
28g Tesco Choco Snaps - 5.5 Syns
2 bananas
pineapple
1 slice wholemeal toast (400g loaf) - HEXB
1 tbsp Tesco Value Hazelnut Choc spread - 4.5 Syns

Drinks
tea with sweeteners :(
water

= 10 Syns

ur doing gr8.. my second well on the plan also.. i miss eating jaffa cakes.. no point in having one when u want more eh.! lol
but i think im finally getting the hang of it now.. red days seem to work better for me. green and once i have bread i just cant seem to say no to more then one slice haha.. so im eating lots of meat .. still i want to have pasta but havent got a clue what i can have with it.. does any one know of any syn free sauces i can make to pour into it.? thanks lushx

does any one know of any syn free sauces i can make to pour into it.? thanks lushx

Try this... this serves 8 people so is enough to freeze!

1 large onion, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1lb Quorn mince
2 tins chopped tomatoes
5 fl oz boiling water
stock cube
1 tbsp tomato purée (optional - 1/2 Syn)
salt and pepper

Fry the veg in a very large saucepan with some Fry Light. Add the Quorn mince and fry until browned (you can leave out the Quorn if you don't like it and it's still yummy).

Add the chopped tomatoes, then dissolve the stock cube in the 5 fl oz boiling water. Add this to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 1 hour (uncovered) and taken the lid off for the last 10 minutes.

Cool quickly, divide into pots and freeze.

I've decided not to keep a food diary on here as I don't have time to keep it updated, but I'm still keeping one for my consultant. :)

Back