*^~Boofaloos Diary Thread~^* Day 1 going well!!

Phew, just sent you a text coz I thought Id been a bit harsh, gob runs away with me sometimes x

Up early this morning and feeling very virtuous - have drunk half a litre of water already!

Have a busy and stressful day today. the horse is having some teeth out and it's the kids halloween party tonight. Going to see my CDC tonight though so will keep this in mind and use it to help keep me on the straight and narrow.
Have got my stubborn head on again - I am so going to do this!!!!!

Hi Helen

Tea time is so hard isn't it? I am going to try the sugar free gum idea - I nibble without even thinking about it.

Good luck for today and call me if you are feeling weak!

Good luck hun, Im behind you all the way, think of the lecture you will get if you nibble, its not worth it|!!!!

You can do it, let me know how it went at cdc x

just a quickie cos i've hurt my finger and cant type.

Have seen my new CDC today - she is really nice and was very helpful.
Am ssing until my CP holiday then doing 790 on holiday and SSing when i get back.

going to watch footy with stephen and the kids now. My finger is killing!!!!!

Hows the finger doin??

I used to make up portions of food and freeze them in those take a way foil containers to warm through when needed.

You can either do what I did and pick about 7-10 recipes to make over the course of a 'good' day but make up X4 the amount you would normally do. Or you can just make X4 the amount of each meal until you get a nice little stash in your freezer :D

Both these methods save you a lot of time in shopping, washing and clearing up time and preparation ;)

Failing that, consider either the chewing gum which isn't to plan but might work for you or try cleaning your teeth and using mouth wash before you start cooking because it would feel odd to eat when you have just cleaned your teeth :)

Thanks Chicken - will try mkaing a lot of food up and freezing it. Am having a good day today so it's something to keep me busy!!

Vicky - Finger is a lot better. I thought it was going to drop off yesterday!! Today it's just sore. :)

Doing ok on the CD front. Am finding getting back into ketosis not easy. Headaches, tummy troubles and a general feeling of blahness!!!

Managed well with tea time yesterday. Had a pack before i made tea and then drank water whilst cooking. Felt full up so didnt feel the need to nibble.
Now i'm not nibbling though abstinence is hitting me harder than i thought it would. Be glad when the yucky feeling goes.

Gone and done it - cheated again.

Have had enough now and am quitting the diet and having a break.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I appreciate it. You have always been there for me even when i couldnt help myself.

Thanks everyone and good luck with your journeys. x

Hiya Helen

keep coming on here honey even if it is only lurking cos it will keep your mind focused... once you keep trying that is how we will all get there.

be nice to yourself girl and allow yourself a guilt free break!!

hugs to ya

love

Gen xx

Boofaloo, I'm sorry to hear that you are finding it tough today.

All I can say is that this diet is a process and that every little helps.

I am really worried about your perception of how things are going for yourself :( If you weren't trying to diet then what would be happening :confused:

Be good to yourself and be kind to yourself. Every occasion that you don't turn to food is a victory if you could only see it that way. All these victorys in the little battles gradually start to add up to win you the war but you need to win the battles first.

I hope you can find some way of remembering to acknowledge all your achievements along the way and know that if you hadn't tried wouldn't have got this far.

My impressions of you from your posts are that you are putting a great deal of pressure on yourself. I used to be like that too but have learnt to relax a bit. It means that I am not so stressed and het up which are 2 of my triggers to make me turn to food. By reducing the triggers I am doing better too.

If I could wave my magic wand for you I would because you have been areal inspiration to me over the month and I'm very grateful to you for that.

I'm wishing you all the best for getting to the place where you can feel calm and relaxed about your progress because I know this will help you in the long term.

BIG HUGS TO YOU AND CHARLIE XX :)

Hey you, I am going to say very little for once because I firmly believe you know what you are doing and can understand how completely hacked off you are with it all because I am hacked off with it all there with you. Not the best of days for me either - but then you knew that because when you have a bad day, so do I!

Call me if you need to, you have my number.

Be kind to yourself and really read Chicken's post, she talks a lot of sense there (as usual).

Hun big hugz to you, you know what is right for you at the moment, still glad you started this diet though, because you are a great friend that I wouldnt have met without CD, you had better keep on lurking on here!

Yup, Chicken is talking great as per, its just so hard to take advice sometimes x

Ill ring you later x

It's 4am and i'm up and about. I feel shocking but think it's because I get bad hay fever and forgot to take my hay fever tablet before i went to do the horse yesterday - trust me to have a hobby i'm allergic to!!! :D

Had a lecture from hubby last night - he talks a lot of sense even if he is very much black and white. I either want to lose weight or i dont - end of!!!

I have thought about this and I do want to lose weight so i need to stop throwing my toys out of the pram and get on with it!!

I want to SS and I need to get past a few tea times to build my confidence up again. I need to win a few battles again to make myself realise I can win the war!!! Thank you to chicken - you talk so much sense!!! :)

Have thought about rewarding myself for the little achivements and have decided that I like that idea so wil be thinking up lots of little treats for myself - non food variety of course!!!!

So I am putting my recent tantrum down to my age - at 27 can we still have paddys? hmm not sure well... lets put it down to hormones then. they get the blame for everything dont they!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

And as my duaghter would say Thanks a MILLIGANS!!!!! Once again I'd be lost without minimins - Either that or the size of a double decker bus!!!!

So glad you are staying with it Helen:) 2.5stone since July is brilliant and by Christmas you'll be over halfway to your goal, hooray!!! Your diary is great, you always give the most supportive replies to others and you deserve to succeed:D

Hiya hun

We all have days like this, don't worry about it.
The thing thats keeping me going is knowing that I have the power to be atleast 2 stone lighter for Xmas - I already weigh less than I have in yrs and I know that if I don't do this, not only will I regain my weight but on Xmas morning I'll be thinking "what if i'd have just stuck to it?"
The plan works hun, we just gotta work with it.
Try to think ahead, sometimes it helps rather than going day by day.
Hope this is of some help.

Much love, chelle xx

PS - Tantrums are allowed - we're female!!!!!!! LOL! xx

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you :D :D You guys are great and are the reason i'm back on DAY ONE!!!!!

Going great at the moment. Went horse riding this morning and it was absolutely FAB!! Sun was shining, birds were singing and horse didnt chuck me off which is always a bonus ;)
Had a spicy tomato and a toffee and walnut so far. Had 1 litre of water so am a bit behind but hopefully that should pick up by this afternoon.

Hubby is working from home today and is watching me like a hawk!!! He gave me a real lecture last night - It upset me a bit and when i talked about it today we had to laugh. He was so blunt with me but at 4am when i had woken him up to disucss it what did I expect!!! :D

Going to keep myslef busy tonight. Got to clean and pack for our holiday. Also going to go to the stables at tea time. there is nothing to eat there so i should be safe!!! :)

Hubby is working from home today and is watching me like a hawk!!! He gave me a real lecture last night - It upset me a bit and when i talked about it today we had to laugh. He was so blunt with me but at 4am when i had woken him up to disucss it what did I expect!!! :D

Hiya!
I'd been moaning about the plan for about a week when my Hubby turned around and said; "look, either do the diet or don't do it - but if u choose not to do it then don't complain that u're getting bigger & u wish u were slimmer!"
It really put me in my place, and of course, he was right - I'd lost sight of the whole reason I'm doing this - and he reminded me that I don't need to think of doing the diet, I already am!
The diet works, we just have to work with it!
Keep glugging that water hun and u'll be in ketosis before u can even think about it!

Take care, chelle xx

Hey you!

Glad you are back. I need watching like a hawk too - don't suppose you fancy lending him to me whilst my other half does his errands and goes pick up the kids from school. I really am struggling with my chatterbox.

Glad you enjoyed the horse riding sounds great.

Back