Total Solution Boof's shrinking diary.

Day 4 is done! Phew

I think I'm looking forward to going back to work, at least then I'll be busy. Finding the days dragging.
i got through dinner with the family, I had shepherds pie which was nice so that compensated for the fact roasts are my favourite!
Hubby is being really fab and supportive which is lovely, he's keeping me supplied with drinks.

I'm not cold and shivery tonight but I am exhausted. Early night for me and then onto day 5!!!!

Day 5 and I'm doing ok. Had 3 packs already but not too worried as I'll just fill up on fluid now....was just starving this morning. Made an apple and cinnamon porridge but didn't like it so had a bar instead. Had another bar for lunch. I should really be having soups and shakes as I've loads in my box but I can't face them. Need something to chew!!!!
Starting to crave food now. Today I could kill for some ham!!!
May have to alternate TS with WS for this to work for me.

Sounds like your doing great, keep going and push through the cravings it'll be worth it when you weigh in at the end of week one. I'm restarting today and very much feel the same but it does get easier. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Yeah WS is great if you're missing real food. What's an extra few calories now and again if it keeps you on plan. I do a mixture of all the different exante plans depending on what I've got going on. Whatever works for you and means you're not cheating. I think if I deprive myself too much I'm More likely to crack and eat pizza! X

Well QB I have done my own thing today!! ive had 4 packs and some chicken today so about 1000 calories. I just needed to eat, was starting to feel very low and as I take anti depressants need to be aware of my mood changes. I know a vlcd can affect depression so im cautious, I know what its like to be really poorly and I don't want to feel like that again.
Will do a TS day tomorrow as I'm at work all day and it'll be easy to keep busy. My next hurdle is a friends birthday meal out on Friday. It's a decent restaurant though so i'll be able to have a chicken salad. Im not bothered about alcohol so sticking to water is fine.

I am trying really hard not to be scared about eating. When I did Cambridge before I got really messed up mentally, I was scared to eat then when I did I beat myself up and it turned into a very negative experience even though I lost 2 1/2 stone.

I of course want to lose weight as quickly as possible but its also got to be a plan I can live with.

So back on TS for 2 days and then weigh in....eeeeeek!!!!!

I agree. It's not worth messing yourself up mentally. We need to teach ourselves to have better relationships with food and for some of us that means going cold turkey for a bit, others don't need to do that. I can easily flit between a food day and a TS day. This way I'm not depriving my self of social events either. You rule the diet, the diet doesn't rule you :) x

I think it helps keep you on track to make it work for you. I will be mainly TSing but im not going to beat myself up if one day I feel like eating some no carb food.

I put on my bridesmaid dress today...it is still too small but its definitely getting there. Also I fit into my work trousers again!!! Ive been wearing some awful cheap things cos I couldn't fit into my new trousers. Anyway they fit, comfortably enough for me to wear them to work. RESULT!!!!

Looking forward to TSing tomorrow...shake for brekkie.......soup for lunch and shake for tea.

That's great about the work trousers! The dress will be next :) x

Definately a good idea to make it work for you. It's better to make a sensible choice for eating a low carb meal than to get so frustrated and eat rubbish because it wasn't planned. Last time I did it I picked the whole way through, but looking back still had good losses but because I wasn't sticking to it 100% I felt I had failed so gave up and put most of it back on. This time of I want to go out for a meal I will, but then I will go back to 100% when I haven't anything planned. Any loss is good. Keep it up and have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yes Zoe you sound so much like me! The more you beat yourself up the harder it becomes and the more likely you are to think what's the point! X

Exactly, I did the same when i lost weight last time.

100% so far today

2 packs done 1 1/2 litres water so far!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!

You're doing great Boofaloo. First week is toughest but you're making it work for you so you can def do this long term. Protein is your frien when you're out. Most restaurants will make an omelette or have salmon or other fish on the menus as well as chicken. You'll find something.

Fab news about the work trousers x

Doing well Boofaloo. Having a bit of protein when needed wont do any harm as long as you stay in ketosis.

I've been fine drinking builion & a bit of variety really does help with coping especially if you are TSing.

The Shepherds pie is my favourite, actually tastes like real food! x

You're on fire! Well done :) x

Last pack today was a sausage pack....hmmmm the jury is still out on that one. It wasn't horrible but it didn't resemble sausage either.

Ive had 3 litres of water and am on to my 2nd peppermint tea.

I feel really good about getting straight back on it after having chicken yesterday. :) :) :) I am still hungry though...when does that go? I am definitely in ketosis now but the hunger still seems to be there all the time?
I also have eaten al the stuff in my box that excited me and im left with lots of shakes and soups....thinking of selling some on ebay and buying what I like with the money. I LURVE the double chocolate bars!!!!!!!!

I'm yet to try the sausage. I might make it in to a sausage sandwich when I do using the pizza pack tho :) was it a bit like a McDonald's sausage burger thing? Do you know what I mean? Ha

The hunger is a bit hit and miss for me. Some days I'm still just starving and I find having caffeine either in tablets or coffee sorts me out. If I'm hyper and busy I'm ok ;) xx

I'd love to say it was like a macdonalds sausage in either taste or look but I can't!!!! Lol I'm having a burger for tea tomorrow!!! :/)

I'm not a fan of the sausage mix. I love the shakes though. Some people blend them with ice and it makes them thick. I use a hand blender and 300ml water. You can also use them warm, just mix with off boiled water. I seem to be less hungry if I stick to shakes and porridge. I love the double chocolate bars too.

Tips for the vanilla shake. Make chai tea and blend for a chai latte. Yum. Or coffee works too.

Youre doing great, I used to get hunger pangs at start of week two but now I'm in week 3 I'm not hungry or tempted at all. Stick with it and good luck for WI. X

Day 6 is nearly over. Pack one was a white chocolate and raspberry...not too bad and I can imagine with ice and blended it would be lovely. I was really busy at work and the morning flew by...got to lunch at 1pm and I wasn't even hungry! Made my 2nd pack up...a cherries and berries one at about 3 pm. My water wasn't cold enough so I wasn't too impressed...another that I think needs ice and blending to be really nice.
I had a really stressful afternoon and for the first time felt like bingeing on cake...I went to costa and could have devoured the whole counter. I resisted and had an Americano.

Had my last pack about an hour ago... moussaka. Was gunna have a burger but just didn't fancy it. The moussaka was ok...I made it perfectly so that's always a bonus.

Found today fine but im not in the best of moods...just had a pants day. I need to drink another litre before bedtime. Off to read everyones diaries to cheer me up a bit.

Hi Boof ... Well done on almost completing your first week. I'm on on day 1 which I've found easy, but am expecting the pain tomorrow. Like you I'm very willing to have some protein if it keeps me on the diet, if it takes me a couple of weeks extra to get to goal, so what! It's better than not at all.

L
x

Back