BooHoo! It's not fair!!

I might try a week of upping my syns to 105 and see how I go. it might be just the boost my body needs.

Hi Brookend. I'm in the same situation - but have loads to lose. I lost about 1.5 stones then plateaued. I would lose 3lbs then gain back 2, then sts - and I was being religious about the plan, writing down everything i ate. i did find that fruit - although free - hindered my loss and when i cut it out my weight started to drop again. perhaps the fruit sugar affected my system - but i know that i am not the rule and not everyone is affected this way. but maybe you could try 1 week without the fruit and see if it makes any difference?

I am not doing the plan properly at the moment as i'm going on hols in a little while and don't need the drama - and heartache of the sts / gain. when i get back, it will be starting afresh and ramping up the exercise - plus i'm getting a dog - so loads of walking in my future me thinks.

best of luck with things, and let me know if the fruit has any impact.

Well that's the first time I've ever ever heard that! It's wrong. You get up to 15 syns a day regardless of what sex or weight you are.

Flippin heck!

I had this from my old consultant, only 10 syns a day, and as soon as I came on here I got the proper advice and started losing again. It's shocking how much consultants filter the plan through their own opinions.

Variety is definitely the key Hun. For the last 2 weeks I have gained 1lb each week and I am very strict with my plan.
This week I decided to throw in some EE days and so far have managed to shift 2lbs in 2 days...really looking forward to weighing on Monday now!
Change your HE's...dont always have the same fruit or veg if you can help it and really plan your meals. I found that all of these have got me loosing again.

Variety is definitely the key Hun. For the last 2 weeks I have gained 1lb each week and I am very strict with my plan.
This week I decided to throw in some EE days and so far have managed to shift 2lbs in 2 days...really looking forward to weighing on Monday now!
Change your HE's...dont always have the same fruit or veg if you can help it and really plan your meals. I found that all of these have got me loosing again.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. you are a wise, wise woman. you rock. will try this when i get back from hols - but it's nothing you haven't already told me before. one day it might sink into my thick skull!

Thanks for all the advice lovely people. My intake of veggies varies depending on the day, but I agree that I could eat more.
I lost 2.5 stone with tesco ediets, but couldn't keep to their maintenance plan as it was so prohibitive and after 2yrs of maintaining it started to creep back again. I decided to try SW as it seems more "realistic" ie I can have a cream cake,:D but I have to "syn" it, but it can be done!!!
To be honest as well, I think I may be getting a bit menopausal too which probably isn't helping. :mad:
I'm in the 2nd week of a 6 week countdown, so I'll see what's happened or not by the end and review it. I'd be sad to go, :cry:but expect I'll be back, as I can quite obviously maintain with this plan!!!! :rolleyes:

Just as I said average loss on SW is 1 nto 2 LB this totals your loss at 1 stone. I beg to differ with your I write down everything .... if you do this every day and stick 100% I would suggest that you send your honest guv diary to SW HQ. I have yet to meet someone that this plan actually puts it on if stuck too 100%.

Would you like to post your diaries on the thread for the last month and let us have a look. We may give some suggestions.

Good luck hang in there.

Phil

Last edited:
Do you honestly think I've got the time to type up a month's worth of diaries?!
My consultant has seen my paper diaries and is puzzled too. I'm not lying. I write down EVERYTHING I eat. Quite often, the thought of having to write down everything helps me not to stray - I'd have to write it down!
Anyway, fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in. I feel confident.

The only thing I can think of is, well, eat a bit more? Have more veg? There's nearly no veg in there.I don't think you have to cut down on bananas, just fill your plate with a bit more veg, kickstart your system, eat something you wouldn't normally eat.
I really agree with vixxster. my weight loss in non existant if I don't pack out my meals with veg like cabbage broccoli, carrots, green beans. My first SW cons pointed out that the veg is the four star fuel our bodies need to make it work more effectivley. Good luck xx (PS I totally believe that you have stuck to the plan and agree that it is harder if you have less to loose and if you are used to eating a fairly healthy diet before SW xxx

Okey dokey! Looking at your plan you've had 2 bananas and 2 mullerlight, with so little leeway I think this could be what's doing it. I know they are free food, but bananas are well known for racking up the cals. A large one can be 120cals a small one is 80. So you are eating the equivalent of 4-6 apples there. (I know SW don't do cals but it does have a bearing) Add in 2 mullerlight which is another 200 cals, you will be having a big slice of your daily intake. Do you see where I'm coming from? So between them you are having quite alot of sugar, albeit in fruit form from the bananas. Add syns on top , then I think you have your problem.
It's a juggling act to find out what suits your body. Swap your mullers for shape satisfaction, (pref 1) and cut down to one banana a day and up your veg and I bet you'll see a difference.

you could be right there, because I wouldn't even eat bananas before because of the cals they contained, and I used to eat weightwatchers yoghurts (only about 50cals) not mullerlight.
I might half the intake of bananas and mullerlights and see what happens.
One of the problems I had with ediets maintenance plan was that when I came home at around 5pm I was ravenous, but I wouldn't be eating until 8pmish, and all I was allowed was 120 cals, :sigh: so I would pick. Having a banana sorts this and keeps me going until teatime. I could have an apple instead at morning break and save the banana for the teatime munchies.
Anyway WI tonight and I think I've lost this week - fingers crossed :D

Do you honestly think I've got the time to type up a month's worth of diaries?!
My consultant has seen my paper diaries and is puzzled too. I'm not lying. I write down EVERYTHING I eat. Quite often, the thought of having to write down everything helps me not to stray - I'd have to write it down!
Anyway, fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in. I feel confident.

I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort !! but to offer help to your problem.

Do you eat grapes?

Silly question I know but I spoke to someone yesterday who as you said is 100% true on SW but maintained and had very slow and poor results :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She gave up the grapes totally and started to lose nearly straight away.

I have read that grapes can have this effect on some people.

Good luck

Ps If you havent got time to type up a months worth how about a weeks worth for starters

Phil

Sorry if I've missed this being said somewhere as it's late and I'm tired :eek: but with you saying you haven't got alot to lose as we can see, could it be the amount of syns? Having about a stone to lose, my consultant told me to aim for no more than 10 syns a day and I have had losses each week so far. Just a thought anyway.

I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it! x You sound like you are really trying with the plan. Good luck :) x

Well, I did actually manage to lose 2lbs this week :D, so I have actually broken into new territory here.
The challenge now is can I keep it up for next week :sigh:? Any loss next week would be fab, just don't want to STS, or even worse gain, :eek: which has happened on a couple of occasions.

Going to try to cut down on the bananas and mullerlights, saving bananas for the 5pm snack attack and going back to WW yoghurts and see if it has the desired affect.

Nope I don't eat grapes

Bananas

Are

FREE!!!

Does my head in when I see the banana bashers. Bananas have saved me from many a chocolate bar. All hail the humble banana!

EDIT: Well done for losing 2lb, don't tell me you did it by not eating bananas!

Bananas

Are

FREE!!!

Does my head in when I see the banana bashers. Bananas have saved me from many a chocolate bar. All hail the humble banana!

EDIT: Well done for losing 2lb, don't tell me you did it by not eating bananas!

I concur!!!! :D

On the humble banana front and on the congrats for losing 2 lbs!

Yes I did lose it with the aid of some whopping bananas :eek:, but I'll try cutting out one a day and see what happens.

I agree: they stop me stuffing my face with unsuitable stuff at 5pm. They're easy to grab and eat, sweet and satisfying to munch on :D Other fruit just does not hit the spot!!!!!

Well, I did actually manage to lose 2lbs this week :D, so I have actually broken into new territory here.
The challenge now is can I keep it up for next week :sigh:? Any loss next week would be fab, just don't want to STS, or even worse gain, :eek: which has happened on a couple of occasions.

Going to try to cut down on the bananas and mullerlights, saving bananas for the 5pm snack attack and going back to WW yoghurts and see if it has the desired affect.

Nope I don't eat grapes

Yay well done, hope you have gathered some new found love and inspiration for the Slimming World ways!

**hugs**
Cobweb x

Yes I did lose it with the aid of some whopping bananas :eek:, but I'll try cutting out one a day and see what happens.

I agree: they stop me stuffing my face with unsuitable stuff at 5pm. They're easy to grab and eat, sweet and satisfying to munch on :D Other fruit just does not hit the spot!!!!!

Yerrrrsss SEE?! Banana doubters, for shaaaammmmmmeeee on you :p

Eat them and be merry.

Back