book worms unite!

I've just finished reading the first of the Hunger Games, which I thought was brilliant, really couldn't put it down and so will be getting the others in the series. I've been promised a Kindle when I get to my goal, which is a great incentive.

I'm also halfway through "The Night Circus" but struggling with it, I hate giving up on a book, but I'm not really enjoying it. Got a couple of Val McDermid books lined up too as I love hers

I love my kindle though at the moment it's got pdf's of my readings for uni so no juicy books to tell you all about. But it will certainly keep me out of trouble later

weelena1 said:
Hi guys, I have just finished the hunger games trilogy and it was amazing ... Now I've started working my way through James pattersons Alex cross books which are fantastic x

jasminescott242 said:
ooh i was thinkin of gettin a kindle.im such a major book worm !i just love the thought of being able to down load and start reading a book right away.are they worth the money?also is there different memory sizes?

lorraineA said:
Read the 50 shades trilogy on hold but did get a bit bored with it! Finally capitulated and bought a kindle and love it!
Partway through the new Martina Cole and will thenobe onto the new Marian Keyes - its just so effortless downloading them I wish I'd bought one ages ago!

I read 50 Shades a while back. It was okay - but I'll read almost anything. Love the Kindle. My DD got one of the pre-touch ones and I have a Fire (the tablet from the US headed this way). I love the backlit Fire and the web browser makes it an inexpensive alternative to the iPad. But now I have an iPad with the kindle app, do I'm trading the fire to my DD and letting my DH have the original Kindle. The flat page look appeals to him and adjustable font us good for older eyes. Lol
I like Marisn Keyes, too. I recommend Debbie MacComber to Keyes fans.

I love my kindle. I thoroughly recommend 'room' by Emma Donoghue, though could be a hard read if you are sensitive to the issue. I tend to only download the free books, I'm a cheap skate!

And I second 'before I go to sleep' by SJ Watson. I was glued to the very end.

And the poison wood bible, by Barbara Kingsolver though it is long and took me a bit to get in to.

iwillbethinagain said:
And the poison wood bible, by Barbara Kingsolver though it is long and took me a bit to get in to.

I loved that book. She just released a new one.

I loved that book. She just released a new one.

Yes, I have it on my kindle ready and waiting...it's only like the third book I've paid for!

Back