Books arrived

Baby_Cakes

Dave's little girl
YES!!

My book has arrived ready for the new year start of the GL diet. I have the Holford book that explains it all in detail.

I am looking forward to start of the new year and my first 30 days on the plan.

What is the average for a monthly loss on the plan?

Yay! Have fun reading through and planning. :)

Low GL I think recommends the usual 'healthy' loss of 1-2 lb a week but everyone is different and loses at their own rate! :) You may lose a bit faster especially initially (depending on your diet before) - time will tell! I seem to recall the Holford plan having quite modest portions so if you're following it strictly that could also help with good losses (although I always suggest working out your BMR and daily calorie needs online to make sure you're not accidentally eating too little).

I really recommend taking your measurements also, as low GL helps you shed fat (especially belly fat from the lack of refined carbs, in my experience) you will probably see some good results that way too! :)

Hi
I am also about to start Patrick Holfords diet tomorrow, have done the shopping, digested the books and am looking forward to eating healthy diet -I have done this before and love the food but got waylaid by some personal problems (stuff happens) but back on top and feeling motivated ....so just got to be organised ....M

Hi there :)

I am starting back on the Holford diet on Wednesday. I am looking forward to it, as I always feel so much healthier when I stick to low GL. I need to do a proper food shop before then, and stock up on healthy food again :)

Oh perhaps we can swap tips --I know what you mean re the stocking up, you need the staples --I always have oatcakes, hummous, eggs as my standby --but have also bought some of Lizzis Granola from Amazon which is 5 GLs for breakfast and is delicous with yogurt--it gets me out of bed in the morning, and I buy the ready portioned packets so stops me over eating --have got the toffee and pecan at present but they do about 5 different flavours --whats your staples ??

Porridge with a spoonfull of ground almonds and a swirl of sweet freedom is my staple breakfast. Keeps me going until lunchtime. I also need to stock up on pulses. I get through loads of lentils and chickpeas when I am eating low GL. Oatcakes disappear very quickly in this house, as the whole family love them (NE Scottish thing lol). Plus I need to get some fresh fruit and veg. Last of the Christmas/Hogmanay nibbles will go tonight. then back on the straight and narrow. I was going to wait until Wednesday, but feel so bloated I am going to start tomorrow.

Hi all who are new and welcome! :)

I love the Lizzi's granola and also the sweet freedom. We are lucky to be able to buy the granola in Tesco (and Waitrose for more flavours!).

My staples are pretty similar to everyone elses, perhaps with the addition of nuts and olives. I think it's important to get the good fats into my food!

Welcome, baby cakes! Good luck with your GL journey. I loved reading Patrick Holford. It can be a bit detailed but really does help you understand the whole blood sugar thing.
You will lose weight steadily at a 1-2lbs rate once you watch portion sizes. Remember even the good foods can have high cals. Hummous, seeds and nuts should all be consumed in very small quantities but are essential as they contain the good fats and help balance meals and snacks.
Keep posting to keep yourself on track.

Welcome babycakes! I think you'll enjoy reading your books. I know I enjoyed reading mine alot :)

Back