Books that may help you on your CD journey!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
Just looking through My friend BunnyCD's inspirational pictures and I realised that we could all do with some recommendations for self help reading whilst we are 'losing it'
My list isn't definitive or prescriptive, and as always would welcome input from you guys with your own recommendations....

These are the books that I find helpful (note the present tense, problems don't go away, we just learn how to manage them)

Eating Less and WILLPOWER! both by Gillian Riley
Full of practical tips and ways of coping with cravings and avoiding a binge, non judgemental and easy to read.
Beyond Chocolate by Sophie Boss and Audrey Boss made for good reading.
Take it off and keep it off by Anon, based on the successful methods of overeaters anonymous... Looks at abstinence from overeating as a concept for living
Why Can't I stop eating by Debbie Danowski. The strategies for coping and staying in control are comprehensive and effective.... they are also tough!
and finally
Appetite for life by Nargie Ryerson Inspirational stories that uplift the heart.... include recovery from bulimia and anorexia as well as compulisive eating.

Well that's my list. Any more????

I have none but i've just bought them, thanks

I've just acquired a new book called beyond chocolate... anyone read it?

i don't have any of these books, but i'm going to order on line now, thanks for the info.

There's a funny book called Skinny ***** it's by 2 American model scouts (Amazon.co.uk: low prices in Electronics, Books, Music, DVDs & more stock it)

I'm not sure whether anyone else would find it useful. When i'm dieting I need hard talking to keep me going, I don't repsond well to soft words of encoragement. The Skinny ***** book tells you that you're fat because you eat too much and other really unpleasant put downs.

I think you would need a hard side to read this, but if you need tough love (like I do) then it's a great read.

Ollie
xxxx

DR phils The Ultimate Weight Solution

really remarkable insights into overeating behaviors and what to do to put a final stop to it!

My Big Fat Greek Diet

This book is great for anyone doing a VLCD - a Doctor in the USA takes a sabbatical from his practice, travels the states watching baseball games whilst on protein shakes - a really great book -

bump:rolleyes:

the most fantastic book is Shrink yourself by Roger Gould. there are some excerpts and discussion here and here which are definitely worth a read. I've also blogged about it - a lot lol! it also helps me to read other peoples blogs and see how they are mentally dealing with this crazy diet!

Back