Boo's SW Diary - My Story

Hi Boo... aww you sound like you're having a right hectic time of it at the moment, I've got to do my food shopping tonight too... grgh, ohh there again, am only at home until sunday morning so won't have to get much, yay xxx

Hiya Louise

Yep life is hetic at the minute I can't wait for it to slow down a touch so I can have a rest from it all. Are you going away on Sunday? Anyhoo catch up with you later Boo xx

Well we finished the shopping and Mr Boo is doing us a chicken stir fry it smells lovely.

Mr Boo is on a bit of a downer today because work is being so sh@t at the minute and its really getting to him. I went into the kitchen and he had such a long face, I gave him a big cuddle, we both wish that this could be sorted out.

I think we can both say that we are well and truely into the swing of this diet and to be honest it just feels like we are eating healthy, the only thing I do miss is my nice thick toast in the morning, but I'll get over it.

Hope everyone is having a good evening Boo xx

Ohhh I sounded on a bit of a downer didn't I lol. It's because my work is so hectic this time of year that it takes over my personal life too, roll on august when it should die down.

Well at the min I'm sitting in my car looking at a beautiful lake. My son is a junior scout leader and they've got an outing tonight so I'm waiting for him. It's very quiet here and peaceful lovely really.

Sometimes I let life get to me too much, but sitting here with this scenery and stillness it just melts away. Hope everyone is having a good night. Stay strong everyone. Boo xxxx

So true Boo, sometimes we just need some head space to put everything back into perspective (and sometimes we need to remember the purpose of work i.e. to provide for a life outside of it!). Hopefully not too long until August when the balance will swing a little more in your direction again!

Sounds like you're really doing well and are in your stride now - fab stuff!

Take care lovely - gotta go, my bacon for tomorrow's pasta is burning!!

Hi boo, How's your day been? Not too bad I hope. I'm so glad it's Friday, I hate my job and live for the weekend at the moment. Looking forward to a quiet one this weekend, Mr kins is off too so it'll be nice to have some much needed family time. He'd go mad if he knew I'd just christened him mr kins ha ha ha.
Any plans for the weekend?
Kat x

katkins77 said:
Hi boo, How's your day been? Not too bad I hope. I'm so glad it's Friday, I hate my job and live for the weekend at the moment. Looking forward to a quiet one this weekend, Mr kins is off too so it'll be nice to have some much needed family time. He'd go mad if he knew I'd just christened him mr kins ha ha ha.
Any plans for the weekend?
Kat x

Hiya Kat

It's been a busy day so glad it's over until Monday lol. We've got a quiet one too apart from a quiz tonight. I'm driving so no drinking for me. Lol at the mr kins I bet he would be happy hehe hope you have a great weekend Kat. Catch up with you later xx Boo xx

cherry-pie said:
So true Boo, sometimes we just need some head space to put everything back into perspective (and sometimes we need to remember the purpose of work i.e. to provide for a life outside of it!). Hopefully not too long until August when the balance will swing a little more in your direction again!

Sounds like you're really doing well and are in your stride now - fab stuff!

Take care lovely - gotta go, my bacon for tomorrow's pasta is burning!!

Hiya cherry did you enjoy the pasta? Hope your day is going well. Catch up with you later xxxx

Ooohh, it was lovely - bacon, sweetcorn, philly light and chilli pasta - sounds odd, sooooo tasty!

Well what a week - and I think I have as much work & research to do over the weekend as I did through the week! Nevermind, I'd moan if i has nowt to do!

Enjoy the quiz - good luck!

Ooohh, it was lovely - bacon, sweetcorn, philly light and chilli pasta - sounds odd, sooooo tasty!

Well what a week - and I think I have as much work & research to do over the weekend as I did through the week! Nevermind, I'd moan if i has nowt to do!

Enjoy the quiz - good luck!

Ohhh that does sound nice Cherry, I wonder if you could do that with quark instead of philly, what do you think? Are you working this weekend? Are you mad lol, stay strong Boo xx

Day 24 - Friday 10 June 2011

Its Friday! Yipppeee! I absolutely love Fridays, last work day of the week, thank god.

Today was busy as usual and to be honest it went really fast, for breakfast I had a banana and a hi-fi bar, I've made a concious effort to drink more fluids this week. As I can't stomach too much water I've been drinking asda's orange and pineapple double strength no added sugar squash, its syn free and absolutely delicious, the lemon and lime one is really nice too.

My son has gone camping again this weekend so its just me and Mr Boo and my two doggies awww bliss.

The quiz night went really well, we actually won so we've brought home a bottle of fizzy rose wine, so thats gone in our wine rack. We also had a pint of lager each and have syned this as 8 1/2 syns so no more syns for me today, it was nice though.

Think I might have bacon and eggs tomorrow, that sounds good hmmm yummy.

So now its nearly 11 pm and its just nice to sit on the sofa with Mr Boo, plus the two doggies and chill. Hope everyone has had a good evening, stay strong everyone Boo xx

Well done on the win Mr & Mrs Boo!!!

The pasta would work well with quark (or I often do half quark, half e l mayo, very low in syns and takes the sharpness off the quark)

Have a fab saturday - I'm willing the rain away!

Well done on the win Mr & Mrs Boo!!!

The pasta would work well with quark (or I often do half quark, half e l mayo, very low in syns and takes the sharpness off the quark)

Have a fab saturday - I'm willing the rain away!

Hiya Cherry

I'll have to try that recipe, most probably this week it does sound lovely. Cherry your not willing hard enough the rain is still here lol, anyhoo have a fab day too, catch up with you later Boo xx

Day 25 - Saturday 11 June 2011

I had a bit of a lay in today and it was lovely, cooked Mr Boo a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon, beans and tomatoe's which filled us up till lunch time.

We went to Romford to the market and bought some more fruit and stopped off at the fish stall and bought some mackeral and kippers. I grilled the mackeral at lunch time and we had it with some salad it was really tasty, I can't believe how much I like eating fish now.

Its a lazy night for us, curled up on the sofa and watching tv, it truely is bliss. Hope everyone is having a fab day too. Boo xx

Hey Boo, that sounds like an ideal day, lovely food, good company, a little shopping and a little relaxing - perfect! I love kippers, but I don't think they like me as they give me indigestion for days afterwards. I did spicy salmon last night, it was stunning. I always used to just do lemon and black pepper on my fish, but SW helps you get more experimental I think! I still not overly keen on fresh tuna though, must come from having so much of the tinned stuff as a child!

Have a good one and catch up soon xxx

Hey Boo, that sounds like an ideal day, lovely food, good company, a little shopping and a little relaxing - perfect! I love kippers, but I don't think they like me as they give me indigestion for days afterwards. I did spicy salmon last night, it was stunning. I always used to just do lemon and black pepper on my fish, but SW helps you get more experimental I think! I still not overly keen on fresh tuna though, must come from having so much of the tinned stuff as a child!

Have a good one and catch up soon xxx

Hiya Cherry

That spicy salmon sounds nice, what did you use on the salmon? I don't particularly like tuna, especially the tinned stuff but I try to have it now and again just to give myself a change.

I agree with you about sw making you more experimental with food, we have made some delicious recipes from the books and mags which we would never have done before.

Hope your day is going well, its rainy and grey here and a bit cold so a day for not doing much, just how I like it lol ;) Catch up soon Boo xx

Day 26 - Sunday 11th June 2011

Woke up this morning to rain and grey skys :(, I made Mr Boo his breakfast this morning, kippers and scrambled egg (yum!) then we went down to the pet shop and got some more bits for the dogs.

Oh I forgot to say that I got into my size 18 trousers today! First time in a very long time I'm so pleased! :D:D:D:D:D

Mr Boo did us a toasted ham, cheese and onion sandwich at lunchtime which was fab and we've just put 2 muller lite yogurts in the freezer to have in a couple of hours.

Not quite sure what we are having for dinner, we've got some sliced beef in the fridge, Mr Boo wants a salad with it but I'm not sure, to be honest I don't fancy it at all but it's got to be used up.

I'm picking my son up this afternoon from his weekend of camping, I bet he goes straight up to bed and I won't see him until tomorrow morning, if we make him dinner he won't eat it, he's a nightmare sometimes.

Anyhoo, I'm off to have a look around minimins see if my daughter has posted this weekend. Catch up with you soon everyone, Boo xx

Hmmmm I'm just making chilli con carne with basmati rice and mix fruit salad for desert, I think I've done the chilli on the hotside but I'm really looking forward to it as I'm bloomin freezing today. Anyhoo back to the cooking Boo xx

Day 27 - Monday 13 June 2011

Monday morning and the weather is grey and its busy at work, oh joy!! :cool:

Mr Boo is not feeling very well today so I'm a little bit worried about him, I have to keep phoning him every 5 minutes I think he's getting the hump lol

The alarm didn't go off this morning so instead of getting up at 6am I woke at 6.50 so had to rush around the house getting ready and making lunch for today so no time for breakfast. I ended up having a banana and hi-fi bar when I got into work and i've just had crispbreads with cheese and tomatoes so its a red day for me, think I'll have a salad tonight as I've got to use that sliced beef up (not looking forward to it!)

Hope everyone is ok and staying strong, ohhh its weigh-in day tomorrow, where has the days gone to? Boo xx

I'm home from work and feeling tired as per usual.

Work has been a right pain in the behind today and have come out feeling deflated, this job is soul destroying sometimes, meh!

Anyhoo, as Mr Boo is not feeling very well today I'm cooking dinner, not sure what we are having yet, I know the beef has got to be used up so I guess its the beef then :( what am I like lol.

Right I'm off to sort dinner out, bye for now Boo xx

Well I ended up having bacon, egg and mushrooms :sigh: I'm a lazy cook! No actually I did 3 seperate dinners tonight, my son had sausage and chips, Mr Boo had a beef salad (just didn't fancy it) and mine.

Tomorrow is weigh-in night so dinner will be quick, I've got some fish in parsley sauce in the freezer so thats what we'll have tomorrow night with some veg and potatoes.

Tonight I'm just going to relax with Mr Boo, he still feels out of sorts. Then I think an early night to catch up with the awful night I had last night.

Hope everyone is ok, Boo xx

Back