BordersGirl's Final Phase to Goal - I lost 6 stone!!

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
This is my diary from my post Xmas restart (when I had a break) through to goal.

My previous journey after my holiday in the summer is recorded here:

http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/236897-my-progress-restarting-through-xmas.html

This first post will be updated as I go to record my progress and track my milestones.

Start Date: 4th January 2012
Start Weight (after taking Xmas and New Year off): 14st 5.4lbs
Goal Weight: 160lbs
Week 1 back on plan - lost 10.8lbs
1st goal - get back to pre Xmas weight - DONE :checkmark green:
2nd goal - lose 4 stone in total - DONE :checkmark green:
Week 2 back on plan - lost 3.4lbs
Week 3 back on plan - lost 2.8lbs
Week 4 back on plan - lost 2.2lbs just missing out on the 12s!
3rd goal - get 'into the 12s' - DONE :checkmark green:
4th goal - get to overweight BMI DONE :checkmark green:
5th goal - lose 5 stone in total - DONE :checkmark green:
6th goal - get 'into the 11s' - DONE :checkmark green:
7th goal - lose 6 stone in total - DONE :checkmark green:
8th goal - get 'into the 10s'
9th goal - get to BMI 25 (150lbs)

Last edited:
Best of luck.... Great to see all the green ticks achieved already.....

Tomorrow (4th Jan) I restart my diet having had a complete break over Xmas and New Year. I'm dreading my start weight to be recorded at my official WI tomorrow. I've put on 9.4lbs during my 2 weeks off so far. In fairness I think that you tend to gain around half a stone very quickly as you come out of ketosis so it's not all weight gain through excess eating, but some of it certainly is! I feel fat and bloated and am actually looking forward to getting back on track and losing the 2 and a bit stone I still have to go. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can lose all of the Xmas weight in less than a couple of weeks as I don't fancy it taking me longer to lose than it took to put on!

If the break taught me anything it has re emphasised things I already knew like having open boxes of chocolates in the house is still a bad thing as I can't rest until they are all consumed, that wine makes me hungry and crave carbs, and that it's all too easy to over indulge. When I started back on food a couple of weeks ago I felt full very quickly, but 2 weeks in I'm managing to eat more much more easily.

I was thinking of trying to low carb today to ease into ketosis a little easier but I've had porridge for breakfast so that rules that out! I've managed it by going cold turkey in the past so no doubt I can do so again :)

I really admire those you can low carb for days before.....mef like you just did cold turkey......was on my many trips to the loo this am.....and have lost 4 lbs !!....again I know it's its not fat but great to see the scales move so fast....your will too.....

Just gearing up to 'the last supper' before restarting in the morning. Chicken chasseur with wine at the ready too :). WI tomorrow am to ascertain my start weight and then I'm off. First shake due tomorrow at 10am. I will also be back at work for the first time since before Xmas and I'm hoping that it's busy so that the time passes quickly.

I was inspired by something I saw on someone's signature earlier:

"People worry about what they've eaten between Christmas and New Year when they should be worrying about what they've eaten between New Year and Christmas".

I liked that, and it made me feel better about my Christmas excesses. Back to sensible mode tomorrow and looking forward to my stomach feeling flatter soon :)

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your restart tomorrow BG, you can do it!

Look forward to reading your diary and seeing your fantastic progress :)

And I have absolutely NOTHING to say about the Chicken Chasseur.......

Good luck Borders Girl on the start of your diet tomorrow. You have done well so far. From experience of VLCDs, any weight put on in a fairly short period (like hols and Christmas), tends to come off quite quickly too. I am sure you will be back to your pre-Christmas weight in no time!

Thanks GSG. I'm a fairly slow loser (comparatively) but if I stick at it I know that the weight goes eventually. Sometimes it grates a bit when I see others having fantastic losses but there's nothing I can do about that so I just have to keep plugging away.

I can't believe how much effort it takes to cook real food actually. I'm looking forward to my 2 minute microwave packs again :). The OH is on his own when I restart too. The deal is that I get my food when I'm on this diet and he gets his. We've been sharing the cooking over Christmas.

Thanks frannie. I'm inspired by the fact that Maka lost all of her 9lbs Christmas gain plus an extra pound in her first week back on plan. I've been off plan for a bit longer but I hope I can lose the excess in the first 10 days, fingers crossed anyway :)

Unfortunately 2 meals sometimes 3 or 4 have to be cooked in my house, my two boys and usually 1 if not 2 of Sams friends for dinner. I decided that as they have school dinners I can get away with doing light snacks during the week for them, so I don't have to spend much time round real food but at the weekend they need cooked meals so no avoiding it!

The neighbour cooked again tonight pie and beans, the pie did call me and I will be honest I picked a bit of pie up off the youngest's plate, his food is cut up into bite size pieces, popped it in my mouth, instantly thought you don't want to do this and spat it out :)

The neighbour however is in wind up mode as he bought in custard doughnuts earlier, we don't buy them in our house that often but I love them when we do, he gave it to Ben who was sat on me knee and stood there making comments to get me to cave in, very cruel but I resisted.

Last night he was going on about buying a Chicken Patia with a Peshwari Naan, Salad bits and mango chutney, this is what I normally have when I have curry, my favourite!! again don't have it very often just once in a while but not a very nice thing for him to do. Going to have to watch out for him and his comments!!

I wish I could tell my two to cook for themselves

I ended up going to the pub at lunch time with a load of people off my course and they all sat there tucking into lovely looking pub lunches. They had these criss cross chips that looked amazing and I so wanted to try one but managed to resist.

That's great will power.... You only realise how much we pick at food until you stop. I am cooking three meals a day at the moment...so it's a challenge! But keeping strong like you guys! Well done us!

To be honest when I was in the 'zone' to start with I wasn't even bothered about any food. The only time I came close to cheating was during absent minded spells when I looked in the fridge or cupboard to see what I could have before remembering I was on this diet and couldn't have any of it. I wasn't even hungry at the time so it shows how many times I ate for comfort rather than hunger! I found it hard in the run up to Xmas though, and knowing that I was going to be having a break I caved in a couple of days earlier than planned.

That's great will power.... You only realise how much we pick at food until you stop. I am cooking three meals a day at the moment...so it's a challenge! But keeping strong like you guys! Well done us!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like GetSetGo, I have two boys (11 and 7) and I have to sort their meals. What's helped me is pre-cooking and then just heating up during the course of the week. That avoids me being in the kitchen too long.

On the upside though, they're getting much healthier meals too since they're no longer based on my whims and fancies.

Also, they're getting more reasonable portion-sizes because I still feel guilty about binning food.

It was embarrassing when I realised that I tended to cook for four generous portions and between them, my boys only manage the equivalent of one portion...so GUESS WHO ate the other 3 generous portions????

Flippin 'eck, worse than I could have imagined when I weighed in this morning. Up to 14st 5.4lbs!!! No doubt not helped by the last supper, wine and large piece of Christmas cake I had yesterday evening!

So before Christmas I was 2lbs off losing 4 stone and now I'm only just over 3 stone. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm back on track today. Stats and signature all updated to reflect the gains over Xmas and New Year. First shake coming up soon. Not hungry yet but I know that it will be worse tomorrow.

OK, let's get that remaining weight zapped!

Yes, I know what you mean - I have a 10 an 3 year old. I found I was giving the 3 year old same portion as the 10 year old and finishing his food plus my own plate....hmmmm. Per-cooking is a good idea. Hadn't thought of doing that....that said - I did cook them fish and broccoli for dinner last night so we are a healthier house also......best of luck with the Zumba!

Flippin 'eck, worse than I could have imagined when I weighed in this morning. Up to 14st 5.4lbs!!! No doubt not helped by the last supper, wine and large piece of Christmas cake I had yesterday evening!

So before Christmas I was 2lbs off losing 4 stone and now I'm only just over 3 stone. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm back on track today. Stats and signature all updated to reflect the gains over Xmas and New Year. First shake coming up soon. Not hungry yet but I know that it will be worse tomorrow.

OK, let's get that remaining weight zapped!

Join my club...we are nearly the same weight lol...I lost 4 lbs after 2.5 days so it will drop off quickly! Best of luck....

Back